PSA - Purifying Chastisement damage bonus only works on melee attacks.

idbeholdME

Speaking only about the base property of Damage of Enraged Players +X%.

Just tested it and it's another case of bugged tooltip. It will visually increase the damage on the tooltip of for example, Reverse Polarity Sphere mod, but Sphere will only ever deal the damage that was listed when the Inquisitor was at full health. It only increases the damage of melee attacks and weapon based CAs.

However, the damage bonuses from mods (Purge, Mystic and Hallow) WILL increase the damage of everything, including spells. Meaning that without mods, this CA works exclusively on weapon attacks.

Edited by idbeholdME
On 1/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, Lindor said:

lol that's funny/wierd xD

I think it might have been done on purpose. To really make it a melee oriented buff for an Inquisitor that goes in hard.

But still, Purifying Chastisement is something that every Inquisitor wants, melee or caster. The Bronze mod alone can contribute a massive chunk of damage and the gold mod is a massive, all channel damage increase.

The WIDD part is just the cherry on top for a melee Inquisitor and honestly, the weakest part of the buff (which is funny as that's the base property). The largest chunk of power is in the mods.

And as I'm currently building a dual wield left click Inquisitor, it's starting to seem he should be the character with the highest melee damage potential in the game, simply thanks to this buff. Ignoring %LL of course, which I prefer to avoid using due to how OP it is.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, idbeholdME said:

it's starting to seem he should be the character with the highest melee damage potential in the game

Yee, wait until you tried him with double sword of the blood dryads going for fire dmg xD

• zomgod! 1