Netflix no more sharing, new pricing ... cancel or keep ?

gogoblender

I'm a little busted about how Netflix is moving forward on this. Especially since everyone here in Canada on one account has to log into one singular wifi registered as *home*.. but i guess we had it too good all this time.  I had a membership with them since 2005 and some of my fam even earlier when they were sending out dvds in the mail... my mom misses that :lol:  But their new pricing is just a little too high... we used to split the premium with all those screens and our new tv we got last year made viewing experiences delightful. Tween us two here at home, mom in the states and two of Schot,s Customers the pricing was extraordinary, the content and operating system near flawless (at least for us)

With the cost of brocolli also exploding, we decided to cut dear old Netflix next month and have decided to instead only work with Apple plus because i share the cost with one of my cousins for music (cant live without that !! :bounce: ) and prime ...which has the largest collection of negative rating sci fi shows ever conceived of but has some good hits once in a while.

INconveniced?

Yes

But... well still live.. and how knows... im in a way looking forward to how much well miss this and thinking how, where, well go.

You guys ?

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to Netflix no more sharing, new pricing ... cancel or keep ?

I've also had a Netflix account since 2005 when they would mail you DVD's.  :D  It's always just been my and my one TV (sometimes PC) that I use for Netflix so nothing really ever changes for me except the slowly increasing price.

Unless there's a specific show that drops that I'll watch all at once (which happens maybe a few times a year anymore) I don't watch it that much.  Seems like 90% of what I watch day to day is youtube.

I also have HBO Max but I've gone through most of what I would want to see on there as well.

Living mid in a forest...

What is Netflix?

Most time we watch TV is at heavy rain storms and then the radio antenna for internet is shaking. But not the half ton satellite receiver.

Next I want to watch on Free-tv: Der Schwarm / The Swarm was a fantastic book and now it is as a 4 episode mini series,

8 hours ago, Flix said:

I've also had a Netflix account since 2005 when they would mail you DVD's.  :D  It's always just been my and my one TV (sometimes PC) that I use for Netflix so nothing really ever changes for me except the slowly increasing price.

Unless there's a specific show that drops that I'll watch all at once (which happens maybe a few times a year anymore) I don't watch it that much.  Seems like 90% of what I watch day to day is youtube.

I also have HBO Max but I've gone through most of what I would want to see on there as well.

Im also connected to that feeling of familliarity... always having netflix means that its always something that just turns me on and feeds me instant video-panacea :lol: My cuz who's a bit fanatical about *fighting the future* had, on the day he received the netflix no-sharing email, gotten a *plex* account* ... he says that this allows him to watch anything he wants ... :blink: we'll see how far that goes for him.

Schot says were on a new streaming progam called *Nordic Forward*...it means we do more with much, much less
:4rofl:

gogo

ps you never tried Disney? 

5 hours ago, chattius said:

Living mid in a forest...

What is Netflix?

Most time we watch TV is at heavy rain storms and then the radio antenna for internet is shaking. But not the half ton satellite receiver.

Next I want to watch on Free-tv: Der Schwarm / The Swarm was a fantastic book and now it is as a 4 episode mini series,

ahhhh, the forest life! Chattius sometimes I envy your distance from our video-channel riddled world ..its like earth being cored out by trails of streams :oooo:

Swarm... hmm,i remember that being a double b-school old movie from the seventies wasnt it?

Bees that had made it across the border up into the states?
:oooo:

gogo

5 hours ago, chattius said:

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Swarm... hmm,I remember that being a double b-school old movie from the seventies wasnt it?

Bees that had made it across the border up into the states?
:oooo:

gogo

Nope, bees are peaceful. I have some hives

The novel 'The swarm' was number one for best selling books in germany for 8 month and in top 10 for several years.

It is about a very intelligent neural network of swarm building deep sea amoebia. They see their life in danger and plan to remove the humans from the earth. They mind control maritime worms to dig holes in methan stone creating mega tsunamis, mind controlled orcas attack fisher boats , land crabs attack humans spreading diseases, billions of shells attaching to the bottoms of tankers and containerships, their weight make them sink, ...

Short a multilevel attack on menkind

the-swarm-taschenbuch-frank-schaetzing-e

• zomgod! 1

There's some tit-for-tat sharing going on here between family members with Netflix and Spotify, so this might become an issue for us as well. Truthfully, I watch more Youtube than Netflix, apart from the occasional binge of a show with not too many episodes. But getting Netflix would mean we would probably switch out more. Like how every now and then we get Amazon Prime for a month. And I really want to get a few months of crunchyroll premium when I have some more time to spare as well. I don't really see the point of having more than 1 subscription though. So disabling account sharing will mean our money will probably be spent elsewhere, definitely not on a continuous membership.

• Like! 1
On 2/20/2023 at 3:57 PM, Timotheus said:

There's some tit-for-tat sharing going on here between family members with Netflix and Spotify, so this might become an issue for us as well. Truthfully, I watch more Youtube than Netflix, apart from the occasional binge of a show with not too many episodes. But getting Netflix would mean we would probably switch out more. Like how every now and then we get Amazon Prime for a month. And I really want to get a few months of crunchyroll premium when I have some more time to spare as well. I don't really see the point of having more than 1 subscription though. So disabling account sharing will mean our money will probably be spent elsewhere, definitely not on a continuous membership.

Here you with the *tit for tat*  :4rofl: ... I guess the whole world got wrapped up in the netflix share password game :D ...  WE loved Disney,but you get through all its content in a month, and since we use Amazon for getting stuff, I guess well have to put up with what it shows. ONe of my friends says that its simply not effective to pay for ALL services at once, but to only have one at a time, binge, then switch to another service

hmmmmm

And like you and Flix have mentionned... it feels more easier, more natural to just turn on youtube and watch from a HUGE number of channel choices...heck channel surfing on youtube alone feels pretty satisfying...and with ads and it being free for now... seems like it'll do

:D

:gogo