Greetings and salutations

Old returning member after a decade of absence.
Started playing sacred 2 again after I honestly forgot it existed for nearly 10 years.
After some fidgeting with settings and files, I got it working, and now I'm getting my ass kicked by the white griffin as a dual-wielding shadow warrior. 
Game still looks great, in my opinion.

Hope to see you guys around!

• Like! 1

What else is there to say other than welcome back :)
I know the feeling of picking up an old game, ever since last year or so I've been slowly getting my wife to play some of my favorite childhood games. So I'm currently enjoying some good old Sacred Underworld :cool: safe travels!

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Sirius said:

Old returning member after a decade of absence.
Started playing sacred 2 again after I honestly forgot it existed for nearly 10 years.
After some fidgeting with settings and files, I got it working, and now I'm getting my ass kicked by the white griffin as a dual-wielding shadow warrior. 
Game still looks great, in my opinion.

Hope to see you guys around!

Welcome back Sirius... you were part of our early Nordic group here  in the early days of this game and Ogame here at forum... drinks at the bar (dont be shy to ask for seconds!)

:drunkards:

gogo

ps im looking at getting into Diablo 4 when it releases this summer... you play ?

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

ps im looking at getting into Diablo 4 when it releases this summer... you play ?

For some reason, the Diablo games never truly gripped me. Played them loosely once upon a time.

11 hours ago, Sirius said:

For some reason, the Diablo games never truly gripped me. Played them loosely once upon a time.

heres the diablo 4 topic, a few of us are gonna play this june

:)

gogo

I played Dungeon Siege for a bit. But the single player "party" aspect doesn't do it for me, I have no explanation why though.

Divinity 2 is a game I've only ever seen other people play online with their friends, and looks quite fun.

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, Sirius said:

Regarding rpg's, has anyone played games such as baldur's gate, divinity 2 and dungeon siege?
Those rank quite high with me, and I keep going back to them.

Never played baldu's gate, but dungeon siege ADORED... played both first and second. Beautifully drawn, immersive world.. divinity was my first game EVER I bought for comp, but it was so dark, and found it difficult to play...enter world of warcraft 3 (was it ?) ...  POLISHED game.

2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I played Dungeon Siege for a bit. But the single player "party" aspect doesn't do it for me, I have no explanation why though.

Divinity 2 is a game I've only ever seen other people play online with their friends, and looks quote fun.

I loved the first dungeon siege but playing the second one... its MP was so bizarre...cmon... lol playing the game as someone else"s pet ??
:4rofl: 

gogo

2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Never played it online... I figured if anything it would have been similar to DD2 where you have completely separate/individual characters. So how did that work in DS2 then?

Each person carried their own virtual world with them.. you could only visit someone elses server they put up... soo all the credit would go to the server dude...while we...got to tag along as the pet

hahahaha

yah...as if that worked

:lol:

gogo

Wow I don't remember any of how DS2's multiplayer worked. I played it with my brother once via LAN and had a good time, that's all I can recall of that. 
Some memories come back when playing sacred 2 right now though. I remember playing it on PS3 a bit over 10 years ago, and it didn't have the expansion/dlc on there.
First thing that tipped me off was that the white griffin is now tied to a quest that needs activation to spawn him in. 
Back then, he just came out of nowhere and made me have a little accident.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 9:45 PM, Sirius said:

Regarding rpg's, has anyone played games such as baldur's gate, divinity 2 and dungeon siege?
Those rank quite high with me, and I keep going back to them.

Hello Sirius and welcome back. I have played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, the second one is much better than the first one, for me personally. I have also played Champions Of Norrath and Champions: Return To Arms. If you ever get a chance to play it, I can highly recomend Drakan: The Ancient Gates, it's a third person player game, you get to play a female character called Ryn and you get to fly her Dragon, it has both great game play and story that blends so nicely together. By the way I have named a Temple Guardian after you, though at the time, I did not know that there was someone actually with the name Sirius (Sirius: Legend Of The Temple Guardian (Story Idea Concept). I hope that you do not mind having a Temple Guardian named after you.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Thanks! 1
On 3/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, SheHawk said:

By the way I have named a Temple Guardian after you, though at the time, I did not know that there was someone actually with the name Sirius (Sirius: Legend Of The Temple Guardian (Story Idea Concept). I hope that you do not mind having a Temple Guardian named after you.

Haha, don't worry about that.
I've yet to play baldur's gate 2, and the other games you referred to.
I'll look into those.

• Appreciation 1
On 3/6/2023 at 5:35 AM, SheHawk said:

Hello Sirius and welcome back. I have played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, the second one is much better than the first one, for me personally. I have also played Champions Of Norrath and Champions: Return To Arms. If you ever get a chance to play it, I can highly recomend Drakan: The Ancient Gates, it's a third person player game, you get to play a female character called Ryn and you get to fly her Dragon, it has both great game play and story that blends so nicely together. By the way I have named a Temple Guardian after you, though at the time, I did not know that there was someone actually with the name Sirius (Sirius: Legend Of The Temple Guardian (Story Idea Concept). I hope that you do not mind having a Temple Guardian named after you.

Thanks for the thoughtful recommendations Shehawk. Baldur's Gate one and two are still perfect examples of beautiful story telling that lasts years. 

And what a cool and propitious moment that both Sirius's meet up in this instance of our universal moment?

Woooo ...the multiverse is heeeere

:oooo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1