Sacred 2 ~ Is there Hard Cap skill for console

Ok, I tried searching but couldn't revise the results enough to learn what I was hoping to- my apologies as I'm sure it's been answered somewhere else before now.

That being said- is there an actual hard skill cap, including all +skills bonuses? I.e. if I have 75 points in all skills (mastery), and +212 All Skills socketed (which I do), are all of my skills *at least* 287? Or is there an actual hard cap at like 255 or something, and I should be using some of these socket slots for other things? Mind you, I'm only at level 120 currently (such a slog lol), so I anticipate nearly doubling that +All skills modifier by the time I hit max level.

I appreciate any information anyone has. (And yes, I'm still playing on console haha)

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 ~ Is there Hard Cap skill for console
1 hour ago, 2Lemurs said:

Shoot, did I accidentally put this in the wrong sub-forum again? I'm terrible at this 😨😭

Hi Lemur!
Good seeing you back again :-)… No worries about the wrong forum everything always turns out Happy here 🥰

I moved it to what could be better but I may actually have to create one for later on… In the meantime I added some more words to your question I think there’s actually some players here that still play sacred  on console and they could probably help you

Why don’t we hit the coffee espresso bar  here it’s early and I can do with a good latte

🥳😎😁

gogo

• Appreciation 1
54 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Lemur!
Good seeing you back again :-)… No worries about the wrong forum everything always turns out Happy here 🥰

I moved it to what could be better but I may actually have to create one for later on… In the meantime I added some more words to your question I think there’s actually some players here that still play sacred  on console and they could probably help you

Why don’t we hit the coffee espresso bar  here it’s early and I can do with a good latte

🥳😎😁

gogo

Thanks. Gogo. It's good to see you too! I appreciate your understanding. Hopefully, someone in this great community has the answer I seek. In the meantime, cheers!

6 hours ago, 2Lemurs said:

Thanks. Gogo. It's good to see you too! I appreciate your understanding. Hopefully, someone in this great community has the answer I seek. In the meantime, cheers!

Wonderful to always meet up with other happy people two days before my vacation and my last day of work :4rofl:

I just remembered that LUjate, who is a mod here was playing Sacred 2 on console here as well, he may have some insight

@lujate

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, 2Lemurs said:

That's awesome gogo, I hope you have a fun vacation- anything interesting planned?

Got my whole day off tomorrow, were in the middle of doing some reno here at the apartment and cleanup.. day after tomorow fams coming in, mom from maryland and brother from calgary, staying overnight and having a big dinner at my aunts place, then next morning we have to be at airport for 630 am to catch flight to Panama for the week.

Mom's dream trip to see the Panama Canals, plus theres some beach time which me and my brother are in for 

:D

gogo

• zomgod! 1
21 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Got my whole day off tomorrow, were in the middle of doing some reno here at the apartment and cleanup.. day after tomorow fams coming in, mom from maryland and brother from calgary, staying overnight and having a big dinner at my aunts place, then next morning we have to be at airport for 630 am to catch flight to Panama for the week.

Mom's dream trip to see the Panama Canals, plus theres some beach time which me and my brother are in for 

:D

gogo

That's awesome! It's a proof of your character that you're so family centric and happy to fulfill this dream for your mother. 

Total props, my dude.

I don't think there ever was a cap in Sacred 2. However, pushing anything past 250 is pretty much pointless (besides Constitution). The diminishing returns at that point are massive and 250 is the point where item bonuses that get unlocked by having a specific skill reach their maximum value and stop scaling.

That being said, I never played the console version, but it is very similar to an unpatched Fallen Angel, which I played a lot a long time ago.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
On 2/27/2023 at 1:04 PM, idbeholdME said:

I don't think there ever was a cap in Sacred 2. However, pushing anything past 250 is pretty much pointless (besides Constitution). The diminishing returns at that point are massive and 250 is the point where item bonuses that get unlocked by having a specific skill reach their maximum value and stop scaling.

That being said, I never played the console version, but it is very similar to an unpatched Fallen Angel, which I played a lot a long time ago.

I appreciate the response, @idbeholdME. I kind of figured that was the case, so now I can focus the rest of my admittedly dwindling motivation on finally level capping. (Yes- after this many years, I've still never hit level 200 😭😂)

• Haha 1

I appreciate the heads-up. I've still a ways to go with her- she's only 128 atm, having beaten Niob all the way back at 90 or so.

• Like! 1
20 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Good luck with that. Or rather patience. If you are in the 175+ level range, killing stuff gives basically no XP. Quests might actually be a faster source of XP than killing stuff, because the XP penalty doesn't affect that.

I also just calculated my experience/minute in the Orc Cave, with +271% experience gear, at 257,983/min. At this stage (129), that's about a level every 30-40 minutes. So hopefully by the end of the month, I'll hit 175... and then the real grind begins...

I'm using the Orc Cave because the swamp is annoying to me lol

• Haha 1
On 3/2/2023 at 4:54 PM, 2Lemurs said:

I also just calculated my experience/minute in the Orc Cave, with +271% experience gear, at 257,983/min. At this stage (129), that's about a level every 30-40 minutes. So hopefully by the end of the month, I'll hit 175... and then the real grind begins...

I'm using the Orc Cave because the swamp is annoying to me lol

Well, at level 129, your experience gained from kills is getting cut by about 41%. once your reach 175, it's going to be cut by ~90%. So at 175, it's going to be taking you about 6 times longer to gain the same amount of XP. And the cut will continue increasing until about 95.25% reduction at level 199. And don't forget that the experience required to level up also keeps increasing, by hundreds of thousands per level near the end. I also honestly have no idea how you attained 271% bonus XP per kill and still maintain relevant kill speed.

Either way, I definitely wouldn't level past 125 with ANY character if I couldn't reduce the XP penalty (which is luckily very easy to do on PC). Also not to mention, that the Orc Cave will eventually stop scaling so it won't be viable for the last levels anyway. Hardly any place in vanilla scales the enemies to the highest levels besides those near the end.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 5:08 AM, 2Lemurs said:

Ok, I tried searching but couldn't revise the results enough to learn what I was hoping to- my apologies as I'm sure it's been answered somewhere else before now.

That being said- is there an actual hard skill cap, including all +skills bonuses? I.e. if I have 75 points in all skills (mastery), and +212 All Skills socketed (which I do), are all of my skills *at least* 287? Or is there an actual hard cap at like 255 or something, and I should be using some of these socket slots for other things? Mind you, I'm only at level 120 currently (such a slog lol), so I anticipate nearly doubling that +All skills modifier by the time I hit max level.

I appreciate any information anyone has. (And yes, I'm still playing on console haha)

Hey there 2Lemurs, I play on console (PS3) and currently have a level 126 HE with 126 skill points in Enhanced Perception + 182 in all skills/Enhanced perception bonuses, so it is currently at level 308. You can view the actual level of the skill on the Skills page, it will include all bonus level points that you have in the details section (you might have to press R1) so on mine it shows the actual 308 number. That being said, I don't think there is any limit in level for skills. 

Good to see another console player, there aren't many of us left! ;)

• Appreciation 1