Sacred 2 Map Download, no text, icons, portals

Hey, fellow Ancarians. I've been looking for a high-res map of Ancaria with no text, icons, portals, or other added detail to it - just high res. I found a few great ones, such as this beauty, however, it has a lot of things added to it:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Map_of_Ancaria

The reason I want a clean map is that I'm thinking of doing a D&D campaign set in Ancaria and I need a very high-res Ancaria map with nothing on it. The closest I found was this:

Rendermaparticlegross.jpg

It's 2,500 x 2,500 which is pretty good but the 4,000 x 4,000 of the above map is even better. The German names are mostly fine, I can try to photoshop some of them out. But, ideally, I'm looking for something with an even higher res than 2,500 x 2,500 and no names/icons whatsoever. Any tips on where I can find something like this or make it myself? Like, is there an actual high res map in the game's files or something like that? 

Thanks!

Edited by RetsReds
  • Like! 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I ended up making a completely clean map myself. It's not as good as I wanted as I'm not good with photoshop but it's close to what I need and good enough for a D&D campaign. I'm also thinking of adding a second "fog of war" layer so the players don't have access to all of the map's details right away. I'm posting it here in the slim chance someone happens to need something similar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tVaWtqPbT7QshwUfMvKw6p3Dr9YwfE6/view?usp=sharing

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Flix said:

Sorry I didn't see this until now. The one from the game files is 2048x2048.

The giant one used to assemble the map on the Wiki was actually assembled from thousands of tiny square sector files - a monumental undertaking.

Ah, thanks! Yea, I used the in-game one, just clipped it a few times and photoshopped the pieces together so the end result was 2274x2277. It is great to have it in color, however, it looks better, thanks. :)

Edited by RetsReds
  • Like! 1
On 4/6/2023 at 3:25 AM, RetsReds said:

I ended up making a completely clean map myself. It's not as good as I wanted as I'm not good with photoshop but it's close to what I need and good enough for a D&D campaign. I'm also thinking of adding a second "fog of war" layer so the players don't have access to all of the map's details right away. I'm posting it here in the slim chance someone happens to need something similar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tVaWtqPbT7QshwUfMvKw6p3Dr9YwfE6/view?usp=sharing

Beautiful crafted work by you for your d and d game! Are you dming for others or a player? Its interesting this is coming back, I just got back from the Dungeons and Dragons movie this last weekend... ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS

:)

gogo

17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Beautiful crafted work by you for your d and d game! Are you dming for others or a player? Its interesting this is coming back, I just got back from the Dungeons and Dragons movie this last weekend... ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS

:)

gogo

Ah, already DMed a one-shot (my first), I'm prepping another now. Hopefully start a full campaign sometime this year. It's fun. :)

I think Ancaria is excellent for this - I had to change quite a bit of the lore to mesh it with many of the D&D lore and races, of course. Plus, I'm going for a more sandboxy thing, I'm not going to just railroad the party through the game's main story line. But it's shaping up nicely so far - having a whole world I already know inside and out really cuts down on my prep time and it makes improv easier too. :P

Edited by RetsReds

Hey again. I was wondering, is there a way to get a screen shot of the dungeon under the Thylysium arena in HD? I tried doing it myself, I upped the camera zoom to be able to catch the whole dungeon under the arena but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the camera's angle. Plus, the quality of a screenshot with my potato isn't really great... If someone has a birdseye shot of that dungeon in good resolution (but without the red arrow and quest circles) I'd be immensely grateful. But having the know-how would be even better. :)

sacred2TheCenterOfPowerwt4.jpg.a8e558d24bd86ad4d91c1ef5f7e4ba58.jpg

Edited by RetsReds
On 4/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, Flix said:

There probably is a way to adjust the camera further to give you full top-down camera view, but you'd have to adjust the settings in options.txt.  I'll take a look when I get a chance.

This is the best I could do with the minimap image file, I pulled it out of the sector editor (which uses the game's minimap files) and then upscaled it.

CFLnfAt.png

I'm astonished

that upscaling is impressive 

:thumbsup:

gogo