Overall DM Destroyer damage

Thanks for the detailed tests. So it only affects mitigation and not armor. Which does make AM Mastery a bit more underwhelming, as some enemies can have massive armor (bosses, scorpions etc.).And if you want to reduce the damage of the very few enemies that have access to Ancient Magic (red dragons and Elite Temple Guardians), then stacking fire armor instead of mitigation is the way to go (relics to the rescue).

But as for benefits to the character, the damage part of AM is still worth it and the Mastery is good, but probably not worth going for it early on. Fire is a pretty frequent mitigation type amongst enemies (some enemies even have castable buffs that give them fire mitigation), mutants have magic mitigation and I think Undead have poison mitigation. Not to mention the elementals, which have at least around 75% or more mitigation to their element and a ton of armor. Ice Elementals are completely immune to Ice.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • 3 weeks later...

One more thing that came to mind @Flix

Do you still have your test bench at hand? I'd be interested in knowing whether Chance to Bypass Armor works on spells, or if it works at all (for weapon attacks). I'd played a ranged Shadow Warrior in the past with about 60% chance to bypass, but honestly didn't notice much of a difference in damage dealt. And also, whether it only works on physical damage or all elements, melee/ranged etc. Can summons proc it? Or something like the Dryad Totem or SW tower? Could be very relevant to the OP if Destroyers could make use of it.

This bonus could be a hidden powerhouse against heavily armored opponents, if it treats enemy armor as 0 every time it procs. But would probably require a modded item that gave 100% chance to bypass to test it. Imagine Carnach without his massive amounts of fire armor in late Niob :O

But if I had to bet, I'd say it works only for player weapon attacks and weapon CAs, if that. Could be that the bonus is simply broken and does nothing.

A custom monster with tens of thousands of armor would be perfect for this.

Edited by idbeholdME
On 5/13/2023 at 10:34 PM, Flix said:

But we'll see what happens with some testing of the base game files.

Thanks.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:34 PM, Flix said:

as I'm deep into putting together a restoration/fixpack for Van Helsing Final Cut.

Now that's interesting. I only played through the non-Final Cut VH 1 and 2 twice and VH 3 once. Been meaning to do an FC playthrough soon-ish, but might just wait in that case. What's the scope of the content/changes?

Sorry, I forgot I had made the EE 3.2a patch since the last testing, so I lost the custom setup. I can rebuild it but I might need to wait a little so I don't split my focus.

On 5/16/2023 at 3:35 AM, idbeholdME said:

Now that's interesting. I only played through the non-Final Cut VH 1 and 2 twice and VH 3 once. Been meaning to do an FC playthrough soon-ish, but might just wait in that case. What's the scope of the content/changes?

It's about a 33% split between bugfixing, content restoration, and balancing/QoL.  The three games were poorly stitched together and lot of content got left on the cutting room floor for no good reason.

• Appreciation 1