Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Greetings!

You have to launch regedit and proceed to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

There you'll find  "Language", "MovieTrack" and "Speech". Change the appropriate values to "ru_RU" "10" "ru_RU".

Спасибо! А нормально что довольно много колец и амулетов в магазине не имеют качеств? Играю на серебре
----
Thanks! Is it normal that quite a few rings and amulets in the store do not have qualities? Playing on silver

1 hour ago, QD19 said:

Is it normal that quite a few rings and amulets in the store do not have qualities? Playing on silver

Nope, not normal at all, despite being present since vanilla I'll look into it, once the feedback period passes a month. There's something wrong with the item generator, perhaps at algorythm-level.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Flagging them as elite was arbitrary on my part in CM 1.60, it may be better to keep them as normal class monsters.

Technically, they ARE elite. They use the, roughly, same properties, as Troll Hunters. I'll just apply the same spawn proportion. 

Edited by dimitrius154
1 hour ago, cosminkz said:

Also I can not find the NPC that gives the Undead Legion chain quest ,has something to do with the addendum quests changes?

No, that one should be in place. Does the incident repeat itself upon reloading the game?

1 hour ago, cosminkz said:

Do not know if you remember but I talked to you about it a while ago 

And I still do not have the appropriate criteria). "Importance" is a very vague term, something numerical is needed.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

"Importance" is a very vague term, something numerical is needed.

Hmmm, I really do not know how to explain better but I will try again .

When people play a game they farm to get good gear , search for bosses to beat , search for secrets / events . In Sacred the bosses do not spawn if the right quest/chainquest it is not initiated , same for the events ,"Bling Guardian" for example.

"Numerical is needed" are you refering that the same quest type have the same number asigned ? Kobold Chieftain quest and The White Griifin quest share the same number ? 

In the end if the quests related to bosses and events have a different color then the people seeing it will know that if they get that quest there is a secret event or a boss to fight wich is in their interest " farm , fight bosses , discovering secrets".

I do not want to bother you with my request and if it is something you do not want to implement or is a lot of work then forget about it . I apreciate what you did so far :bow:

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, that one should be in place. Does the incident repeat itself upon reloading the game?

Mage Wylmieni is missing , the combo master , merchant and 3 other npc are in this area an these 2 resemble Mage Wylmieni .

Captura de pantalla (1)-min.png

Many thanks for fantastic update :) I am playing extra mode (20 skill slots) High Elf. I would like to try Ice Build but with Cascading Shroud as a buff. There is a topic for making this fix

I want to ask is it safe to use in its current form with Addendum or should some values be changed?

7 hours ago, cosminkz said:

"Numerical is needed" are you refering that the same quest type have the same number asigned ?

No, I mean a parameter(a widely accepted one, that is) by which the importance of a quest is quantified, otherwise it's impossible to devise a function.

5 hours ago, Watchmaker said:

I want to ask is it safe to use in its current form with Addendum or should some values be changed?

It will work, but you can't expect it to be supremely effective without spending points on that CA - I fixed the invisibility detection, it now actually does work. And all Bosses have Enhanced Perception.

13 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, I mean a parameter(a widely accepted one, that is) by which the importance of a quest is quantified, otherwise it's impossible to devise a function.

So you were refering to parameter so you can create a equation ,the problem is I can not transform that importance in numbers so I can give a corect value for the quests . But also in a minimal and an abstract point of view even if importance is relative the importance can be found in "Sacred 2" 
looking at the stars a quest has . The value is defined in a way by stars , some quests are chain quests so the first quest can have 1 star so it is tricky.
A parameter to use , that is a constant in almost every game, is fighting bosses and discovering secrets and events . People create videos "How to get to  x spot" , "How to find x Boss" ,"Wich quests to chose so you can have a different ending". There are gameplays but those are general and also in there if there is a fight with a boss the creator of the content considers that important and uses it as a title in his video, same with events.

I repeated some stuff but it was obvious from the first post that a constant in every game is fighting bosses and discovering secrets wich in Sacred 2 the two of them are bound to quests . 
Sacred 2 has over 600 quests wich consists of the main ones , class related and secondary quests wich have stars to indicate the importance/value(Same thing) of a quests and + the people that consider fighting bosses , discovering secrets/events, and having good gear , who look on the internet " how to fight that boss", "where can I find that boss" " where is x and where is y " = Importance in a way .
Also I saw a lot of questions about the important quests in Sacred 2 on this forum and other forums so people do not know how to mesure the value of a quest and do no have a parameter or if they have then is a subjective one. On the other hand an objective observation is that people who play games like this do look for info about bosses location ,techniques to beat them,gear to use + info about events , the requirements ... etc .
Bosses =A constant Importance in every game 
Events = A constant Importance in every game 
Like I said before those 2 are a constant and most of them can not be differentiated from normal quests because some of them are part of a chain quest that starts with one star and have nothing to differentiate it from normal chain quests.

If it is not an objective to complete all quests then the most of them are ignored but at the same time if the player knew that "?"  means there is a boss fight or an event the player will talk to that NPC. First will look because the color is different from the rest and when he finds again that question mark he knows that it is used as a constant for something and I am sure the players are more interested and value more fighting bosses and discovring secrets than doing normal quests. "In every story the hero goes in a journey to do all the things people want on the way and he does not care about fighting the Dragons (or other big bad monsters to create reputation/respect )and the treasures he can find(Or  participate in simple orgies/events ) :tongue::tease:"

The singular ones like the Griffin are easier to spot so you can fight the boss but is situated in an isolated area that has no relation with the main quests and the player in general follows the golden circle and if he passes by the area he can miss that quest if he does no have interest to take quests in that area but maybe he wants to fight a boss.

Long live wiki and about the Missing NPC do you have a solution to it or I have to forget about the Undead legion ?

• Respect! 1

This addendum can be said to be too sloppy. Melee characters can't play at all. The repair damage of monsters is too high, and the repair damage of boss is too high. It's too unbalanced. I want to ask the author if you have established a level 1 character to play through the game. There are many things in it that are unbalanced. The strange injury damage is high, and the blood return from the blood bottle is less. You can play a few. Several mutant fighters at the beginning will kill people at once, I want to ask the author what's the meaning of this strange play. Have you tested the spell blood sucking hit back reduction CD? 

This change is not as good as the previous versions. I don't know what you think. I don't play your game. It's too much to change.

Edited by gogoblender
I've edited your post, sorry for this, but as our rules state Please keep comments constructive, productive and encouraging. This is our way :)
On 1/10/2022 at 3:53 AM, cosminkz said:

Long live wiki ... 

heh, love this... made my morning... and a happy new year to you sir,

happy to see  Dmitriy's work appreciated

:hugs:

gogo

4 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

This change is not as good as the previous versions. I don't know what you think. I don't play your game. It's too much to change.

Oh well, one can't(and, perhaps, shouldn't) satisfy everyone. And, yes, there're was no thorough Beta-testing on my part, the bugs and the imbalance are expected to be fixed based on the community feedback.

As for the difficulty - you're neither expected to start from Silver, nor speed-run. No gear, no leveling - no progress. And, yes, potion drinking spree exploit doesn't work no more.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

There is optional component in Flix's Enhanced Edition mod called super spawns. I am sure You are familiar with the concept. Is it possible that there will be something similar for Addendum? I tried His spawn file for a while and it didn't spawned any Pandemonium enemies but damn was there many kobolds to crush ;) It would be fantastic addition to Addendum I think.

Also I wanted to ask if You remember by chance just how many skills and attribute points from quests are added per difficulty?

1 hour ago, Watchmaker said:

Is it possible that there will be something similar for Addendum? I tried His spawn file for a while and it didn't spawned any Pandemonium enemies but damn was there many kobolds to crush ;)

That would be a logical option once the current state of the Addendum combat mechanics is either widely accepted as is, or is adjusted due to a sizeable amount of well-founded(that is based on more logic, less emotion) feedback.

The current SuperSpawn does not contain the necessary entries, there was no functionality allowing to add extra spawns based on the game mode before.

1 hour ago, Watchmaker said:

Also I wanted to ask if You remember by chance just how many skills and attribute points from quests are added per difficulty?

Thanks to the text tools I now posssess, I don't have to) 

Attributes:  49 + 2*37 + 3*4 + 6 = 141 . That's both Light And Shadow, so rougly 70 per dificulty per alignment.
Skills: 66 + 2*29 + 3*5 + 6 = 145.  That's both Light And Shadow, so rougly 72 per dificulty per alignment.

Also, 9 Attribute Points and 9 Skill Points per Pandemonium quest completion. The quest is repeatable, but given the time it takes to kill all the 137 bosses and minibosses, I doubt there'll be any demigod characters in the foreseeable future. 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
14 minutes ago, contra said:

The Pandemonium quest is currently unfinishable, it will be interrupted by an unexpected CTD.

A Windows Application Event Log excerpt for the sacred2.exe CTD is required for any feasible analysis.

4 minutes ago, contra said:

what's mean with "Steam overlay on"? I don't quite understand what the word means.

Ok, then we can assume no external overlay(that thingie, allowing you to videorecord your game, or shows the FPS) is running. I still need the Windows App Log excerpt to make sure the address is the same.

This is easy to do because CTD situations occur frequently. I can get it by simply entering the game and playing for a while.

日志名称:          Application
来源:            Application Error
日期:            2022/1/12 19:43:46
事件 ID:         1000
任务类别:          (100)
级别:            错误
关键字:           经典
用户:            暂缺
计算机:           WAN-801
描述:
错误应用程序名称: sacred2.exe,版本: 2.65.2.0,时间戳: 0x4be45a9b
错误模块名称: granny2.dll,版本: 2.8.35.0,时间戳: 0x4bb526cd
异常代码: 0xc0000005
错误偏移量: 0x00010d1b
错误进程 ID: 0x1160
错误应用程序启动时间: 0x01d807a5fc15c236
错误应用程序路径: D:\ValveSoftware\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
错误模块路径: D:\ValveSoftware\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\granny2.dll
报告 ID: 8a915609-2e86-49bf-9b3d-225c50cc9004
错误程序包全名: 
错误程序包相对应用程序 ID: 
事件 Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-01-12T11:43:46.9348300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>19957</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4184" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>WAN-801</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>sacred2.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.65.2.0</Data>
    <Data>4be45a9b</Data>
    <Data>granny2.dll</Data>
    <Data>2.8.35.0</Data>
    <Data>4bb526cd</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00010d1b</Data>
    <Data>1160</Data>
    <Data>01d807a5fc15c236</Data>
    <Data>D:\ValveSoftware\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe</Data>
    <Data>D:\ValveSoftware\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\granny2.dll</Data>
    <Data>8a915609-2e86-49bf-9b3d-225c50cc9004</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

There is also a situation that will cause the game process to be interrupted, but I am not very good at describing it in English, I try to restore the process.

During the battle with the enemy, there is a probability that the current character will be frozen when struck by the enemy, unable to turn the direction, and can no longer use any combat arts. You can get off your mount, but you can't mount after you get off. In my observation, this doesn't happen when using standalone combat arts. Only use more than or equal 2 standalone combat arts combined to combos (for example: Highelf's Scorching Wave + Flame Shank), will there be a chance to trigger.

If I remember correctly, this problem also exists in CM1.60.

Edited by contra
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured