Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

Working on the new Inquisitor "cloth" shoulders that are now part of every set it seems...

Itemtypes 10734, 10735, 10736, have an extra surface1 entry that should be removed and transplanted to itemtypes 10758, 10759, 10760,

Without this change, the Inquisitor's cloth shoulders are using the magic shoulder textures, and the magic shoulders are all using the default cloth texture.

Itemtype 10688 duplicates the cloth shoulder textures from 10687. The surface1 entry ought to end with "in-random-cloth-shoulders-var3_n" instead of var2.

Unrelated:

There are three entries in surface.txt that refer to texture3Name = "fx/lava.tga",

I believe these should be pointing to "fx/lava_fx.tga", instead.

• Thanks! 1
18 hours ago, Flix said:

new Inquisitor "cloth" shoulders that are now part of every set it seems...

That's correct. The practical part is the shoulder distortion solution. The aesthetic part is that there's no more weird floating shoulder armor.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:30 PM, dimitrius154 said:

That's correct. The practical part is the shoulder distortion solution. The aesthetic part is that there's no more weird floating shoulder armor.

Yeah I've grown accustomed to it in a short period of time, much like the animations.  The scourge shoulders still hover a fair amount though.

684ilHp.jpg

I guess that shoulder armor built into the base model is performing the same function?  I ended up recoloring it to a black with blue highlights so it doesn't clash too much with other sets.

JsJaJV9.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The next(hopefully, final) iteration of the Addendum is available. The head post description and links have been updated.

@gogoblenderSomehow, I still can't upload files to DarkMatters.

Hi Dmitriy!

im sorry about this happening ☹️ ... I,ve sent you a pm, me and Schot can trouble shoot from there

:dance:

gogo

@dimitrius154 , this news makes me happy :) Thank you very much!

Do you have to start a new game for this patch? I reinstalled the game with a new patch, the old save starts, but the game crashes when I try to teleport somewhere.

Also, the game crashes if you change the slider "Effects volume level" in the settings

Edited by Lorane

@LoraneIn Sacred 2, It's preferable to start a new game with almost anything concerning the game's scripts. While deceptively small, each character file contains its almost entire progression and can react in an unpredictable manner. That being mentioned, I detect none of the errors you encounter. Would you, please, send me the character save file and post the latest sacred2.exe error log entry from Windows Logs -> Application?

This problem is also reappearance in 3.2a Addendum Extra on my side.

In the game's Option menu, if the Sound-Sound Detail-Sound Effects slider is selected, the game crashes. At this time, no game characters have been created and loaded, so it should have nothing to do with game_saves.

The teleport somewhere. described above may be ambiguous, this is not using a skills/spells, it refers to jumping to any Potal after opening the world map.

The Game Crashes make operating system freezing, You Can't use ALT-TAB to Switching Windows, You can't do anything, Shutdown and Restart machine is the only option.

Only one Eventlog

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" Guid="{a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}" /> 
  <EventID>1000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-05-14T01:49:24.8034876Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>40840</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="608" ThreadID="15244" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>WAN-801</Computer> 
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3091947377-1900952242-392406045-500" /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="AppName">sacred2.exe</Data> 
  <Data Name="AppVersion">2.65.2.0</Data> 
  <Data Name="AppTimeStamp">4be45a9b</Data> 
  <Data Name="ModuleName">sacred2.exe</Data> 
  <Data Name="ModuleVersion">2.65.2.0</Data> 
  <Data Name="ModuleTimeStamp">4be45a9b</Data> 
  <Data Name="ExceptionCode">c0000005</Data> 
  <Data Name="FaultingOffset">00074ce6</Data> 
  <Data Name="ProcessId">0x6244</Data> 
  <Data Name="ProcessCreationTime">0x1d986063ac20e2e</Data> 
  <Data Name="AppPath">D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe</Data> 
  <Data Name="ModulePath">D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe</Data> 
  <Data Name="IntegratorReportId">3d8154dd-12d0-4577-abdb-6e3820a94ee0</Data> 
  <Data Name="PackageFullName" /> 
  <Data Name="PackageRelativeAppId" /> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

15 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

@contra That's correct. I think, I've found the issue, if you don't use the "Extra" content, there should be no crashes.

Yeah. I Switched to the Non-Extra Version and it looks like everything works fine at the moment.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured

This may be the reason for the crashes. However, this was not the case in the previous update. Added it to exceptions - didn't help. Probably have to extract the patch again and replace the files...

1489969514_.png.2cbc782a75a16f571fa62c8b58e014df.png

1 hour ago, Lorane said:

Can we hope to fix these crashes?

It will be done. Technically, it's just that the entire segment of pointers had not been saved correctly and I have to restore it.

• Appreciation 1