Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

The fixed patch did not solve the problem, but simply replacing it with the non-extra main program sacred2.exe allowed you to enter the game and settings normally. But I didn't have a game flow to unfold, and I didn't know what the consequences would be.

Thank you! :) Crashes have stopped. But, unfortunately, all the main problems remained: Miasma cannot be killed, there is no dragon, there are no yellow items from merchants in the last region passed... :( 

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, AstralLord said:

Are Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor supposed to have this T-energy blue effect all over their body?

No, it most likely means, that some texture files are missing.

@FlixLooks like any minions spawned by the "cSpellFogUndead" spellclass must have has_corpse = 1, otherwise the "et_sacrifice_health_rel" token does not work. 

@Lorane Now that I know the reason for the Miasma trouble, I require a character file saved near one of the problematic merchants.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Looks like any minions spawned by the "cSpellFogUndead" spellclass must have has_corpse = 1, otherwise the "et_sacrifice_health_rel" token does not work. 

Yes indeed.  "Fogspawn_skeleton_lich" should retain that flag - looks like it was removed in Addendum at some point.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Using identical "area_id" values for quests has turned out to be a bad idea, especially for type 1 quests.

That doesn't sound like something I would do.  I remember creating new ones for the new D2F quests.  Is this a widespread problem?

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Is this a widespread problem?

Nope, it's just that it's been discovered to actually be a problem in practice. Those ID's are not present within global.res and have been considered mere placeholders, for a time. Well, they actually play a global role in quest state execution.

@dimitrius154Hi! Thank you so much for fixing the bosses, now everything is ok, I'm happy :)

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

One your Character Level, or Bargaining Skill improve, the rares become available

Shouldn't this work the same for all territories? The higher my level and skill, the better items all merchants have. Right now, yellow items instantly appear in the penultimate territory visited (as soon as I reach the next territory) and are absent in the last one. This behavior began in the swamp area.

16 minutes ago, Lorane said:

Right now, yellow items instantly appear in the penultimate territory visited (as soon as I reach the next territory) and are absent in the last one. This behavior began in the swamp area.

I think, the catch may be, that trader levels are not static throughout the game world. And you just happen to stumble upon this fine thin red line, since you try to keep the Bargaining at an optimal low level.

That is, it cannot be fixed, you can only increase the trading skill so that it is equal to or higher than the level of the character, do I understand correctly?

13 hours ago, Lorane said:

only increase the trading skill so that it is equal to or higher than the level of the character, do I understand correctly?

It's been the case, since Sacred 1. In fact, the better item chance diminishing return progression, I've devised, is kind of less punishing, than the original one. 

• Thanks! 1

It turns out the skill of the trade is meaningless. The benefit it can bring is negligible compared to what can be gained by investing points in other skills.

What about a skill that gives you the chance to get a rare item? Doesn't that make much sense either? Has anyone tested it?