Clickable Corpse

I found something interesting in a cave in the human realm. Immediately went to "DarkMatters" hoping for information about it but found no answers. I am guessing I am the first one that found it.

Here are some specifics about my game: I have a steam bought version "Gold Edition" with only "Purist Fixpack 1.4" installed.

So.. about the "corpse". It is clickable only one time. I saw that it is glowing like all clickable objects, went there, clicked it and then I couldn't click it again and it stopped glowing. I have no new quests received so I am wondering what is its purpose.

If anyone has answers, please share. Or if there's someone with the power to find out what the heck that corpse's purpose is please do so! (I know there are people with such abilities in this group.)       ;)

Photos for more information:

Map Photo:

MAP PHOTO-min.png

Corpse Photo:

CORPSE PHOTO-min.png

Mini-map Photo:

MINIMAP PHOTO-min.png

Edited by AnXiousZz
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, AnXiousZz said:

I found something interesting in a cave in the human realm. Immediately went to "DarkMatters" hoping for information about it but found no answers. I am guessing I am the first one that found it.

Here are some specifics about my game: I have a steam bought version "Gold Edition" with only "Purist Fixpack 1.4" installed.

So.. about the "corpse". It is clickable only one time. I saw that it is glowing like all clickable objects, went there, clicked it and then I couldn't click it again and it stopped glowing. I have no new quests received so I am wondering what is its purpose.

If anyone has answers, please share. Or if there's someone with the power to find out what the heck that corpse's purpose is please do so! (I know there are people with such abilities in this group.)       ;)

Photos for more information:

Map Photo:

MAP PHOTO-min.png

Corpse Photo:

CORPSE PHOTO-min.png

Mini-map Photo:

MINIMAP PHOTO-min.png

Nice meeting up again :)

A good mystery, perhaps someone will have some ideas or clues as to this poor corpse

No sense in leaving him there all alone and lost...

purposeless is perdition

:diablo: 

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 5/18/2023 at 1:05 AM, Flix said:

Every itemtype has a "subfamily" that dictates, among many other things, whether the player can click on it to interact with it.

For example, you might have noticed dogs and cats in towns, but you cannot click on them.  This is due to them having the subfamily "SUBFAM_LIFE_ANIMAL_ATMO".

Most corpses have "SUBFAM_INTERN_STATIC" which means they're basically just part of the environment.

Some, however, will have need to be interacted with for quest purposes.  So they are given a different subfamily like "SUBFAM_LIFE_ORC".  That corpse is one such example.

You might ask, "so what quest is it part of?" but the thing is it's not, at least not that particular one. Instead there's probably some other quest where you click on a dead Orc, and the devs just reused the itemtype  as "decoration."

Meh.. I was expecting something cooler ;dd

Thanks for your answer tho!

• Like! 1