Van Helsing Final Cut

I quickly fell in love with Neocore's wonderful Van Helsing games after playing them.  This game absolutely oozes charm and atmosphere. 

Van Helsing Final Cut should have been the definitive edition of the series, the only thing a player would need to get the full experience. Instead, the game was more of a Frankenstein's monster, with badly-stitched seams and lots of body parts left on the cutting room floor. The "Van Helsing Enhanced" mod did a fantastic job getting skills, loot, and monsters into shape. I intend to pick up where that mod left off, respecting all the balance changes while working mainly on other areas of the game.

This is what I've been up to for the past two months - crafting a new mod for Van Helsing Final Cut, Prometheus. You can check it out here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/theincredibleadventuresofvanhelsingfinalcut/mods/2

Project Prometheus was originally meant to be a simple text correction mod, but it has expanded in scope to restore cut content and address the lingering bugs and balance issues of Final Cut. The goal is to make the game as polished, rewarding, and "complete" as it can possibly be. Prometheus is meant to be friendly to both first-time players and grizzled veterans alike.

• Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, Flix said:

I quickly fell in love with Neocore's wonderful Van Helsing games after playing them.  This game absolutely oozes charm and atmosphere. 

Van Helsing Final Cut should have been the definitive edition of the series, the only thing a player would need to get the full experience. Instead, the game was more of a Frankenstein's monster, with badly-stitched seams and lots of body parts left on the cutting room floor. The "Van Helsing Enhanced" mod did a fantastic job getting skills, loot, and monsters into shape. I intend to pick up where that mod left off, respecting all the balance changes while working mainly on other areas of the game.

This is what I've been up to for the past two months - crafting a new mod for Van Helsing Final Cut, Prometheus. You can check it out here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/theincredibleadventuresofvanhelsingfinalcut/mods/2

Project Prometheus was originally meant to be a simple text correction mod, but it has expanded in scope to restore cut content and address the lingering bugs and balance issues of Final Cut. The goal is to make the game as polished, rewarding, and "complete" as it can possibly be. Prometheus is meant to be friendly to both first-time players and grizzled veterans alike.

Flix, i'm glad you shared it here. I saw your mention of it in another topic regarding all the time you were pouring into this, and after I saw a few of the trailers I could see the big draw... in fact I feel like the way the world moves and monsters mesh into combat has a lot of the feel of Sacred 2's engine! The narrative is great and the mechanics of having a ghost woman that you can set up as melee or ranged is fantastic! 

Of course it all started as a simple text correction and has blown into a full restoration...nothing resists your magical ministrations!

:viking:

gogo

• Like! 1
6 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Flix, i'm glad you shared it here. I saw your mention of it in another topic regarding all the time you were pouring into this, and after I saw a few of the trailers I could see the big draw... in fact I feel like the way the world moves and monsters mesh into combat has a lot of the feel of Sacred 2's engine! The narrative is great and the mechanics of having a ghost woman that you can set up as melee or ranged is fantastic! 

Of course it all started as a simple text correction and has blown into a full restoration...nothing resists your magical ministrations!

:viking:

gogo

Flix, do you want another mirror for VanHelsing? You could probably upload it here as another part of your collected works over the last decade

:thumbsup:

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

in fact I feel like the way the world moves and monsters mesh into combat has a lot of the feel of Sacred 2's engine!

Truly, more than any other game I've played, I think Van Helsing has that same "feel" of Sacred.  A very unique and charming world with a quirky sense of humor, lots of secrets and hidden content that make the map worth exploring. That mix of fantasy and "weird" technology. Not to mention a comparably complex character system.  It's even got Star Wars easter eggs.  :D

29 minutes ago, Flix said:

It's even got Star Wars easter eggs.  :D

Including one in the trailer you linked!

I have to say the trailer does give me Sacredesque vibes. If only I actually had time to play anything around work and parent life...

• Like! 1
20 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Is it me or is there waay more particle effects and explosions in Van Helsing...does this mean it needs more power to run than Sacred 2?

The graphics are much better optimized than Sacred 2.  I've had no issues running it maxed out, but you can adjust all the graphics settings to improve performance.

• Like! 1
  • 5 months later...
On 11/15/2023 at 7:09 PM, Flix said:

The newest release of Prometheus, my mod for Van Helsing Final Cut, is now available!

A slew of bugfixes comes alongside new and restored endgame content for Adventure mode. New maps, bosses, and improved Set and Godlike items!

2-1699930887-1895474678.jpeg  

2-1699930870-1002997948.jpeg

2-1699930885-1953103592.jpeg

Gratz Flix

Love the color palette of this game.  When I see it in action vids it looks so like Sacred's *feel" 

:)

gogo