Is there a way to hide equipped helmets in Sacred 2 ?

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to 'hide' the equipped helmet, so that the normal head (hair included) remains visible?

I tried swapping the model data in the itemtype.txt, but (as far as I have understood it) that only allows changing the helmet appearance, not hiding it completely. I would gladly skip the texture-change to invisible textures, if possible.

I am thankful for any hints or other ideas.

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Khorath said:

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to 'hide' the equipped helmet, so that the normal head (hair included) remains visible?

I tried swapping the model data in the itemtype.txt, but (as far as I have understood it) that only allows changing the helmet appearance, not hiding it completely. I would gladly skip the texture-change to invisible textures, if possible.

I am thankful for any hints or other ideas.

Hi Khorath, im not really a modder, BUT...i do love a good investigation to see what ideas are out there in Ancaria for our merry band of adventurers!  :cow:

Have you tried modding the itemtype.txt  file to achieve a effect? As well, try swapping the model data for helmets with a blank or invisible model ( I know you posted you were against this buuuuuut.. this could be the most effective solution, and it may not work consistently for all helmet types :eek:

And what about using helmets that show most of the face when equipped ...could this suit your esthetic ?

This is from SacredWiki:

Sacred 2:Revelation of the Seraphim

https://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Revelation_of_the_Seraphim

image.png

What i REALLY think you're looking for, could be a member named Vishanka?

... her models are full face reveal, make up, the works... she has a topic here, in her own mod corner... if you post nicely she may appear and grant you an audience for her secrets

:D

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to Is there a way to hide equipped helmets in Sacred 2 ?

Hi Gogo,

thanks a lot for your suggestions. Sadly I'm a rather inexperienced modder. Swapping one model for another (aesthetically more pleasing) one is easy to do and works great. I'have done that several times. The dryads helmets are giving me a bit of trouble though ... because all of the existing helmets for the dryad-model are covering either the face or the hair. Something I'd like to change. But swapping a helmet from the model of another character to the dryad seems to require some knowledge, I don't have (yet).

I will do as you suggested and try to ask for an audience with Vishanka. I have seen her works... the face-retextures and the grass-recoloring is beautiful... :wub: Maybe I get lucky and she is willing to help me.

Khorath

• Appreciation 1
On 6/5/2024 at 10:47 AM, Khorath said:

Hi Gogo,

thanks a lot for your suggestions. Sadly I'm a rather inexperienced modder. Swapping one model for another (aesthetically more pleasing) one is easy to do and works great. I'have done that several times. The dryads helmets are giving me a bit of trouble though ... because all of the existing helmets for the dryad-model are covering either the face or the hair. Something I'd like to change. But swapping a helmet from the model of another character to the dryad seems to require some knowledge, I don't have (yet).

I will do as you suggested and try to ask for an audience with Vishanka. I have seen her works... the face-retextures and the grass-recoloring is beautiful... :wub: Maybe I get lucky and she is willing to help me.

Khorath

ahhhh, the audience with Vishanka.. word is in that the last few hundred years she has developed an INSATIBLE hunger for fresh fruit,.. make sure you pack is replete with the freshest of figs, and the most fragrant of apples!

And so... your quest begins... be brave, valiant and never give up courage...here then is the GateWay to.....

The Realm of Vishanka!

Sacred 2, The Ancaria Beautification Project

:)

gogo

I don't think you can hide it if you don't want to edit the textures/surface.txt.

I've done this and changed all full helmets so that they allow for the hair to show

ZX7q7P4.jpg

Edited by Vishanka
  • Thanks! 1
On 6/15/2024 at 3:30 AM, Vishanka said:

I don't think you can hide it if you don't want to edit the textures/surface.txt.

I've done this and changed all full helmets so that they allow for the hair to show

ZX7q7P4.jpg

Thanks for helping out with the topic Vishanka! 

A boon from one of the best Graphics Artists in this game

:cool:

gogo