Unofficial Sacred Patch

after seeing this, I started wondering how it could be possible to play on closed servers with the patch installed. because wouldnt the altered game files be detected or cause some sort of desynchronisation with the servers or other players?

Good and important question!

It is possible because just the sacred.exe was been altered no data files. So there are no changes on the content of the game. The 2.29 patch is 100% compatible to the 2.28 patch. This meens you can connect to a 2.28 server (closed) without problems and you can play with other people using the 2.28 patch without any desyncronisation. It is also 100% compatible to 2.28 savegames.

There is no detection for altered executables, just for data files. If you alter data files and try to join a 2.28 server (closed) you can not connect and a message pops up saying: "Incompatible Data".

Just one question about the patch.. is there working account selector for this version as my old one is only 2.28 supported or could it be that it won't work because sacred is allready running? it would make alone muling lot faster if there is some type of account selector

Hm I don't know.

Cel'Athor was the developer of the account selector and I think Mopp had ported it to .NET so bedder ask him.

Try to start a thread (in german: "Neues Thema") with your question here: http://www.apeboys.com/~sacredvault/viewforum.php?f=10

But after the SacredVault team wend inaktiv, I don't know how often he visits the website. Or try to write him a PM, in german: "persönliche Nachricht (PN). You can post in english there, no problem.

You can also use batch files instead of the Account Selector.

Edited by Thorium
Hm I don't know.

Cel'Athor was the developer of the account selector and I think Mopp had ported it to .NET so bedder ask him.

Try to start a thread (in german: "Neues Thema") with your question here: http://www.apeboys.com/~sacredvault/viewforum.php?f=10

But after the SacredVault team wend inaktiv, I don't know how often he visits the website. Or try to write him a PM, in german: "persönliche Nachricht (PN). You can post in english there, no problem.

all I can say is, it does work fine with the old(er) version of the AccountSelector , but it's in german.

I prefer the old one because I don't like .NET (and despites this it doesnt work for me either)

there's the newer .NET one on sacredvault (I don't know, think also only german):

http://www.apeboys.com/~sacredvault/dload....&file_id=1#

I'll try to find the older version I am still using and re-up it somewhere once I found it. (couldn't find it on the SV HP)

€: http://www.2shared.com/file/3015087/4603e3...ntSelector.html

there once was an english version of an Account Selector, but can't find it anywhere atm and also don't remember it's name (maybe it was a different tool anyway)

Greetings RL

Edited by Rotluchs
Hm I don't know.

all I can say is, it does work fine with the old(er) version of the AccountSelector , but it's in german.

I prefer the old one because I don't like .NET (and despites this it doesnt work for me either)

there's the newer .NET one on sacredvault (I don't know, think also only german):

http://www.apeboys.com/~sacredvault/dload....&file_id=1#

I'll try to find the older version I am still using and re-up it somewhere once I found it. (couldn't find it on the SV HP)

€: http://www.2shared.com/file/3015087/4603e3...ntSelector.html

there once was an english version of an Account Selector, but can't find it anywhere atm and also don't remember it's name (maybe it was a different tool anyway)

Greetings RL

Downloaded both and noticed that first one is the same I am using atm. I think the problem whit this one is that it's starting sacred from sacred.exe not from sacred_229.exe and that's why I get that error sacred is allready running when trying to launch the game two times.

And the second one I had before in english (advanced account selector tool or something like that), but from some reason it stopped working when tried to use it after re-install of windows. This german version crashes before I can use it. Too bad this would have been faster way to chance accounts than two different Settings.cfg files, but oh well.. that does the trick fast enought. Still, thanks for your time.

I think the problem whit this one is that it's starting sacred from sacred.exe not from sacred_229.exe and that's why I get that error sacred is allready running when trying to launch the game two times.

Ah ok. Just rename your sacred.exe to sacred_old.exe or something else and rename the sacred_229.exe to sacred.exe.

Downloaded both and noticed that first one is the same I am using atm. I think the problem whit this one is that it's starting sacred from sacred.exe not from sacred_229.exe and that's why I get that error sacred is allready running when trying to launch the game two times.

And the second one I had before in english (advanced account selector tool or something like that), but from some reason it stopped working when tried to use it after re-install of windows. This german version crashes before I can use it. Too bad this would have been faster way to chance accounts than two different Settings.cfg files, but oh well.. that does the trick fast enought. Still, thanks for your time.

the 2nd older one in german.. (Account Selector)

is there a specific error-msg when it crashes?

from what I can remember it can crash for example, when you havent created an account and launched sacred at least once in the first place (without the selector)

then you have to type in the keys for one acc manually and start in closed for example;

and after that and the updated changed settings.cfg file , you can normally use the Account Selector again.

or maybe, somehow your accounts.cfg file is broken somehow (try to open and manually edit it maybe?)... it should be located in your sacred root folder as well

could be that the accounts.cfg files interfer with some of all the other Selector-Versions you have tried by now..

maybe if you have reinstalled sacred sometime in the past, to a different place, some registry-entries changed and the Selector can't find it

(but atm I dont know if the selector looks up the registry for the install location or if it just has to be in the same root folder as sacred has been installed to)

Sry, atm I dont know anything else what might be going wrong..

edit:

I just found a version of the (.net ?) SVAccountManager somewhere on my HD.

its the one you can also use with sacred plus, and you can change the location where to look up for the settings.cfg.

what I can't find at all atm, is a way to run sacred directly from it.

I am only able to switch the accounts and save it back to the settings.cfg

Edited by Rotluchs
I think the problem whit this one is that it's starting sacred from sacred.exe not from sacred_229.exe and that's why I get that error sacred is allready running when trying to launch the game two times.

Ah ok. Just rename your sacred.exe to sacred_old.exe or something else and rename the sacred_229.exe to sacred.exe.

Heh, why didn't I think of that :D works great now.

@Rotluchs, it says "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135) click on ok to terminate the application" but no worries, that other one works now great.

Edited by Obsession
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, I am still waiting for feedback. Does the patch work as it should?

I asume from the posts that it does but I want to know for sure.

Hi to all,

Hi Mopp,

good to see you here. :D

Hm, I am still waiting for feedback. Does the patch work as it should?

I asume from the posts that it does but I want to know for sure.

Hi to all,

Hi Mopp,

good to see you here. :D

Patch works great.. only had one crash while using it. And sometimes have diffultys to run two games (says something direct x errors if I remember right) but it's fixed just by exiting game and restarting

I want to show you all a little screenshot of the very first alpha of the 2.30. :D

You can see 2 things on that screenshot:

1.: You see the sacred window have a boarder and is movable. That was harder to do as I initialy thought. The graphics programmer just don't get the concept of DD7 on windowed mode and made some mistakes. So I had to install a window hook and adjust the rectangles for drawing on every move. Works now but needs some polishing. In the final version the window will even be resizable. The drawing in the window will resize too, of course.

Big thanks to maluc, he helped me on that feature.

2.: First steps of implementing a feature well known from Diablo 2. The playersx command that simulates multiple players on a singleplayer game in order to make the game harder.

The console window will not be in the final version, it's just for development purposes. But you can see on it how fare I am with the playersx feature. Not working yet but able to get the ingame console input and check the gamemode. I have censored 2 memory addresses that are usefull if you want to do some naughty stuff. So I will not support people on doing naughty stuff, you must search the addresses on you own. :)

http://www.gametreasure.de/bilder/sacred230screen1.jpg

Edited by Thorium

Hmm well I have to say Thank You.

I have the patch...it works (more-less). I have some problems though.

If I start sacred 1 time it is ok. If I log in with 1 account it still works, but if I am in a server, then I cant start sacred 2nd time, bcos says th directx problem. (InitAppOerror Initializing Directx ;) or like this.) I can start sacred 2nd time only if I am not n a server yet.

If I do that and 2 sacreds are opened, it works. I log in to 1 account name and go in a server, then the 2nd sacred wont answer. Cant even open it anymore. Ohh pls help me :(

Tomi you have 1 very big problem, you only have 128 mb's of ram, that is not enough to keep sacred running twice, I think there in lies your problem.

I have been running it for 2 days now and besides the occasional crash ( but I have had those all the time ) I usually get online no problems, every once in a while I get a DX error so I reboot and all is well again, I guess there is still some memory leakage or memory left over when u quit the game which disabled the possibility to restart the game. but usually a reboot fixes everything.

side note . I do not use the account manager instead I have 2 copies installed on seperate harddrives and I simply start with seperate buttons :(

First off this patch is unbeliavable - I have become dependant on being independant! Thank you very much for this - it has made it unbeliavably easy to do so many things now and I never imagined being able to have 2 accounts running at the same time on one PC.

But due to something that happened yesterday I decided to post my experience so far with the 2.29 patch.

A little bit of system information:

Machine name: LAPTOP

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.50GHz

Memory: 496MB RAM

Card name: Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

Chip type: Intel® 82852/55 Graphics Controller

Some of the things which I have noticed:

1) The number one slot is taken by the account "KerLynx" and the second one by "Kiisu" and when I get both accounts online - tab number one on my start bar is KerLynx and tab number two is Kiisu. So most of the time - if I have logged in as Kiisu (second tab) - I can't get the other account to work and get either a DirectX error or a Microsoft error. So if I want to get both accounts online and working for a long time I need to log in first as KerLynx and then as Kiisu.

When I start getting errors when I'm logged in as KerLynx and want my second account running too - the easiest way to fix it is to simply reboot my computer.

2) This problem however is very very likely related to my Graphics Card (but if anyone else has a not-too-good graphics card and wants to use patch 2.29 I'll post this just in case to let you know what might happen).

Sometimes my characters are invisible, sometimes they look mutilated and so on. When I however leave my Wood Elf with the full Meg'An Enid's collection (the one that causes snow to fall around you) on Haven for example, then this is what happens (and so far it's the worst I've had):

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/Ke.../shot0000-1.jpg

Then I simply Alt+F4 that account and get it back online and all is well again ^___~

Now to the real reason for posting here:

Yesterday I planned to get both my accounts online at the same time, but since the last account which I used was Kiisu - then before logging into the game I opened the Account Manager to swap it back to KerLynx.

And while usually I select the account I want, click "Save", close that window and then "Save" again in the main window (and then close it) - this time I simply clicked Save once and pressed x on the main one (and it asked me if I want to Save the changes or not) and as soon as I clicked "Yes" I got a DirectX error, which has never happened before.

When I finally went ingame then the first thing that happened is that the main loading window was completly black and all I could see was the red bar (couldn't take a screenshot though).

When I then tried logging on with KerLynx it told me that it's an "Unknown Account. Please enter data by clicking on "New Account", and when I did that it told me that the CD-keys are both already in use. I tried deleting all fields and freshly re-entering my account details and CD-Keys, but it didn't work. Same thing happened with my second account.

I deleted all fields in the Account Manager as well (thinking maybe it had mixed them up), but it didn't solve anything after I re-entered them. Turning off my computer and turning it back on after about 5 minutes didn't do anything either.

I was becoming more and more frustrated that it kept telling me BOTH accounts don't exist. So I decided to delete and uninstall everything from Sacred to the patches to deleting even my saved games and the entire Ascaron Entertainment folder along with it.

I re-installed Sacred and pathced it to 2.28 and right now both accounts are running again and all characters are there. I will re-install 2.29 as soon as I am done with this post, because I can't imagine not having it ^___^ It's an amazing thing, but I don't feel like going through something like this again... so hopefully this won't happen again.

What might have caused this?

The account manager mixing up accounts/data?

P.S. Just to add. When I first got the patch I renamed Sacred to Sacred_old and Sacred_229 to Sacred and so far everything had been working well. I also have WIFI, so my connection is also very fast and stable.

wow O_o thx for posting that kery, I have also experienced some stupid thing. when I start the sacred_2.29.exe I get an error message and I need to start it a couple times before it works, I got the error 9 times once before it workd but its often just 2-4 times

strange :P

Ok, I think most of this is related to hardware.

I never had this problems on my maschine.

ATI graphic cards don't work correct on multiple sacred instances. I will try to change this a bit in v2.30.

No known problems with nVidia graphic cards.

And I give you hardware requirement infos now.

You should have this if you want to run Sacred multiple times:

• 1GB RAM
  • graphics card with 128MB RAM (nVidia recommend)
  • CPU does'nt matters much, but 2Ghz would be fine.
  • Windows XP (Win2000/Vista should work, but no Win98/ME)

Edited by Thorium

Great feedback here guys. :3lmao:

I've not yet had the chance to try this out myself but now that I have a second hard drive set up I may install sacred UW on it and try this patch out. Should I wait though before doing that since I have an ATI X800?

Should I wait though before doing that since I have an ATI X800?

Same question here :3lmao:

stubbs

Just try it.

Nothing will be damaged. No reinstallation needed, you can just use the old sacred.exe to play unmodiefied sacred.

The thing with the allready logged in account is a delay in updating the account information on the lobbyserver. This is not releated to the patch, this can happen every time you crash out of the net. If that happens just wait a little time. Mostly it takes just a couple of minutes.

Just try it.

Nothing will be damaged. No reinstallation needed, you can just use the old sacred.exe to play unmodiefied sacred.

Due to the rather fragile state of my pc atm, I think I will leave it up to Schot to do the X800 testing :thumbsup:

stubbs

• 5 years later...

Extremely old but whatever lol, just now came across this...does not work, I run the batch file and I get an error

"Please wait, Patching...Error: Old file have a different MD5!"

then nothing....

this is the steam version of sacred gold but I don't think that matters, I do have retail but my disks are in storage, I did install veteran mod last night though.

EDIT: found my disks and installed, works fine for the most part, just doesn't wanna open half the time and I have yet to get into a lan with myself, once both are loaded, I lose connection on the one hosted, and the other cannot see the server cause it crashed....took vet mod out for steam version, still errors. going to test out more stuff to see if I can get both versions to work.

Edited by Heinrich1337
  • Like! 1

Actually.. it likely does.

First off, the versions they're talkin' about are positively ANCIENT! The latest and greatest Fallen Angel is 2.43. And with any luck those fixes found in this patch would likely been implemented in the official version. So yeah.. it will have a different MD5 hash.

Secondly, if you've got the full Steam version installed you're already up to at least 2.64 or 2.65...

What I can't figure out is why you would try installing this old, outdated and obsolete patch?

• Like! 1

uhm.... hello there

:)

I may be completely wrong here, but from what I understand this patch actually is for Sacred 1 UW

best regards

PI is exactly 3!

you are correct, this is for sacred 1, already got the community patch for sacred 2 lol :P, and yes after a bit more testing I have been unable to get multiple clients to join each other, it just says lost connection or some crap so I gave up after awhile and just ended up joining one of those empty dedicated servers ( I use Tunngle to play, idk if there is anything better and more active for s1 and Sacred 2 )