Sacred Damage/Regen Tables

I'm working on some charts that will show the relationship between Combat Arts/spells and attribs/skills/item mods etc in reference to damage/regen. I thought this would be a straightforward endeavor but finding out very quickly that things are not as they appear.

for instance, did you know:

for DE's:

Ment Regen increases Trap damage?

That Blacksmith 'Spell Damage' works better than "Increases All Damage" for Traps?

Spell Dmg +xx% mod increases Trap damage?

for Dwarves

There are 5 techs that don't increase level when using '+ to all Combat Arts' or '+ to all Magic Spells' ?

These are just a few of the oddities I've already discovered. Sure there will be several more when I'm done. I have the De chart ready, just need to upload and link to Wiki. Hopefully have up this weekend.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knuckles, that table sounds awesome! I had fun doing the monster tables, unfortunately when I brought them over to the wiki, they only ended up there as "flat" images

:)

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Monster_Resistance_Tables

th_monstertables.jpg

They have no interaction with other links in the wiki, all the names etc were not able to be linked because I just brought it over as an image, but never really got to re-coding it as a true table.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to get them to work properly like the Skill table here:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Skills

th_skilltable.jpg

As you can see from the skills table every variable in the table is alive...yay!

I'm hoping that Schot or someone else one day will be able to help me out with recoding them..thereby making all the names in the monster tables all "live" links that would give instant access to all of the data in the tables.

Here's to success with yours, looking forward to it and I've enjoyed reading about the relationships between all the variables. Tables are soo good at this, and sometimes we get the best surprises!

gogo

And very amazing discoveries they are Knuckles, haha. It is indeed far more complicated than it was at first be thought. Wow..

I can grab Microsoft Office from work and import and save this file as an excel sheet. Is there any code where I can import that sheet to the wiki and recode so clicking on certain items will work as links?

For instance clicking on 'Poison Mist' on excel sheet will bring you to that Combat Arts description page?

Oh boy. Ok I just got done installing OO. The option with regards to creating an actual table from OO would be to "Save as: HTML" If you do that then you can find the file you just saved and double click on it. Double clicking on the file will open it up as a web page in your browser displaying all nice and tidy as you've made it.

There is a big problem with this and it is something we experienced in the past with google docs and gogo's monster tables. The code that these apps output in terms of html is insanely bloated. This is by and large because these apps do not make use of CSS. The output html file from both apps is completely unworkable as is. Embedding that amount of code for a table is just too much to maintain and keep track of.

The table template I have made is CSS driven which makes the template easy to work with and allows for links inside table cells however colours may not change on it. At least I don't think so for the time being. I'm gong to look into how flexible the template table I've created is.

The big thing here is that we're hitting up against something we have yet to tackle. That is a standardized use of tables on the wiki. We have a couple tables up as it is. Some as images like gogo's monster tables, some with no styling at all, the skills table, and then the tables using my template. The template I created was made so that it could become a standard tool to be used for people wanting to submit tabled data but who do not have the experience to code the tables themselves. The purpose not only being for a uniform style wiki wide but also to empower non coders. All that to say is that I think it might be that time to decide on a standard for a table style. The table I have set up presently is not yet entered as a "wiki template" but can easily be done to make it even easier for those not familiar with html to use it. By "wiki template" I am talking about a function within the wiki that enables me to enter my html tables in such a way that would make the use of it for others much much easier. Best example of the table style would be Indy's entry Experience needed per level Granted, none of the text there is a link but doing so would be easy should there be need.

Well I'm almost there. Just some resizing of chart (which Schot has already unknowingly agreed to help fix ) So big ty to Schot lol

Kind of hard to read but hopefully you can see enough to get an idea of what's there

DE dmg/regen chart

What huh?! :o Awh crap there was fine print in that contract? :gun2:

Great stuff Knuckles! But more importantly... Is my laundry done yet? :)

Hoping a Seraphim expert can come in and explain Hunter-Seeker damage for me.

With no weapon equipped I have no base dmg when selecting HS (no phys/fire etc)

I see no damage modifiers for CA itself

But when I equip a weapon the CA damage is higher than my total weapon damage.

I don't understand how it's higher when I see no CA dmg mods. It seems I have to have a weapon equipped for CA to function properly and that makes sense since the CA throws a weapon and hard to throw her fist that far. Just not sure where extra damage is coming from. Would like to figure this out for dmg chart

Edit: So far only Str and Weap Lore increase CA dmg. No other dmg modifiers or skills/attribs have an affect. Not even Blacksmith Arts.

But weapon lore just increases each type of elemental dmg. So why wouldn't a ring with "Phys dmg +xx%" work? Getting thoroughly confused :4rofl:

Edit #2 Seems some of my test gear isn't working correctly but the Hunter-Seeker dmg I would still like to know about

Edited by Knuckles

Sounds like a tough one Knuckles. I'll load up a Seraphim and poke around at it. :4rofl: Can start up a ded server again if you like. :4rofl:

well looks like I got a couple issues...gogo suggested I look at the Wiki and see that they encountered same issue there in figuring out damage for Hunter-Seeker

But have another issue with the seraphim....seems any increase in Ment regen from equipment isn't increasing Magic based spell damage. But if I increase by adding points to the attribute I get a magic spell dmg increase. Hoping someone can test for me. Wondering if my Sacred install has a corrupted file now.

Edited by Knuckles

Nice work on the table here!

Knuckles, there is great info on the wiki that has a very indepth writeup about hunter seeker, it may some info for you:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Hunter-Seeker

Regarding the seraphim, I'm not sure I remember exactly where the damage was coming from regarding mental regen from attributes v.s. items, but I can check this out and post back.

:4rofl:

gogo

I found that Throwing Blades (and to some extent-Dagger Stare) follow the same basic dmg rules as Hunter-Seeker. It's like a sub-set of Combat Arts as far as what skills/attribs/mods apply

I might look into it more but don't need that info for charts and I want to get them out. 6 toons down, 2 to go. Just gotta send file to Schot. Kind of like an early b-day present :)

Awh Knuckles. An early bday prezz? For me?! You shouldn't have. :cool: No really I'm serious! lol. :P

Can't wait to finish those babies off. Really awesome info you're getting Knuckles. Looking forward to dressing them up! :)

But have another issue with the seraphim....seems any increase in Ment regen from equipment isn't increasing Magic based spell damage. But if I increase by adding points to the attribute I get a magic spell dmg increase. Hoping someone can test for me. Wondering if my Sacred install has a corrupted file now.

Yup, that's what I'm seeing on my seraphim as well, though you do get the spell regen bonus.

I had a seraphim with 9.1 sec regen & 1,216 damage on Lightning, dropped in my belt with +78 MR, no effect on damage, but the regen dropped to 7.4 sec. Same as dropping 78 stat points into MR.

now for my next prob..hoping I can get a little help here too

I can't find what kind of dmg the WE's spiders and Unicorns do and thus what stats actually boost it if any...maybe it's a fixed value and only thru CA lvls does it increase dmg. I assume I'll run into the same prob with the Vamp's wolf.

Hmmm, I'd start with the most likely modifier to increase there dmg first and work backwards from there. I'm guessing a good start would be to use % to all damage types. Next I'd try Dex I think... I can try and get a peak at it just as soon as I can.

Oh btw. I checked the tables you sent Knuckles. Was it only DE and DW you sent? Just want to be sure I didn't miss something. :)

hmm..should have been all of them...I can see all of them when I open file locally but when I do a print preview I was only seeing de and dwarf...not sure why. but I guess it's affecting file when I saved as pdf.. I can send it a regular openoffice doc if you want

On the spiders...because they're jumping around and numbers aren't exactly consistent it's hard to tell if mods are affecting it. What I really need now is a bugged enemy that can't die...would be perfect to test on :)

Edited by Knuckles

hmmm

how about pvp...would the spiders attack another player?

If you did this in open, you could test the spiders against another player and he could wear a specific type of armor against one sort of element... could this work?

gogo

p.s. lol...just not me though...spiders are disgusting beasties...

Just need something that I can repeat consistent dmg on. Once I know I have a set base dmg number, I can then equip some mod rings and compare results. Was hoping for something like a bugged Orc Chief that I could give a serious case of arachnophobia to

That orc chief came to mind...and before I remember that the Shaddar Rim in ZN would get bugged, frozen in one place, but able to take hits and never move...quite often in fact, I used to say that they would make great punching bags or ways to test out or Combat Arts... I wonder if the latest version of the game still has them doing that..

man..how did this all get so creepy...spiders...ugh

gogo