Sacred Damage/Regen Tables

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping in pvp the Spider Arrow works on another player... how cool would that be ^^ (secret grimace) and if this method of testing works out, we could probably use another player as a punching bag more often.

muhahahah

:superman:

gogo

Well we didn't get a chance to test last night as it got too late. Whew! I live to see another day, haha. Will try to give it a test today.

Something I noticed last night when reading the spider arrow description is that it says the CA releases "poisonous" spiders on the target. Then again I think we all know how useful the descriptions are...

As for the Unicorn.. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I do believe I've seen the unicorn cause enemies it hits to become poisoned. Second guess as to the type of damage it does would be magic.

Well I guess you're safe Schot :superman: I just went and played around a little with PvP. Was hoping to use the Glad's Dalmar suit to check out damage from WE but the spiders and unicorn don't attack and can't see any change in damage from Combat Arts. Only shows base weapon damage.

Looks like I'm in desperate need of a bugged Orc Chief. Haven't seen one bugged for quite awhile. So if anyone knows of a sure-fire way to 'bug' an enemy so it never dies, I'd love to hear about it :blink:

Interesting

By outfitting a toon in lots of poison resist stuff..and then without poison resist stuff...we could see if there is a kind of element that is being resisted.

:superman:

gogo

We were planning on that but since spiders and unicorn don't attack other player even in PvP it wouldn't work. Looks like I need a real enemy :superman:

awh nuts. I see what you mean. Running out of convenient options... Hmmmm. I could spawn a very high level enemy and draw it over to you to test against. Maybe you could stand behind the Dwarvin Ruins barrier and attack through it?

The only thing I worry about by doing that is I might not do enough damage to easily see difference between each type, that and I might miss too often. There's got to be a way to do this....got thinking cap on but drawing a blank right now

I think our only option at this point is to try it against an enemy with a lot of health and not too high a CA level. I've just done some experimenting using a level 1 CA spider arrow and so far nothing I have tried has increased the damage.

Against a goblin I used a level 1 spider arrow. I tested 4 points into each attribute as well as smith forging(45% to all spell damage on one armor and 33% all damage on another.

Gonna be a tough one...

Got an idea...been sooo long since I played co-op or SP I forgot. Gonna go see if I can isolate an enemy somewhere and then quick save. And then keep doing a quick reload changing gear each time. Maybe I can get some decent comparisons that way.

Ah very good idea Knuckles. I managed to do a bit of testing for any affects SB migh thave on spider arrow yet to no avail... Got my level 75 WE up to 40% SB then let her die and tested the resulting 0% SB against the spider arrow. Same results. 17-21 damage on a bellvue goblin.

Note: Damage seems constant no matter what you attack and no matter the enemy level or resists. Appearing as though spider arrow damage is a constant that can not be resisted by enemies.

I've added two of the 8 Charts to the wiki and am in the process now of converting images to suit the rest of the tables. Then I'll need to write a bit of CSS for the other tables and from there I can start constructing each of the tables.

Here's what we got so far. :cow_white:

Sacred:Dark Elf Combat Arts/Charts

Sacred:Dwarf Combat Arts/Charts

For the record many of the words on each table will link respectively so click away!

Once the wiki is done we can construct a similar reference using the table codes I've creat for the forum here.

I know this is probably a bit late in the day, but I wouldn't have thought that mods on the player's character would affect summoned creatures (Wolf, Unicorn & Spiders), as the mods affect your character, the creatures are separate entities.

I also think that Spider damage is based on Spider/CA level, though I think they did less damage to dragons than to "normal" monsters, could be wrong though. And IIRC SA auto-hits (perhaps the arrow "summons" the spiders after a check to see whether it's at the same co-ords as a monster, but before the usual to-hit/damage calc).

Edit: Nice charts BTW. Even if the info in them (meaning, how Sacred was coded) is a bit odd/worrying.

Actually Llama your write up on Spider Arrow basically re-affirms what I've been seeing during testing. I wanted to be 100% sure on dmg mods for the charts. It seems the only 2 things that affect Spider Arrow is the characters level and the CA level. No other dmg mods seem to have any effect. Even SB which Schot tested for me, has no effect.

It seems to be a set dmg regardless of type of enemy or it's level (didn't test against a dragon yet)

I presume I'll find that Unicorns and Wolves will act similarly.

Edited by Knuckles
It seems to be a set dmg regardless of type of enemy or it's level (didn't test against a dragon yet)

I presume I'll find that Unicorns and Wolves will act similarly.

Probably, though Unicorns/Wolves will be easier to test as they aren't capped at your level.

*thinks*

It might be interesting to see the damage differences between a level 1 SA (= level 5 spiders) & a max level SA, though you'd need a level 216 (or there abouts) char for that.

I might be being confused about dragons, or they could just have a global damage reduction on them.

Edit: Does character level have any further effect on SA damage other than acting as a cap for the spider's level? Does a lvl1 SA at clvl216 do more damage than it does at clvl5?

I don't have a level 216 WE. But using a level 1 SA, a level 75 WE did more dmg than a level 1 did. Not sure about level cap you mention and maybe that's the reason but there is a difference in dmg as the WE increases level.

And found another Ment Regen moment. Might have to go back thru all the charts (poor Schot is crying now)

Had equipped a xbow on WE and testing out ranged. The xbow had a nice 'Weap Phys dmg +xx% Str' mod on it. Equip a '+ Str' ring and no change on dmg. But throw a couple points into Str and dmg increased.

When I started doing charts I didn't pay attention to whether I got stat increases via assigning Attrib points or getting from equip. Looks like all Attribs may be affected :sweating::) Looks like I got a lot of re-checking to do.

I can't believe I never caught this in the 4 yrs of playing lol.

Edit: Str will not affect phys base dmg on any ranged weapon. If the weapon has a mod like 'Weapon Damage Poison +10% Strength' then assigning attrib points to Str will increase dmg whereas getting Str boost from equip will not

Edited by Knuckles
I don't have a level 216 WE. But using a level 1 SA, a level 75 WE did more dmg than a level 1 did. Not sure about level cap you mention and maybe that's the reason but there is a difference in dmg as the WE increases level.

Take that WE's SA up to level 15 & the spider level will increase by +5 per CA level, take it over level 15 & it'll stay constant (untill the WE levels up to level 76, then you'll get level 76 spiders).

Your level 75 WE would have done more damage than the level 1 'cause the level 1 would have been getting level 1 spiders, but the level 75 would have got level 5 spiders.

Wasn't paying attention when I increased lvls. I see what you mean now Llama. So nothing but CA level affects dmg . With a SA level cap equal to character level.

Edited by Knuckles

Knuckles and Schot, the work you have done on these tables is nothing short of brilliant.

B R I L L I A N T

I'm posting up screenies for everyone to see!

The very interesting part in these charts is that the elements within them are all clickable...they're alive!

Dark Elf Combat Charts:

Regeneration

th_darkelfregen.jpg

Mods

th_darkelfmods.jpg

Damage

th_darkelfdamage.jpg

Dwarf Combat Arts

Dwarf Regeneration

th_dwarfregeneration.jpg

Dwarf Mods

th_dwarfmods.jpg

Dwarf Damage

th_dwarfdamage.jpg

Bravo you guys

:sweating:

gogo

Looking at this thread and seeing how much this project has progressed in so little time... What can I say, you guys are doing an outstanding job at this!

I really like how the tables look and I'm looking forward to seeing this project done.

Keep up the good work guys! :sweating:

Why Knuckles, why! Why you make Schotie cry?! :sweating: Well we guessed we'd run into this kind of thing so not hugely shocked that the tables will need adjustments. Just mortified, haha. No worries though. :)

Oh and as for the constant damage thing I did do a quick test against a Dragon during my previously metnioned test. Was the same result. level 75 WE with level 1 SA did 17-21 dmg.

Great info on the SA btw Llama. :pirate:

I've been working on Daemon tables and trying a different system to simplify things. One particular change is the green coloured boxes are now using a tan colour. I thought it would be best to not use colours associated to damage types. Also thinking that using one type of identifier for both "n/a" and "-" would be nice in order to reduce the coding necessary. The middle chart is the one I'm testing the changes on and I think I'll change the blue to something non damage associated as well. Just not sure what yet.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/User:...CA_Chart#Damage

Thanx guys! Looking forward to it's completion as well. :pirate:

Thanx Gogo and Indy :(, though all the wiki charts are Schot's (I have no clue on how to do, though I'm slowly learning the syntax). I've been making a separate OpenOffice Doc for all the research and sending to Schot to xfer to wiki format.

Wondering if we might set it up as a downloadable file? It won't have the interaction obviously of the wiki one but would be handy to print out and have a hard copy for playing. just an idea.

Also for everyone that has checked out charts. Just a reminder that they're still being built and not all the info is entirely correct. Have to do a little proofing first before official unveiling (I.e. Dwarf shows Blacksmith Spell Dmg having an effect) Once Schot has them finished we can go over them one more time to make sure it's all correct.

When I started this I never would have believed that it would be this complex. Some things I would have not believed unless I saw it first hand. Some I still didn't believe even after 4-5 tries and had to have others verify same happened to them. I have all the charts done and proofed except for the Vamp. Would have had that done but me and the kiddo got a round of 'walking pneumonia' this week. Not fun lol. Slowly recovering and hope to have Vamp done by weekend.

Edited by Knuckles

You're a gifted researcher, Knuckles...make no mistake... getting together such a massive amount of data together on this game and being honest about your findings and organizing them after... that's a huge accomplishment.

Heh, ever since you've started up with this project, you've kept me racing to keep adding more content as well.

The Wiki is really looking good these days, and wiki's are made for community.

Thank you

:(

gogo

Ty for the kind words Gogo but I'm convinced it's only my stubbornness and curiosity getting in the way :( Like I told Schot "I'm dangerous with a little info " lol