Ike [D.a.r.k.] vs. Juan Pierre [Purple Dead]

Ike

Well, the plan was a fairly simple one. After Spanky was inactive for a few days I sent six waves of RIPs at his G3 moon while his fleet was on the planet. If successful, it would have stranded his fleet in G3 without a JG and the nearest moon a Galaxy away. However, he came online and moved his fleet. :) So I moved to Plan B . . . or maybe it is C or D at this point. ;) I sent a Colony Ship from G7 to arrive one slot away from his G8 moon at approximately the time he normally signs off. There was activity on his planet/moon approximately 2 minutes before the colony appeared, but nothing after, so he never saw it show up. Meanwhile, I scanned every SS for 64 SS in each direction to make sure that no fleeters were in the area and would be able to phalanx me. SlowHand [MOB] Ranked 157 was 23 SS away, but based on his fleet score, I did not think it likely that he would be able to send enough fleet in time to seriously threaten the operation. However, I decided to send 500 recs along so I could threaten to pickup any DF and thus dissuade attackers. :)

As soon as the colony was up (99 fields), I sent 500 recs and 18 RIPs on a 25-hour journey. They arrived around Spanky's normal sack time and I watched for activity. No pings, no intercepting fleet. I figured that Spanky does not use the moon much and no reason for him to go to Galaxy View from there, so he was unlikely to see it. I figured out where Spanky's fleet was (G2), and the activity on all of his other planets disappeared at the same time, but there was still activity on the one with his fleet. I checked with PAWNZ and sure enough, someone from NN had probed him. So I launched 5.25 hours one-way. Six waves of 3 RIPs each. Each wave having a 45% chance of being destroyed and a 15.6% chance of destroying the moon. Overall a 63.82% chance to destroy the moon.

I was hoping to take out the moon and lose no more than 2 waves -- a pretty average result. Well, Fate had a rather different idea of an April Fool's joke. :D

Wave 1

Your fleet from planet Passionate Dark [8:148:6] arrived at the moon of the planet on [8:148:7] of DARK PASSION. Your deathstar aims its alternating graviton shock cannon at the satellite. Light quakes shake the surface of the moon. But something is wrong. The graviton cannon causes the deathstar to vibrate. There is feedback. The deathstar ruptures into millions of pieces. The resulting shock waves destroy your entire fleet.

Moon destruction chance: 15.5884572681% DS destruction chance: 45%

Wave 2

Your fleet from planet Passionate Dark [8:148:6] arrived at the moon of the planet on [8:148:7] of DARK PASSION. Your deathstar aims its alternating graviton shock cannon at the satellite. Light quakes shake the surface of the moon. But something is wrong. The graviton cannon causes the deathstar to vibrate. There is feedback. The deathstar ruptures into millions of pieces. The resulting shock waves destroy your entire fleet.

Wave 3

Your fleet from Moon Passionate Dark [8:148:6] arrived at the moon of the planet on [8:148:7] of DARK PASSION. The structure of the moon was not sufficiently weakened, and the fleet is returning to its home planet.

Moon destruction chance: 15.5884572681%, DS destruction chance: 45%

Wave 4

Wave 5

Wave 6

Your fleet from Moon Passionate Dark [8:148:6] arrived at the moon of the planet on [8:148:7] of DARK PASSION. The structure of the moon was not sufficiently weakened, and the fleet is returning to its home planet.

Moon destruction chance: 15.5884572681%, DS destruction chance: 45%

So, 12 RIPs down, and now he knows I am there. On the plus side, although he came online 50 minutes after the attack and had 400K deuterium on the planet, he did not phalanx and destroy the two waves of RIPs returning home. Probably 'cause he is a big wuss. :thumbsup: But the question now is what to do? I can't attack the moon again for 24 hours due to the bashing rules. I don't really want to leave the RIPs just sitting there. I would tend to suspect that he may be on his guard now and it takes 24 hours to get RIPs there, so it is hard to sneak them out there. Do I pull them back and try again somewhere else in a few days? Anyone want to trade moon shots . . . maybe I can get a moon there, which would facilitate moving RIPs back and forth. Or I can move to 7:48 and try to get a moon there and harrass Spanky and NEW. Some small moons there. Hmmmm . . . thoughts or suggestions?

- Ike

p.s. On the plus side, with recent hits I still have 83 RIPs with two more in production, and probably an 86th starting production by the end of the day.

Ahhh, Ike I'm so sorry for the losses...I just read this now, a downer. Here's to the next big crash...odds are... we'll see something blow up that's not a rip next time.

Good luck!

:hugs:

gogo