Oh you really had me going there Claire, lol. When I read the title I dropped my jaw. "What?! A baby?!:) How?! :P "

:blush:

Gratz on the bouncing baby snake Claire, haha. :D

Ooh what did you have Evil? would you get another one? and thanks for the heads up on the other Python, that Burmese is a big boy/girl eh! I went to see the boa's again last night, not with a mind to buy lol just they were there whilst I was helping with their pc. I actually had the girl boa curling round me from my neck then she had the rest of her around my waist, hehe she's heavy even though she is a bit under wieght, a beautiful snake but at almost 8 feet I am very cautious about sudden moves. How long did you have your Mufassa for?, do you have any pics?

Erling LOL you like the hots eh! they terrify me and I would have a heart attack if I was close to one! I thought I read that they revenomate even when they do what ever it is to get the venom out of them? I am no expert though hehe I'm still learning with my Royal here! Nothing scary or dangerous for me, I haven't the nerves for it!

LOL Cheers Schot, believe me it was like having a new baby, 'is he ok, is he warm enough' check the stats on the heat mat and lamp, check his viv is safe, check he is ok LOL I'm a lot more laid back now but the feeling was almost the same! It's good his ex owner is close by and is happy to talk to me a LOT about him :blush:

GRATS Claire!

before Moowatcher and I moved to Tulsa we had 3 snake babies. Moonwatcher had the BIG girl a 6' and growing pink phase red-tailed boa, I had a 5' ball python and we were snakie sitting our sons 4' ball python till his girls got a bit bigger and he felt it was safe around them. Unfortunately where we moved to the rental place has a FIRM policy on NO SNAKES... so we found good homes for all 3 of the slither babies. Some day we hope to get our own place where we can get snakies again. At first we were NO SNAKES NO WAY kinda people but our son kept after us to please let him get one and when we finally did we got HOOKED ourselves and got ones of our own....lol. We fed ours all LIVE prey, soon it got expensive to buy then every week or 2 as the boa would eat 2-3 large rats each feeding so we just started breeding our own....lol. I even had a couple of HAIRLESS rats to breed. The rat babies are SO CUTE when born little pink hairless wiggley things....lol but once grown they were food. (I know CRUEL) but in a morbid sort of way it was interesting to watch the snakes chase/hunt the rats down and kill them.

OK once again GRATS and have fun with the newest member of your family. Also we found that snakes give the GREATEST neck massages when you wrap them over the back of your neck and tickle their tummys and they undulate around your neck.

Stargazer

edit: hit enter too soon had to finish post :3lmao:

Edited by stargazer

lol, I never would have guessed that you two were so into snakes, Stargazer. And the neck massage sounds awfully good... I have to ask though...aren't you scared that they'd squeeze just a tad too hard?

:3lmao:

gogo

Oh the ball is beautiful ! We used to have a full house years back ourselves, 6ft a Colombian red tail boa, and a 9 foot Burmese as well as a few smaller carpet pythons, few smaller sized albino and reg burmese. Ill root around Im sure there are still pics of them.. I am wanted to get my little one his first snake and start out on a ball.. just waiting a little longer till the feeding of the mouse wont be upsetting.

Ahh best pet though... 3 foot caiman :D omg Im so glad that thing is gone now... Kinda glad things have calmed down in the herp department hehe for now anyway :)

My husband did have a buddy (Who started that obsession with herps btw) Who had a huge collection. Top of the list and Im not kidding.. an albino spectacled cobra and a baby diamondback. Oh they are cute.

:)

StarGazer great to hear you found good homes for your family members! I hope one day you'll be able to have some again, the neck massage is a great idea! hehe I often stick him round my neck if he is out for a play and I have to go do something, don't want him vanishing under the sofa, so round my neck he goes, feels very odd though when he 'licks' your ear! Good idea to have bred your own food for the snakes!

Wow Ari, nice assortment of herps indeed! Sounds like you have a love of snakes too, hope your young un will grow to love em as much too (hehe and start up his own collection)a pet caimen! LOL, I can imagine that was fun at feeding time :P Cobra's are amazing looking but I wouldn't have the nerve for a hot! including a rattler, would you ever consider anything venomous?

My middle one is mad for his own spider but he can wait a good few years for one! I did see an incredible blue spider, omg the colours were incredible!, hehe I have no experience with them though and we'll stick at one snakey.....for now, I'd love to get a female Royal though :P

'Johnny' fed nicely last week in his feeding tub hoping he'll not be the fussy buggar Royals can be notorious for.

be great if you could find some snakey pics Ari and StarGazer :)

• 1 month later...

Lil update on Johnny.......

Well, he seems to have settled in well, loved by all, my middle one sits in front of his viv first thing he wakes up and last thing at night to say 'Morning....Night night' lol but.....oh here comes the but....the buggar had one feed and has been fasting since :twitch:......despite many offers of food he's just not taken the bait so to speak! Everything has been checked, his temps, added new substrate of Aspen nice and thick so he can hide, added a new hide at each end of his viv, cold n warm, what hasn't been checked lol

After loads of chats with his old owner and a great bloke at a reptile place I've now just beheaded a frozen chick....yeah made me shudder too! and it's defrosting with yet another mouse. I am told chicks are highly addictive to snakes but not nutricious so I am scenting the mouse. Wish me luck I hope he'll eat it later! He's shed, poo'd (like a donkey) I almost died of shock! bathes in his water bowl and is otherwise fit and well......I think he's a super model snake.....1 mouse a year LOL but I am worried as he has lost a little weight :)

If this doesn't work he'll be off to the guy at the reptile place for a check up and some more ideas on feeding.

I know there's a fair few of you on here who have experience of snakes so any ideas would be gratefully received!

Here's a few really recent pics.....within the last few days :D

DSCN1718-1.jpg

Bath Time

DSCN1713.jpg

Who moved my house?

DSCN1717.jpg

Johnny's Pad

Ugh can't get all the pics to show LOL....having one of those night's...could a kind mod/admin help pretty please :P

Edited by Katran
Ugh can't get all the pics to show LOL....having one of those night's...could a kind mod/admin help pretty please :P

All fixed. :)

Cant wait to see how it all turns out. How about you open his mouth and shove that mouse in there! :D

:viking: Cheers Kat for sorting the pics...he may well get a mouse force fed Grrrr didn't eat again even after I did the thyang with the chick ugh LOL

hehe Putrescine, he's really a softie and can be quite shy, no worries of him escaping as I have a lock on his Viv though I am sure if he could escape he would, sneaky buggars they are. I recently read on another forum I frequent of someones snake escaping and hiding in a hole n the wall :D...now they are playing the waiting game for him to come back out. The tricks they have tried to entice it out are mind boggling.lol and the swine is still in there, popped it's head out once and then went back to hiding.