A Schot at freehand drawing.

Well I just couldn't fight it off any longer. Today I dove into the world of freehand drawing. Something I've been wanting to try for a looong time now. Big time thank you to Erling and Telari for inspiring me. Had it not been for you two I would not be creating this topic now. Kudos to you both!

I hope to make this a regular practice as it is an incredible skill that would help me a great deal in materializing the many things that wander my mind. Be afraid! :D

First and foremost is a drawing of a female. Woohoo! I have big plans on a particular idea I have in mind for a Seraphim and so I took to drawing out a simple female pose. Very basic. Very simple. Oh and ladies please forgive me... I was following a tutorial exactly though I may have unconsciously exaggerated, lol. Here she is!

Link to tutorial I was following

th_Woman.jpg <--Click

Notice the hands are unfinished. I had noooo plans of tackling that challenge today, heh.

And for my next attempt I decided to follow a tutorial on drawing a male face. Somewhat incomplete but I'm still very happy with it. I'll probably work on it a bit more and see what comes of it. Oh and I left some of the lines in just so that others can see that I drew guide lines before starting to draw the actual face. A very handy technique for beginners I think. One other thing I found useful was breathing strangely enough. At the start I was finding myself wanting to draw really fast and because of that I was making a lot of mistakes. I found that concentrating on my breathing, taking deep slow paced breaths, helped to slow my hand down a bit and really focus on the drawing. Oh yeah and I played really loud music. :4rofl:

Link to tutorial I was following

th_1stMaleFace.jpg <--Click

Until the next one! :D

oooh, nice. lol, seeing all these drawings go up makes me cry. I wanna dwaw too :4rofl:

They're nice Schot, I like the girl one the best ^^

Give her wings and you're a star

:D

gogo

yay :D hehe u might mean telari and not kery? I donno

anyway good job schot! half the job isto get the guts to post them :P I liked the ''seraphins'' hair alot and her body features :D:D oh and the little stick man down in the right corner :P

u worked well on the face also but I agree with gogo, I like the girly the best :)

lets start a new ''pick up the pen'' fashion! ;)

Ohh wow Schot. Congrats. :P

They are cool. :D Haha I can't give such a dissection like erling did though.

Grats again. We want to see more. ;)

Edit: Ooops! Yes I did mean Telari, haha. Me poor old soggy brain ain't what it used to be. I've changed my previous post. :)

Thanx for the encouragement guys. :) Hopefully I'll be combining what I know about web design with some free hand designs very soon.

I think the toughest part was actually doing it. I've never really tried to draw people are faces before because the thought of it just seemed much too hard a thing to do. There's so much to think about in order to make it look realistic which is the style I would prefer to do when drawing people. Looks like I have a lot of learning to do but I'm very excited to develope a deep understanding of free hand drawing. Always wanted to do it.

Personally the stick man is my favorite. :yay:

More to come for sure!

Oh and I forgot. I had posted some very old drawings here in the past under a different topic idea. May as well add them to this one I think. These are more abstract though. No particular form was planned. I just sort of doodled them out. The first is pen and pencil. The second is with some old dollar store pecil crayons, haha.

Originals are actually much smaller but my scanner blew them up.

img002.jpg

img001.jpg

nice abstracts :) the lovable thing with ab's is that noone can say something is wrong :yay:

oh and you're corner drawings is higly amusing yet again :)