What's the weather like over there?

This month will be the coldest month since 1934 and the 2nd coldest since 1872 :o On top of that we've gone over 100 inches of snow for the year and are very close to the all time record of 107 inches. Most likely will break that before winter is over. Luckily, we seem to be out of the stormy phase. No big storms forecast for awhile and we'll have a few days next week where the high temperature will finally make it over freezing :D

So want to know just how cold it has been?

Ever seen 'slurpee waves' ?

slurpee%20wave%201_zps0abzhkkf.jpg

slurpee%20wave%202_zpsd8rwotb9.jpg

• Like! 1

Holee molee!!?? slurpy waves? I find that almos terrifying! We have long warm days for weeks on end. Some mornings are a bit cooler(18C) but it warms up before 10 to a sweat inducing day(37C minimum). Good luck with all the cold weather in the north!

Delta!

• Like! 1

This month will be the coldest month since 1934 and the 2nd coldest since 1872 :o On top of that we've gone over 100 inches of snow for the year and are very close to the all time record of 107 inches. Most likely will break that before winter is over. Luckily, we seem to be out of the stormy phase. No big storms forecast for awhile and we'll have a few days next week where the high temperature will finally make it over freezing :D

So want to know just how cold it has been?

Ever seen 'slurpee waves' ?

slurpee%20wave%201_zps0abzhkkf.jpg

slurpee%20wave%202_zpsd8rwotb9.jpg

lol

those look like special effects from a sci fi movie

:lol:

gogo

Holee molee! slurpy waves? I find that almos terrifying! We have long warm days for weeks on end. Some mornings are a bit cooler(18C) but it warms up before 10 to a sweat inducing day(37C minimum). Good luck with all the cold weather in the north!

Delta!

warms up to a sweat... sigh

*glare*

:D

gogo

It's been confirmed on Friday : it has been the coldest month ever recorded in the history of Quebec.

I just read this too now

Max, aren't we just fed up?

:mafia:

gogo

I love by the water!

My parents grew up by a beach in Sri Lanka

My mom said they would fall asleep to the crashing of waves by the shore

are you guys that close?

And is the shore frozen at this time of year for you?

:)

gogo

No. The gulf is as active as ever - everything has thawed weeks ago.

Unfortunately my home is right between the Tallinn airport and the coast line. So I fall asleep to the mechanical purring of the jetliners accelerating on the runway.

• Like! 1

A sunny and warm day today. + 10 c. This winter has been the best here. No snow at all and all the trees and flowers are budding. It has been the warmest febuary on record. Bad for the mountains though the ski hills have had to close for skiing but have opened for hiking and mountain biking. Every where else in Canada and even the rest of BC is in the deep freeze. Which is ok by me I can't handle the cold like I use to.

• Like! 1

Sometimes I think meteorologists really have no idea what the weather will be. They're typically pretty accurate temperature-wise, but trying to forecast snow amounts seems to be pure luck.

Like today...we were forecast for 1-3 inches of snow at 6am. By 10am we had 4 inches. So they revised their forecast to 6 inches around 11am. By 2 pm we had over 6 inches so now forecast is for 8-12 inches. How do we go from a couple inches to a foot in 6 hours ?

Based on the forecast, no schools closed but many had early dismissal within an hour or 2 after school started.

I know weather forecasting can be tricky, but how do we go from a little nuisance snow to a major storm that no one saw?

• Like! 1

We have a saying "Build your wagon in winter, and the sleigh in summer". Its a good way to say "prepare before it becomes a critical problem".

I stopped listening to the forecasts a long time ago. I just look up at the sky to check the cloud color for rain and upper wind speed, step out on the balcony for a sec to get the temperature and lower wind speed, then put on clothes that covers a wide range for the specific season. Whatever happens, should not be any different from last year.

• Like! 1

Sometimes I think meteorologists really have no idea what the weather will be. They're typically pretty accurate temperature-wise, but trying to forecast snow amounts seems to be pure luck.

Like today...we were forecast for 1-3 inches of snow at 6am. By 10am we had 4 inches. So they revised their forecast to 6 inches around 11am. By 2 pm we had over 6 inches so now forecast is for 8-12 inches. How do we go from a couple inches to a foot in 6 hours ?

Based on the forecast, no schools closed but many had early dismissal within an hour or 2 after school started.

I know weather forecasting can be tricky, but how do we go from a little nuisance snow to a major storm that no one saw?

See, stuff like that makes me go mad...I mean, yeah we can understand some percentage of error...but SO much?

:crazy:

gogo

We have a saying "Build your wagon in winter, and the sleigh in summer". Its a good way to say "prepare before it becomes a critical problem".

I stopped listening to the forecasts a long time ago. I just look up at the sky to check the cloud color for rain and upper wind speed, step out on the balcony for a sec to get the temperature and lower wind speed, then put on clothes that covers a wide range for the specific season. Whatever happens, should not be any different from last year.

Ayup

this is sounding just about right

:D

gogo

• Like! 1

It is supposed to be Autumn, but dang naggit, the weather sure hasn't been told that yet! A booming 37C. This morning was chilly and had some fog coming down from the mountains that covered the valley, but it warmed up very quickly. That apperntly is very good for the wine grapes grown in the region.

Delta!

Was a sunny warm day here. To nice to stay in so I went down to the seawall on my eletric scooter for a few hours. Made it back home without any misshap. Last summer was down there nad when came out of the washroom a group of teens were around the scooter but ran as soon as they seen me. Didn't notice any damage (Normaly they snap off a mirror, steal something or paint on it) Half way home the front left tire fell off and I went ito the ditch and the scooter rolled on top of me. They had lossened the bolts from all 4 tires. Now I make sure if I am away from the scooter while out that I check the bolts. A friend told me that once she had come out of the washroom and found that someone had taken off the chair of her scooter and threw it into the ocean.

Here's my car's temp listing for this afternoon.

Itl41sc.jpg

I almost did a happy dance!

Ha...I can get over that in my truck.........if I leave the heat on high for about 25 minutes......been a loooong time since we've been that warm here....though this week most days are supposed to be in the 40's for highs.....finally some of this snow will melt.

• Like! 1