What's the weather like over there?

Morning Fam and folks! We got 17° here this morning a little bit chillier an hour before this is a no rain day more like mobile meditation walk a bit think about it nothing else had a great day everyone XOXO it’s almost the weekend

😍

gogo

577AC063-6EDF-46B6-89BC-18B316D2AF5C.jpeg

Yes, Rommel, I'm southeast of Dallas and I only got about four inches of rain. I also live on some high ground with good drainage. Thanks for your concern, sir. :sun:

• Appreciation 1

The ground is this dry that it can't suck up water at a heavy rain. So there will be not much water to fill up the low ground water while the houses in the valley may suffer flooding. Double bad. They predict just 5 litres per square metre for the weekend. 5 litres in 5 month. I was closing the dams at the ponds in case they error. Every bit of water not reaching the valley will help in this case.

• zomgod! 1

There is a tropical system which came off of the western coast of Africa recently; the National Weather Service in monitoring this area of disturbed weather. It has a high probability of becoming a major hurricane upon entering the Gulf Coast region. :twitch:

• zomgod! 1
On 8/26/2022 at 12:06 PM, Hooyaah said:

Yes, Rommel, I'm southeast of Dallas and I only got about four inches of rain. I also live on some high ground with good drainage. Thanks for your concern, sir. :sun:

ahh Steve I was worried! :hugs: I sometimes hate the way the net just shoots me clickbaitish links   about anything it thinks it can manipulate me to push :lol: 

guess google somehow knows I speak to someone from Texas here and its now seeding my news hahahah..

.thank god this was actually something useful about a friend from DarkMaters!

:drunkards:

gogo

On 8/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, Hooyaah said:

There is a tropical system which came off of the western coast of Africa recently; the National Weather Service in monitoring this area of disturbed weather. It has a high probability of becoming a major hurricane upon entering the Gulf Coast region. :twitch:

Is there weather of any kid that worries you? here in mtl, no earthquakes really or the rare tornado every four to five years... mostly just a winter that can crush all hope of dreams in our heart

:P

gogo

On 8/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, chattius said:

The ground is this dry that it can't suck up water at a heavy rain. So there will be not much water to fill up the low ground water while the houses in the valley may suffer flooding. Double bad. They predict just 5 litres per square metre for the weekend. 5 litres in 5 month. I was closing the dams at the ponds in case they error. Every bit of water not reaching the valley will help in this case.

Sending you the good vibes. to build the walls and close the dams to hold the doors!

14lu7c.jpg

We've got a glorious last weekend of the summer here.  Dry and crispy, green leaves but with some taking to the oranges and golds...Ah, the coming of fall, with only two weeks to go.

Make the most y'all!

:hugs:

gogo

• 1 month later...

We're running at a nice 9 degrees and rain here (pfft , did I just say nice :P ) but yesterday was a great day to be outdoors and I grabbed a sweet pic of this road near my Ammamma's place ... SO STEEP! I think, though even though its a short escalation, its one of the steepest I've seen in central city with expectations of a car to be able to drive up!

IMG_1558.jpg

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Autumn

Last days were mainly 18C, fog in morning, around noon sun breaks through, then there are BIG formations of cranes flying south late afternoon and when sun goes down millions of stars at least till the fog starts to hide them around midnight.

The high energy prices made many towns and villages to shutdown lights at 10pm. So no light smok and nice for using a telescope to watch first cranes and then stars.

Not so nice, our second was driving to university after weekend. She was just a bit under speed limit because of wet leaves, when an BMW M5 was overtaking with way too much speed and landing in a field. She said 'no' when asked to pull the car out of the field with the former car of my wife - a VW Lupo 3L - and called the police. There was damage to the field, possible oil loss, it was too dark, she was alone...

The young turks were aggressivly angry because it was the car of the older brother of one of them and it seems they hoped that all could be done secretly,

The police later infromed her that there was a total damage of 40000€ to field and car and she did all right - and that a big crane was needed.

Lupo 3l is 950kg, M5 is 2000kg, 60hp vs 600hp

1280px-VW_Lupo_rear_20080524.jpg

1920px-BMW_M5_F10_(front_quarter).jpg

• zomgod! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hottest day on record yesterday !!

Temperature reached a glorious 24.3C at Trudeau airport, but that dreaded first snowfall is on the horizon for mid-month.

And early 4 k in the morning and netted a some fall memories before the heavy world-famous snows set in

IMG_1949.jpg

Windy! holee molee... a most unpleasant outing this morning... almost took me cap AND plucked out my air pods.  First time I've ever felt that the wind could abscond with me music... sunny though

IMG_1970.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday enough snow for cross country skiing. After sundown a lot of noise in the sky from cranes flying south. As sure as hell some idiots drive without winter tyres in the dark and call the firefighters - so a busy night. Luckily only one who managed to damage the oil system.

Lot of warning signs that the local country roads won't be cleared, news paper wrote it, was in radio, ...

• zomgod! 1
17 hours ago, chattius said:

Saturday enough snow for cross country skiing. After sundown a lot of noise in the sky from cranes flying south. As sure as hell some idiots drive without winter tyres in the dark and call the firefighters - so a busy night. Luckily only one who managed to damage the oil system.

Lot of warning signs that the local country roads won't be cleared, news paper wrote it, was in radio, ...

I hear you regarding the launch of cold weather, my family's scrabbling here to get their tires in order, and we just got back from the country visiting for birthtday, with some high, howling cold winds... yah...

Winter's here!

:eek:

gogo

6 hours ago, chattius said:

Snow, but dry cold with sun is nice. But thewing snow with fog and no sun ,it feels 20 degree colder than it is. luckily we had sun at weekend.

Yes! regarding dry cold... crispy weather... that a good word for it? We got plenty of that this morning, and we gotta get out for the run 

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday before Advent we use to decorate the big fir in the church garden using the cranes of our Unimogs. The church is a 850 year old fortified church on top of a hill with a big wall surrounding it. So the fir can be seen for miles at clear nights. Our third was playing Leise rieselt der Schnee and other pre-xmas songs on her electric zither.

Leise rieselt der Schnee is my favourite pre-x-mas song for all times: a frozen lake, a clear night with stars, snow starts to fall, standing in front of the house and waiting for x-mas. As a kid it was the house of grandpa and we took it when he died. The song brings all the feeling back, big family together at grandparents and grandgrandma,

In average we have such nights every fith year.

The english version is more song for waiting for x-mas night and not about the 4weeks of advent. But listen to it if don't speak german to understand why it is my favourite pre-xmas song.

• Appreciation 1

We have the strangest morning here ... misty, dark, misty... and rainy... its just one of those weekend days where you feel like you can lie under the covers all day ... getting out of bed was challenging, now where's that coffee... 

:lol:

gogo

Slightly snowing and misty. Ideal weather for pocket money.  #3, #4 & #5 were selling x-mas trees to families who were chopping them themself. Also Glühwein ( and an alcoholfree kid variant) and Bratwurst to warm up after the familes walking and looking for a tree.

Living in a 120 people village there are not much mini-jobs for the kids to earn some money. So 3 weekends selling x-mas trees and some snacks is nice money for them.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, chattius said:

Slightly snowing and misty. Ideal weather for pocket money.  #3, #4 & #5 were selling x-mas trees to families who were chopping them themself. Also Glühwein ( and an alcoholfree kid variant) and Bratwurst to warm up after the familes walking and looking for a tree.

Living in a 120 people village there are not much mini-jobs for the kids to earn some money. So 3 weekends selling x-mas trees and some snacks is nice money for them.

Thats incredible... living in a village with so few people... I think about this is as I look outdoors and see Montreal's almost city center.  The amount of connections that can be made with such a small community as yours can only be epic around Christmas time.

I hope your kids sell lots! And speaking of trees...the fresh veggie market that operates up the street from us has poof! transformed into a christmas tree farm!

:lol:

gogo

There is a big contra:

You need to be 18 for a full car license in Germany. Bus is 8 times a day. So meeting classmates is complicated. Dating: Daughters are real tall and all nearby boys as tall or taller are relatives. Thats why we had au pair girls all the years. We didn't need them for baby sitting, we needed them mainly for transport. 5 kids at high time each another sport, 3 different schools...

• zomgod! 1

We got +5 today here... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM... but nice enough to get a ton of errands done...this is the new tree they put up at the pharmacy up the street, and me getting caught in a pic

IMG_2480.jpg