What's the weather like over there?

Just one of these few days as in my favourite pre-xmas song.

The field I flooded is frozen, 5 centimetres snow, star shining nights, -9C at 10pm when I commanded the kids back from skating on the ice into the house.

The english version made it to 'the christchild is coming today', in german it is 'bald = soon' and is the whole days of Advent.

• Like! 1

No school because of ice rain. Luckily I had my ice cleats put in place yesterday evening. No searching this morning. Also I mounted a spreader for granules at the front attachment of the unimog to reach the village yesterday. Had to use it because wife was called to a person who slipped heavily on blackice in neighbour village.

If I would live in a town, I could have slept 4 more hours.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

No school because of ice rain. Luckily I had my ice cleats put in place yesterday evening. No searching this morning. Also I mounted a spreader for granules at the front attachment of the unimog to reach the village yesterday. Had to use it because wife was called to a person who slipped heavily on blackice in neighbour village.

If I would live in a town, I could have slept 4 more hours.

IMG_2675.jpg

22We seem to have same like same weather here.. all kinds of "stuff" coming down, sometimes its ice, then it goes to melt, then snow..  though Schot picked up a pair of ice cleats ^^

:cow:

gogo

2 hours ago, lujate said:

Left work yesterday a little after 5pm, and the wind chill was -28 F (-33 C).  Ouch!  It was up to -27 F when I woke up this morning.  Not much of an improvement.

I cannot believe it is that cold… Where do you live East Coast Minnesota? That is an insanely cold very dangerous temperature… I actually was outside this morning at 6:30 I did a quick 3K run but it was only hovering around 0° mark slushy icy but nothing like yours 

image.jpeg

😟

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I cannot believe it is that cold… Where do you live East Coast Minnesota? That is an insanely cold very dangerous temperature… I actually was outside this morning at 6:30 I did a quick 3K run but it was only hovering around 0° mark slushy icy but nothing like yours 

image.jpeg

😟

gogo

I'm in southern Missouri.  The middle US got hit with an OMG Arctic blast.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:24 PM, gogoblender said:

Missouri?

I thought Missouri NEVER gets cold!

:oooo:

gogo

We might see wind chills approaching 20 below, but never this cold. It's not going to last though. It's supposed to be 50 F by the end of the week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forecast is calling for heavy snow later today and into tomorrow.  I'm right on the line between the 4-8 and 6-12 inch (10-20 & 15-30 cm) zones.  We don't get that much snow very often, so the city and residents don't handle it well.

• zomgod! 1
On 1/24/2023 at 7:23 AM, lujate said:

Forecast is calling for heavy snow later today and into tomorrow.  I'm right on the line between the 4-8 and 6-12 inch (10-20 & 15-30 cm) zones.  We don't get that much snow very often, so the city and residents don't handle it well.

Re surprise snow, yah thats it! for many cities that may not have the infrastructure in place, boat loads of snow can be perilous but kind of fun too :D ... for me waking up early to that dark morning oft times comes with the sounds of mean, roarning machines that chop up and machine-gun snow via funnel... gotta be careful.

We have -17 degrees here Wind Chill... the coldest its been all year... knew that Winter was coming

:oooo:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

we have storm with a mix of rain, hail, snow around freezing temperature

maybe black ice at next morning

Our third surprised us, the half year report from school has only best marks - even in sport

Must be it was swimming this half year. Last was handball and she plays too cautious because she didn't want to break the fingers she needs for her music school

• Like! 1

So quick...

Kitchen floor would take me half a year. Disadvantage of wood is that wood is 'working'. You have to store big wood parts for several weeks to do an acclimatization to the average temperature. Add that we have an underfloor heating. I couldn't do normal heating without touching weight carrying walls. I plan the next work in kitchen when the twins are at university. Family will get smaller and bigger. Smaller because it will be just my wife and me living in the house, bigger because if kids and grandchildren will come we will need more room than now. So the kitchen will get more useful tools by removing place now needed for kids. The toys and playing room will give a 20place eating room.

Luckily still some years to wait :)

• Respect! 1
On 2/7/2023 at 4:53 AM, chattius said:

So quick...

Kitchen floor would take me half a year. Disadvantage of wood is that wood is 'working'. You have to store big wood parts for several weeks to do an acclimatization to the average temperature. Add that we have an underfloor heating. I couldn't do normal heating without touching weight carrying walls. I plan the next work in kitchen when the twins are at university. Family will get smaller and bigger. Smaller because it will be just my wife and me living in the house, bigger because if kids and grandchildren will come we will need more room than now. So the kitchen will get more useful tools by removing place now needed for kids. The toys and playing room will give a 20place eating room.

Luckily still some years to wait :)

were not well equipped or even talented at carpentry, reno, etc...but that floor was so old, like twenty years, and was in bad condition when we moved in.  This floor is just a vinyl sheet...but its wonderful to touch, settles in and easy to apply.. supposed to last a long time.  I cant imagine having to work with wood as you are.. living, breathing stuff that you have to wait half a year for ! :crazy:

We have a lovely day here, -2! around six am, ready to go out for a walk!

IMG_3698.jpg

:)

gogo