What's the weather like over there?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another roughy morning.. zero degrees.. i look at my watch and refuse to cede .. defying cold weather till the end.. and after just the first k  it’s frozen fingers .. when will we learn 😄😄

IMG_5915.jpeg

Temperatures SOARED yesterday... kind of snuck up on us ... 30 degrees as going to sleep! :oooo: to the point of going around the house and looking for those box air cons we stick into our window...but that the last minute the heat relented and was just able to fall asleep.. no more of a max than 23 today... the best !

:l_diver:

gogo

OOOOOh I miss the heat from Summer.

Winter is now here, and she is a heartless B!T€H.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:16 AM, Delta! said:

OOOOOh I miss the heat from Summer.

Winter is now here, and she is a heartless B!T€H.

Lol.. you are one of the only people that can make a heartless merciless, summer sound irresistible!

🙏😄😍

gogo

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Sunny, 21c and very humid. Blegh what a terrible experience. :mellow:

I’ll pay you for weather that hot amigo!, but I “get” how horrible humid can be 

😊

gogo

How bad is the smoke from all those fires in Montreal Gogo? Down here in New England` we've had haze for several days and I can even smell it clearly. Couple of times it was bad enough to irritate my eyes and make them tear up.

Was watching the Weather channel and it was showing all the active fires and looked like all of lower Canada was aflame.

Though I don't mind the haze too too much. Least it's dimming the sun's heat. Been several degrees cooler than normal, and I won't complain about that when working outside.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

How bad is the smoke from all those fires in Montreal Gogo? Down here in New England` we've had haze for several days and I can even smell it clearly. Couple of times it was bad enough to irritate my eyes and make them tear up.

Was watching the Weather channel and it was showing all the active fires and looked like all of lower Canada was aflame.

Though I don't mind the haze too too much. Least it's dimming the sun's heat. Been several degrees cooler than normal, and I won't complain about that when working outside.

Knuckles it was only kinda really noticeable to me a few days ago? My mom actually woke up so early to call me to *report* that theee was so much haze at work (potomac, MD) and where she lives up the street in Bethesda... even my uncle right in NYC across the shore in NewJersey says its baaaaaaaaaad...but from where i am, the last few days have been pretty okay... or maybe im just catching it a lot... the weather here is still quite cold, and last days were very humid and raining (ugh im back to wearing umbrellas :oooo: ) 

I dont see smoke anywhere from where I am or smell anything... that media right?
:nooo:

gogo

No rain for weeks. Luckily we were creative last year and built a reservoir for water in case of a nearby forest fire. That it looks like a swimming pool was not intented or planed. Daily tests for ruptures in the ceramic tiles are done. Other call it swimming in a pool. But since it is a water reservoir I call it savety tests.

• Like! 1

Thankfully it's cooling off a little. Has been very warm, very humid, but also very dry the past week.

It's a good thing you're doing safety checks chattius :lol:

• Like! 1

If you guys are getting the good temp, try and send some our way, were looking at 16 degrees start temp this 617 AM ... no matter ... out for the run we goooooo

:oooo:

gogo

1 minute ago, Timotheus said:

You try running with 34 C :tongue: I started sweating everytime I blinked!

ha... dinna think ill run in that...but did get in a quick 3k using a light shell.. and looks like the day is warming up

IMG_6272.jpg

So far we've been pretty mild with summer just now officially here. Most days have been in the mid 60's (around 18-19 Celsius), and low humidity/dew point.

Because I'm surrounded on 3 sides by water, my weather is much milder than the mainland just 10-15 miles away. In winter, the warm ocean water keeps the bitter cold away until very late in the season (typically February) and then in the summer, the colder water keeps our temps down until August. Cannot tell you how nice an ocean breeze on a hot summer day is.

The weather forecast for today was: We can't predict it. One place may have 100litre rain per square metre, the neighbour village staying dry, there might be tornados but we can't say where, there might be hail storm with size of 2cm, there might be 34C, ...

A high pressure from scandinavia will meet a deep pressure from mediterran just in our area. All I know is our house is centuries old and was never hit by heavy weather being half in a hill. So I do what I allways do: hope that my ancestors were wise in choosing the place for the house.

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

So far we've been pretty mild with summer just now officially here. Most days have been in the mid 60's (around 18-19 Celsius), and low humidity/dew point.

Because I'm surrounded on 3 sides by water, my weather is much milder than the mainland just 10-15 miles away. In winter, the warm ocean water keeps the bitter cold away until very late in the season (typically February) and then in the summer, the colder water keeps our temps down until August. Cannot tell you how nice an ocean breeze on a hot summer day is.

I’ve always envied your proximity to the beach though I do remember you saying that you get so much weathering on the house you guys always have to take care of it still though… To be able to be so close to hearing waves… Waves are a miracle

😊

gogo

1 hour ago, chattius said:

The weather forecast for today was: We can't predict it. One place may have 100litre rain per square metre, the neighbour village staying dry, there might be tornados but we can't say where, there might be hail storm with size of 2cm, there might be 34C, ...

A high pressure from scandinavia will meet a deep pressure from mediterran just in our area. All I know is our house is centuries old and was never hit by heavy weather being half in a hill. So I do what I allways do: hope that my ancestors were wise in choosing the place for the house.

Lol chattius you are probably the finest caretaker for that incredible home you and your family live in

if anything happens and things do, there is no resource better than your own spirit to keep that building going

🤩

gogo

I woke up this morning and… 18°! Not quite enough to wear a tank I guess because I wasn’t going to run but still enough to just wear a T-shirt and some shorts for an awesome 2K walk before working… It’s my last day before, leaving and flying out this Saturday down to see mom down in Maryland… It’s gonna be a great day !

😊

gogo

IMG_6429.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Running at around degrees yesterday in Bethesda Maryland, with some crazy thunder showers. but with just the right spaces in-between to grab breakfast outside with Mom and some walks... 

image.png

nothing

beats

a terrace

.. staaaaaaaaaaaaaay hot!

image.png