How a bad day turns into a really bad day

Woke up, watched a few episodes of Bleach and then went off to college for my Thesis. I am in the process of doing the research for that project, so 1 needed questionnaires and ballpoints.

I had no idea that ballpoints in bulk were that hard to find in the city centre, so I missed my train. Oh goodie.... :bye:

Once I was at my college, after sending the printing request, I walked off to the printing machine to find a group of Spanish students copying what looked like 2 entire books. Oh goodie... :)

Got my questionnaires, but at that time I was too late for my train again. Oh goodie!

Once I was in the train, the questionnaires went OK, but I ran outta time because I was supposed to be at work this evening. Had some trouble with getting home on time, so when I got out of the bus at a busstop near my place, decided to make a run for it so I could grab a bite to eat. Jumped over some small fences in the process. The first three went OK, but I fell over the last one. Stumbled home and said I broke my collar-bone, my dad felt around it a bit and didn't believe me. Went upstairs to change my shirt and shoes, but couldn't get it done. Went to the doc and guess what: I broke my collar-bone. Oh goodie... :viking:

Really, you should see the left part of my body. Scrapes om my arm, shoulder and back, and a big lump on my collar bone... :D

Edited by gogoblender

ouch collar bone, that hurts! sorry to hear... can u game? :/

I snapped a main sinew and dad didnt belive me either at first.. made it worse...

Oh Timo :bye:

Not so "oh goodie", lol. Man that must really hurt though? Hope you're not in too much pain dude. So much determination and devotion to your thesis. Surely a broken collar bone and a banged up body all for the sake of your thesis is worth a high mark. I think your Prof should give you an A x+ for all that effort! :viking:

Hope you recover quickly Timo (aka ToiMoi :) )

You broke your collar bone?

:D

Hold on... lemme say that again.... you... broke...your...collar bone?

Timo, you must be in so much pain! Are you on painkillers or something? I can't imagine you being able to do anything with a broken collar bone... is there anything that you have to have to keep it in place? Or is it one of those breaks where they can't do much except to let it hear?

Dude, you're so lucky. You're probably at the age where later on, you won't feel much of it, and in fact, it'll probably stitch up perfectly.

Consider yourself lucky mister!

:viking:

gogo

p.s. at least the questionnaires went okay :) (heh, hope you've still got that great sense of humor :bye:)

... I broke my collar-bone ...

I broke mine once and just couldn't keep as still as the doctor wanted me to while it was healing. I have a big knot where the bones knit out of true. It doesn't hurt but it's a weird feeling when I think about it.

At the time I was due to go out on a workup for a deployment and everyone in the squadron swore I did it to get out of workups. :viking:

lol hehe

It's OK, some painkillers but nothing heavy, drug store stuff...

Got a... Well it's called a mitella here, lemme search for the English word... OK it's called bandage:

botbre16.jpg

Only mine is folded up to a strap... My arm just rests in it.

Doc said that it wasn't even necessary, but he recommended it since it helps preventing use of that arm...

Sounds like a sling - like a baby hammock for your arm. hehe. Edit: Just saw the pic -- we call that a sling allright.

Oh goodie. Hope it isn't your mouse hand. That'd really put a crimp in your gaming. Oh goodie.

Take care and heal fast.

Edited by gial

Left, but it still sucks :) only game I can play now is rollercoaster lol

Right now, I've had about 2hrs of sleep, the painkillers wore off by then. Watching the latest Bleach epi and don't want to think about the upcoming weeks... :(

Would cold compresses around the break help? Try bags of frozen vegetables. They're cheap, reusable, and pretty much form fitting.

Peas work especially nicely.

:)

gogo

p.s. roller coaster? lol. Any particular reason why?

Or... you ONLY broke your collar bone! Could've been your neck!!

Things could be much much worse Timo!!

Here's hoping things improve.

remember, it only takes 7 lbs of pressure to break a collarbone. you figure if you fell with your body over it with any type of force, odds are it's broken. rule of thumb. protect your collarbones. I've had instances when I've needed to apprehend individuals and I've used a pressure point in their shoulder and actually broken their collarbones. it's quite easy to do, and I'm not that big of a guy. so please. protect your collarbones, they're very weak as far as bones go (they don't have a lot of support from muscles around your body, they stick out quite a bit, and are close to the skin.) PROTECT THEM! 7lbs. 7. go home, get out your bathroom scale, and squeeze it with one hand... what is that? 90-100 lbs of pressure? thats like 15 collarbones you can break with your hand. it's not hard to break them. and it's not fun to have to sling them. PROTECT THEM!

Sorry timo, thats an unfortunate accident, but you should be thankful your vertebrates weren't displaced from the fall. that's never good =(

-Total

A bit nauseous today, maybe it's from pain maybe it isn't. Was shocked when I looked at my waist after hitting the shower, the scratch/bruise there got a bit bigger and went all swollen. Nothing broken there though, so it's probably going to settle down in the next days.

Learning to live with just one arm proves quite easy, eating meat has proven to be the hardest so far, because I can't cut it into smaller pieces. Yesterday my mom had to help out, I felt like a little kid again! :4rofl: I hate it when I can't be independent...

Have college today, not looking forward to it too much...

Edited by Timotheus

Woooo, peeps can be a sucker for someone in a sling. Maybe you can turn your public outings into an outpouring of support and "awwwwwww" ...lol, at least for the wee while you've got to use this.

This would also be a good time to give up on meat, and get used to eating lentils full time and help save cows

:4rofl:

gogo

... eating meat has proven to be the hardest so far ...

I quickly learned to simply stab it with a fork and gnaw off a hunk. I still use that tactic when I'm alone. :4rofl:

What degree are you studying for?

Bachelor Scholarship. And yeah, that method *is* the easiest in this situation, however it's certainly not the prettiest of sights lol

And gogo, shame on you. I don't want to save the cows. If I don't eat them, the earth will get overpopulated with them, ruling the earth.

We don't want that to happen, now, do we? :4rofl:

Edited by Timotheus
A bit nauseous today, maybe it's from pain maybe it isn't. Was shocked when I looked at my waist after hitting the shower, the scratch/bruise there got a bit bigger and went all swollen. Nothing broken there though, so it's probably going to settle down in the next days.

Learning to live with just one arm proves quite easy, eating meat has proven to be the hardest so far, because I can't cut it into smaller pieces. Yesterday my mom had to help out, I felt like a little kid again! :P

Wow, you really banged yourself up seriously there Timo. You must have been running really fast when you hit that fence! Your nausea reminds me of when I broke my arm. The initial pain from it made me feel very sick to my stomach.

lol @ mom cutting food. Awh, mommy's little boy again, haha. I bet in secret she was loving that. :3lmao:

Hopefully in a week you'll be feeling a whole lot better. :)

Hmmm yeah, I'd like to think I can run pretty fast. :3lmao: Not as good at jumping fences as I thought, though...

It feels better right now, doesn't hurt that much, might try to keep off the painkillers tomorrow. Don't like taking pills.

The nausea went away, thankfully, now I hope it'll just heal fast.

Also don't like the fact I can't earn my money now, I get money from work without doing anything for it... Feels weird, never had that before.

Anyhoo, I'm back to watching American Gangster, movies keep me entertained! :P

Edited by Timotheus