Apparently the ideal amount of hours a human body needs to sleep is 8 hours.

I usually go to bed at midnight and wake up about 6am so I guess I'm losing 2 hours a day.

But I seem to be coping ok with life in general, though at times I do yawn at work....perhaps that's more to do with the job? :twitch:

I was just wondering how many hours you guys find yourself nodding off to. sleeping.gif

stubbs

I usually sleep for about 7-8 hours. But when I work morning shifts I rarely get more than 3-4 hours, so sometimes I may need/want a little nap after work :twitch:

:whip:

Edited by toret

Hmmm...if my mother realize or catch me I go to bed at 23 o'clock and wake up at 6 am. Means...7 hours?...hmmm I'm never tierd though.

4 is a typical REM sleep cycle, so it is believed 8 is the best. The cycle does vary depending on the person.

I try to get 8, but I have Tinnitus so I can't really control my sleep. End up having 4hrs some days, longer than 8 hrs the others. Not healthy I know, but since there isn't any real treatment for Tinnitus I make do as best I can. :twitch:

Mostly Ive been getting 4-5 due to stress and being unable to shut off my brain... if I can get to sleep, I haven't been able to get more than that in months actually.

I end up in bed ready to sleep at 12/1am (start getting stuff ready for the next day at 11pm) and then I kinda get up at 5am and really get up at 6am (5am littlest one comes in to sleep drink his milk and cuddle with mom) . so 4-6 seems to be the norm on work days. on thw weekends I play catch up and get 6-7 hours ... not much can do when you work full time and then come home to make dinner and get 2 kids readyfor bed who share a room and you have to stagger their bed times or no one sleeps. and I need a certain amount of ME time or things get ugly. I know I'm paying for the lack of sleep as I can fall asleep at work without much effort but its the way things are. In a perfect world I could be a stay at home mom and get more sleep (sleep in til 7am and not have to do as much running around) ... life is far from perfect though.

oh well, I had this period in sacred where I tried to get my body used to sleep 3 hours a day...didnt sucsess to well... but it is from 3-5 hours depends on if I want to get just one more quest done (GW) or 10 more lvls over with (sacred) or just maybe a bit chatty (both) :twitch:

the worst part is that I got a school to wake up to also :whip:

I was onboard ship at one time in a situation where I was able to set my own hours. It seemed like I needed at least 6 hours sleep in every 35. I know there were some who thought I never slept! :twitch:

8 hours a day in total. But most are 6-7 in a row plus a nap of an hour tops in the afternoon to get me back to full strength. The bad thing is the 6-7 main hours sleep are from 3am to 10am so not the best or "ideal" time for sleep.

Minimum 8 hours, lol. For some reason I'm paranoid of losing sleep... When it's time, I just power everything off, and jump into bed, cuz I've had everything prepared in advance.

As long as, at work, I can tell myself I had 8 hours of sleep, I feel invulnerable.

;)

gogo

I normall go to bed at about 12 and read for about an hour. My alarm is set to go off at 6, but I usually snooze for about an hour...

I heard once that the US navy did a test on fighter pilots and found that their concentration levels where best with only 3 hrs of sleep a night. That won't be true in my case, I'm sure !

can't imagine what decent sleep is like, got sleep apnea. may spend 6hrs in bed, but don't reach rem sleep as I understand it due to having sleep disturbed constantly. then factor in a 5.5 month old and wife in the same bed, even a california king, isnot a good recipe for sleep. best sleep I get is 1-2hr naps on the soft leather couch in the afternoon with something boring like a documentary on tv playing. these only work if the dogs don't wake me or tivo doesn't switch to something like naruto.

what is bad for sleep is good for ogame. keep cargo fleet safe and keep sc raiding inactives almost all day and night.

Once clock reaches 23:30 during weekdays, its like someone hit the power off button for me. Within a couple mins its a serious probability I may actually fall asleep on the keyboard, just ask BHJ, he has witnessed it so many times when we are playing something and chatting over skype or other. I also wake up 10 mins b4 the alarmclock around 0630.

Weekends are a different matter with lots of ZzzzZzzzz

So totally around 6-7 hrs sleep during weekdays

Edited by Yaga

God I feel like the sleep guru here because of the amount I get. Maybe also age has something to do with it. You need less at 15 than you do at 65 ( which I will be in July) Normally I go to bed at 10pm. and get up at 6am to drive the wife to work, and sometimes come back and curl up with my dog in bed and grab another hour of sleep. attachment-190.gif

6 used to be a norm throughout school now 7-8 hours. I used to be able to REALLY sleep in on weekends but I can never go past 9 hours anymore ;) I wish we could sleep less and function the same, imagine how much we could get done....or not get done

And remember Leonardo da Vinci slept 2 hours a day and said anything more was a waste of time :P

Edited by locutus

5 to 7 per weekday - depends on how much coffee I had during the day. on weekends a little bit longer - 7 to 9. used to sleep more (once slept 24h straight - went to church (long time ago) in the morning, and after came back took a long nap - till next morning :P) , but after started ogame cant do it anymore ;)

Average sleep time is about 6h per night. I usually go to bed around 10-11pm and wake up at 5am to work. Too bad I am not earlybird so I sometimes take an hour long nap after work..

Edited by Obsession

I am lucky that I do get 8 hours in normally, a little longer on weekends, unless the neighbours start using those high pitched outdoor vacuums/blowers (worst invention ever invented, what is wrong with a broom anyway:))

I would say 6-7hours normally. From experience I know that 4h is the minimum if I want to be able to function normally the next day.

We all know that lost sleep cant be restored but, quote "the sleep system has a self-restorative function; a “drive” that will compensate for the lack of deep sleep one night by increasing the percentage of deep sleep you receive the next night". :unsure: However other factors also applies so its sad thet catching up on sleep doesnt really work.

Sadly around 4 - 5 during the week, though I can nap mid evening for an hour whilst watching tv with my eyes shut, though that doesn't count, I'll go to bed but don't usually sleep before 12 and 1am then up again around 5.30 - 6 am latest to start the day. Weekends depend greatly...if I have the kids home maybe till 8am if I am lucky....if they aren't here haha I have been known to wake up around 6am grab a coffee and a smoke and go back to bed until 2pm.....wooo hoooo but it makes me feel crap! too much sleep!

I'd love to average around 6 - 7 a night but I am used to the little sleep I get I guess.

Claire, have you found that you're drinking less coffee lately? It's weird, I used to be at jugs a day... now I"m down to one cup in the morning, a half/caf when I get home from work, and hot chocolate after that.

I'm really protective of getting a full nights sleep, and I feel "safe" with hot chocolate

:)

gogo

Hey gogo, I wish I still drink the same but I do have a huuuge supply of onic water at work too. My bosses bought an evil little coffee machine which sits in our office so we have non stop fresh coffee, though for every coffee I guzzle I do try to have a can or two of Tonic ....lol my fluid intake must be huuuuge. I do leave a lot of half drunk coffee's on my desk throughout the day though!

I tried cutting down my coffee intake but I am just hopelessly addicted....can't help it...I just love the stuff :)

• 3 weeks later...