if u think australian winters are cold...... try canadian winters... and I mean eastern canada. how about 3 meters of snowfall in 1 winter?

when I visited australia in july(winter), ppl were surfing at bondai beach....

• 2 weeks later...

At last I managed to find some regular work. It's a bit manual in nature because it's a cleaner job but it's no problem with me as long as I'm earning money. :D It's Monday to Saturday at night so my sleeping pattern would be affected a bit. Currently am assigned in Town Hall station but I will be transferred to Shangri-la Hotel tomorrow.

I'll take an aussie winter over what I get currently in new England for 6 months of the year... last year we had a week where the HIGH temp was -5 degrees Fahrenheit... the low at 7am trying to start my car was -27

im sooo jealous of u atm cyclops

ive been in aussie almost 2 years ago in december, nice summer time there

been there with 3 other mates and we were flashpackingrockon.gif

omg what I give to be there right now

have fun cyclops and dont forget to get a slap of VB stubbies ^^

have a great stay there

Edited by mcrar
im sooo jealous of u atm cyclops

ive been in aussie almost 2 years ago in december, nice summer time there

been there with 3 other mates and we were flashpackingrockon.gif

omg what I give to be there right now

have fun cyclops and dont forget to get a slap of VB stubbies ^^

have a great stay there

I find the summers here too hot. Temperatures can reach in the mid 40's C!! ouch!! I am not actually a beer drinker but I do like the beef and red wines here :D

At last I managed to find some regular work. It's a bit manual in nature because it's a cleaner job but it's no problem with me as long as I'm earning money. :D It's Monday to Saturday at night so my sleeping pattern would be affected a bit. Currently am assigned in Town Hall station but I will be transferred to Shangri-la Hotel tomorrow.

Hey there cyclops, I am glad you are enjoying yourself here in Oz mate. I know Stubbie would disagree with me, but your in the wrong city mate. Brisbane is THE place :P. I grew up in Hoxton Park way back when it was way out in the sticks, at a time when the train ended at Liverpool lol.

At last I managed to find some regular work. It's a bit manual in nature because it's a cleaner job but it's no problem with me as long as I'm earning money. :P It's Monday to Saturday at night so my sleeping pattern would be affected a bit. Currently am assigned in Town Hall station but I will be transferred to Shangri-la Hotel tomorrow.

Hey there cyclops, I am glad you are enjoying yourself here in Oz mate. I know Stubbie would disagree with me, but your in the wrong city mate. Brisbane is THE place :(. I grew up in Hoxton Park way back when it was way out in the sticks, at a time when the train ended at Liverpool lol.

That must have been ways back because the train now ends in Macarthur!! lol Anyway hopefully I will be able to visit more of the major cities soon. The furthest place I've visited so far is Wollongong and Stanwell Park.

I find the summers here too hot. Temperatures can reach in the mid 40's C!! ouch!! I am not actually a beer drinker but I do like the beef and red wines here :whistle:

U like the beef? Its great right...... almost everyday I ordered the surf & turf also called reef & beef :D :drewl:

If u really want a beef experince u need to go to Rockhampton

On our way back from our roadtrip we stayed 1 night in Rockhampton just to have a taste of Aussie finest piece of meat

Rockhamption is the beef capital of whol austalia , thats what ive been told :)

We had a nightover at The Ascot Hotel, which also had a drive in bottle shop.

Those drive in bottle shop are pretty known in aussie, just drive your car in, grab a few cold slaps / wine / rum / booze , pay and drive back to where ever u want :D

crazy stuff I liked it alot ^^ , just to be able to drive your can in a shop , thats nutz :D

20071228-910-Rockhampton-TheAscotHo.jpg

Anyway we ordered a piece of beef , all natural not even peper and salt, on a stonegrill

and its brought raw to your table, already cooking on 1 side.

We went like OMG u really weren't kidding this more than a inch thick o0

20071228-919-Rockhampton-TheAscotHo.jpg

and close up :D

20071228-923-Rockhampton-TheAscotHo.jpg

After eating this chunk of meat u feel like a god

Never had tasted beef like this before.

It was so tender they even gave a butter knife to cut it, couse the steak knife would mess up the structure of that fine piece of meat.

Edited by mcrar

I'll remember that place although from the looks of the beef it is a bit rare for my taste. But I would risk eating one instead of eating vegemite. I just can't understand the taste. Regarding those drive in bottle shops I am already quite familiar with them because my uncle drinks alot. :whistle:

I'll remember that place although from the looks of the beef it is a bit rare for my taste. But I would risk eating one instead of eating vegemite. I just can't understand the taste.

Well I dont like my meat rare. On the pic the meat is still grilling :P

The chunk of meat is brought to u on a 300 degrees piece of lava stone, so u cut itr up and grill it untill your likings.

So what u see is preperation for the slices of meat ull be eating when done :)

Look at the 1st picture how the meat is brought to u and at the 2nh picture u see the piece of meat is grilled further.

U also get your fries and veggies cold, so u can put em on the stonegrill.

Regarding those drive in bottle shops I am already quite familiar with them because my uncle drinks alot. :)

Totally understand u familiar with them, that is the 1st or the few 1st things u get to do when u arrive at australia ;)

But only was saying how crazy that thought is that u can drive your car into a shop.

Not even a drive trou at McDonalds would let u drive trought the shop, u always drive along on the outside of the building

PS:

Post some pictures if u can

Just to make me feel what im missing^^

• 1 year later...

Wow I havn't visited the site for quite sometime and I was really surprised when I saw the very festive theme!

Anyway at long last after 2 years my general skilled migration application was assigned a case officer. I just need a couple of police clearance (here and abroad) , proof of sponsorship from my uncle, proof of recent work and a medical exam (which I'll be having tomorrow). Good thing I'll be having a vacation in my home country starting next Monday so getting the police clearance there would be easier. Hopefully before the end of January 2011 me and my wife would be granted permanent residency here in Australia.

Hopefully before the end of January 2011 me and my wife would be granted permanent residency here in Australia.

Great to hear that you guys like the place enough to want to stay....hot weather and all. :drinks:

Hey there Jun, glad yer enjoying your time down under.

Maybe you can watch the Aussies being taught how to play cricket for the next couple of weeks ! Mwahaha ! :D

Steve.

Or watch them turn it around on the poms... :P

However, best of luck with the Application!

Hopefully before the end of January 2011 me and my wife would be granted permanent residency here in Australia.

Great to hear that you guys like the place enough to want to stay....hot weather and all. :drinks:

Actually that was my plan from the start stubbie and yeah I really hate summer here with those 40 C plus days. Good thing there is also winter here.

Jun.. still with us! :bounce: I can't believe how well the move has been going with you. Wishing you success for your permanent citizenship, and your escape from snow...forevah!

:D

gogo

Yeah gogo I'm still here but usually just lurking since I no longer play any of the sponsored games. Btw you must have mixed me up with someone else on the "your escape from snow" comment because there is no snow from where I came from. :whistle: Just had my medical earlier today and I can't believe that my blood pressure is at it's best since college. Must have been because my work involves a lot of walking and lifting.

lol, I know you're coming from Chicken Adobo world with no snow :P But now you've secured yourself forever from ...this!

Third day of snow... nooooooooooo

Jun, which games are you playing now...mostly browser,or did you buy another game?

:)

gogo

lol, I know you're coming from Chicken Adobo world with no snow :P But now you've secured yourself forever from ...this!

Third day of snow... nooooooooooo

Jun, which games are you playing now...mostly browser,or did you buy another game?

:)

gogo

Right now I am mainly playing Facebook games. I tried the Sacred 2 demo in my current PC but it is lagging a lot so I decided not to buy the game. Maybe in the future when I buy a more powerful PC I might give the game another try.

Hey there Jun, glad yer enjoying your time down under.

Maybe you can watch the Aussies being taught how to play cricket for the next couple of weeks ! Mwahaha ! :D

Steve.

Or watch them turn it around on the poms... :P

Hmmm, you might be right. Broad is a BIG loss. The game against Victoria is proving our lack of back-up pace bowlers..........G U L P !

Oh, and good luck from me with the application too.

• 1 month later...

Finally submitted the final documents that my case officer is asking for. Hopefully she would reply by next week. But I'm still hoping she replies this week :whistle: so that I can start thinking where I'm going to have another vacation.

• 1 month later...

The long wait is almost over. 2 days ago my new case officer just emailed me my pre-grant letter so all I need to do is send my travel itinerary then 3 days after exiting Australia they would be sending the actual grant for permanent residency. Me and my wife will leave on March 21 for another unexpected but much needed R & R. I have been getting on only 5 hours sleep the past two weeks because I have a morning job and an evening job plus school. My new case officer told me that my old case officer was transferred to another area 6 weeks ago. That "6 weeks ago" coincides with her last email to me. If only that didn't happen I would have gotten my residency last January. Anyway the important thing is it is here now! :drinks::drinks::drinks: