New Top 10's

hehe, yeah... I'm happy about that too. :thumbsup:

I'm assuming there are alot of personal NAP between Others and PAWNZ. ^^

BTW: What happened to Ogame section here, it doesn't look very active after Ike left.

The :thumbsup: was not a Top 10 (off by 200MM or so), but it did just edge out Gintukas as the biggest in Uni 9 (by 4.2 MM). Seems like a lucky break for MBJ as all indications are that Igs knew MBJ was online and just screwed up the recall. Oooopsie. Still, a ton-o-profit. The New Top 10 by Mika was at best ~15 MM loss, of course, compared to losing most of 1 BB . . . not so bad. Plus, killing off 102 RIPs is pretty amusing. OTOH, I killed off more RIPs than that . . . but they were mostly mine [/GoGo's]. :D

BTW: What happened to Ogame section here, it doesn't look very active after Ike left.

Well, I left, Master of the Nuts left, Llama left, Cyclops left, and GoGo left . . . and Yaga discontinued fleeting and started mining. So I do not think I can take all of the credit. Uni 9 is also continuing its decline, so a lot less posts by outsiders.

- Ike

It's an impressive list, Blade. I enjoyed seeing the number comparisons tween what was big in our day and now. And great seeing you come by and visit here again. Yeah, a lot of the old team with Ogame has moved on to greener pastures.... cough...games ... :dance: ...

Ogame for me...two years. It was awesome, but so much time, and pressure. I'm grateful though for the time I had playing with the clan, and everything it did for DarkMatters. Made some awesome friends, and we're gaming forward in new worlds.

:)

gogo

I too miss a few of my older friends in ogame that are no longer "active" Blade, Ike ( and his sheep) and Gogo who wiped out a player and allowed me to take over his account when he gave up ogame after that.

102 RIPs is pretty damn impressive.

Anyway, I'm done with uni 9 so that gives me less to talk about. I've just been lazy getting out of VM and doing the goodbye hit. I know Yaga is fleeting in uni 36, but that section here isn't too active. I could talk about my perpetual bad luck with moonshots, but I don't really see what that would achieve :P

I too miss a few of my older friends in ogame that are no longer "active" Blade, Ike ( and his sheep) and Gogo who wiped out a player and allowed me to take over his account when he gave up ogame after that.

Gak

did I do that?

:P

gogo

Yep you wiped out Darth Raider, he quit and I took over the account and you trembled in fearcwm31.gif Then asked me "Borg please oh mighty Borg don't hit me!""

damn I almost believe that fairy tale my self *lol*

Actually after I took the account we started talking and became friends friends3.gif

Edited by Borg

Ughh - Thats something I have not thought about for a long time. All the old players and friends that have now long gone. :D Makes me feel sad but also happy in that I stay in touch with many of them. I have pangs of envy at times that I am not yet free of the curse XD

Speaking of the decline in the Uni - How do you guys see it panning out? I once thought it would stabilise but now I am not so sure :/

As to the hits - Obviously it stings to see Igs get Ninjad - I built nearly all those dessies and BC's myself :D

Mikas' however I think rocks - a few moaned about the no profit etc - but chances like that are few and far between. I know I would have done it in a flash :D

I don't know. If you look at the top fleets, they're (almost) all in the same alliances. It's damn near impossible for smaller players to get in on the action. Hell, 2 straight months of building probes only got me up to fleet rank 35. There's just nothing to keep the smaller players interested in uni 9 anymore. Short of PAWNZ, PurpleD, Others, and maybe MOB getting into a big war, I really don't see anything of interest happening in uni 9 again.

Edited by th3undon3on3

Good thoughts, nice to see you (gogo and Ike) keeping informed on ogame. :P

Misiek vs Cam: Your thoughts on that?

I'm not sure, could be a push from Cam, but Misiek thought it was a good crash (Cam let him). I'm not sure of it, but something smells funny. Something if off kilter because Misiek, the "Polish King/Ruler of u9" is not telling the whole truth. :(

the general lack of activity has left it ripe for mindless farming to fight off general malaise. I just built nan7 just for fun. I am doing well and still climbing ranks due to what I think are good mines and mindless farming.

not too hard for smaller players to get into the action, just takes a bit more commitment than a few are willing. I am mentoring at one little guy and trade him the odd bit of stuff. not that mentoring from me is any solution... encouraging younger players to mine has been more difficult than it seems, takes a few hits before they learn to invest in mines, if they ever do.

as far as suspicious hits, the simplest explanation is often the most accurate assesment. if it looks like X, walks like X, talks like X and smells like X, it is probably X. substitute just about anything you want for X. saw a similar hit in uni20 with saint inquisition's old acct, oddly enough it involved at least one polish player too. the GO's quick action in regards to darksyren/psychosis stuff really impressed me, darn near restored faith in them after their general inaction and tolerance of 23hr a day players in uni20. perhaps they will get to the bottom of this in a prompt manner.

hmm - I don't know if I am missing something with the cam - Misiek hit. I see a few mentions that it's a bit dodge but all I see is Cam attacking Misiek >> Misiek Ninjas. Cam fleet saves badly you would have to assume >> Misiek Hofs him. As I said I have no real idea but as I read the posts I see little else. I can only imagine how Noorg feels :S I gather the main reason is that they used to be in the same alliance? That does look suspect but is Misiek not a different player of that account? He does mention in the first hit ( Ninja ) Cam is a noob etc.. and I reckon he seems a little familiar with Cam to not know him at all. I don't know. I do know nothing much shocks me these days as far as this stuff is concerned :(

I'm with Anestty on this one. Looks like Cam just screwed up. The only thing to make me really think different was the "noob came back" comment, but that could easily be explained simply by Cam falling into a ninja trap, which should be damn near impossible with the current activity system. I preferred when I could refresh my overview without letting everyone know I'm online. Luckily Gamestats likes to ignore the existence of one of my planets in uni 36, so I use that for staying hidden there.

Luckily Gamestats likes to ignore the existence of one of my planets in uni 36, so I use that for staying hidden there.

Hehe, you are a natural ninja. :D

@ trd: I remember that Saint ninja too, back when I was around more. Very similar, but I think both players knew what they were doing a little more than this case. :P

I'm with Anestty on this one too, it seems like what he posted in the general consensus on the matter. As for the "I reckon he seems a little familiar with Cam to not know him at all." ...only time will tell. Probably nothing, but when Cabe's (Sphen's) account gets cleaned, we can at least call it revenge for Noorg too, I suppose. :)

@ trd: I remember that Saint ninja too, back when I was around more. Very similar, but I think both players knew what they were doing a little more than this case. :D

saint had passed on the acct to some guy that was rumored to have paid for the acct. the acct that 'ninjad' into saints old acct was based in g1.219 if I recall right. I do think they were emboldened by recycling another acct in g1.220 that was in the same ally as the original owner of 219 was. in vmode for months, then magically out of it and crashed. I did mention the oddness of it, but as being an outsider, the obviousness of the whole situation fell on usual deaf ears.

but then again uni20 had always been a bit permissive in so far as playing within the rules. cheating was defined as being caught, not by doing. then they are only deemed a cheat if the ban actually sticks. if I recall right, there was one owner of the rank1 at the time (old ck acct) that was caught multi-ing while he was a GO. as is often the case both accts banned initially, top acct freed while the low ranked acct left to die in banned vmode until deleted due to inactivity.

I got to take a shower after all this talk of dirty things :P