Max Payne Movie

Flooxim

Hi there!

I saw this movie last week with my girlfriend, and I must say that I really loved it.

Here's some links :

French : French Link

English : English Link

It could've been more violent, but they decided to make the movie PG-13. But, I read somewhere that there might be a "special gamer edition" or something like that with the unrated movie.

Having played the games, I really loved how the showed each part of the game and the slow-motion scences.

If you have played the games (and liked them), go see this movie right now! I was almost speechless when the movie ended.

If you've seen it, tell us what you thought of the movie.

For my part, I'll buy it as soon as it comes on DVD. (I expect a end-February DVD release)

Max

Some time back I posted thread in SIF about this movie too and my thoughts haven't changed that much.. still don't know should I see it or not. PG13 sounds really bad and reviews has said that game fans don't find it any good and people that hasn't played it, says "you don't have to be played it, to understand it. How good it is."

Hitman movie was good, but not great. I suspect this one is ok, but not that good. Still... it's hard to tell, am I going to see it or not. I would more like to see the real version of max payne.. independent version.

• 2 weeks later...

I did go see it yesterday and like I thought.. it was not as good as games, but still better I thought in overall. Whit better actors, better production and whit blood flying out of everywhere it would been great movie. Now it's just good. And only because the last 30mins of the movie was any good..

Mark Wahlberg is a terrible actor and should not ruin any more good films. Better choices for this role would have been Dean Winters (who looks and sounds like max payne in the game) or Edwart Norton. They would been able to bring the darkness of this character more alive.

Also the writer and director of this movies should have take more from the game and less made up by themselfs, as all they have added has no purpose in this movie. Lot of stuff should have been left on the editing room (like most of the movie from the start). I bet this movie would be much better whit better editing.. maybe shorter, but hey this is made so quickly I am impressed how much good stuff there was.

hmm I've get that film, but had no time yet to watch it.

Although my bro watched it, and I saw mostly bad comments of it. Everyone expected better...well we'll see...

:P

• 1 year later...

Its a pretty good movie. I saw it in theaters. Could have been better. There are some nice action scenes as well as that hot chick throwing herself at him. Pretty good all in all. However, The Punisher is better.