Timo's Manga Thread

Timotheus

Captain Harlock was indeed a manga series first before it got an anime adaptation, which later it got a 3D movie adaptation in 2013. It's a classic either way.

As for Saitama's secret to his power, don't forget to a) eat three square meals a day (a banana for breakfast is enough), and b) NEVER turn on the AC during the summer or heat during the winter. ;p

• Like! 1

Manga is drawn on the page. We'd call them comic books in the west.

Anime is animated video, I think it's a loanword that comes from the English "animated" actually. Oftentimes a popular Manga will be adapted into Anime.

Hentai means "pervert" in Japanese. It's the adult stuff. Usually refers to Manga but I guess you could apply the term to Anime as well to indicate that it's X-rated.

• Like! 1
  • 4 years later...

Sooo... :whistle:

I've just moments ago finished reading Akame ga Kiru! also known as Akame ga Kill!
Loved it! Teaser: 

Tatsumi is a fighter looking for work in the big city, who just got robbed by a pretty girl. But his luck seems to be looking up, as another pretty girl has taken him in. What he doesn’t know is that this girl is about to be visited by a group of assassins (including the girl who robbed him). And they might be the good guys. And they might be recruiting...

Also since my update in 2014 (been a while):

Finished:
- Fairy Tail 
- Cradle of Monsters 
- Apocalypse no Toride 
- Assassination Classroom 
- Manga of the Dead (8 oneshots) 
- Deathtopia
- Tokyo Ghoul 

Stopped reading:
- Drifters
- Terra Formars
- Re:Monster
- Death Edge

On pause:
- One Piece > I've just completely forgot up to where I've read it :3lmao:

Currently reading:
- Goblin Slayer
- Solo Bug Player

Related reads: 
- Finished Ability (manhwa)
- Finished Soul Cartel (manhwa)
- 'Finished' Kingdom of Zombies (manhwa)
- Stopped reading City of Darkness (manhwa)
- Stopped reading TAL (manhwa)

That's it. I think. LOL

Edited by Timotheus
  • 1 month later...

Sooo... In about 1,5 weeks time I've finished reading all of the ~200 chapters of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. 
The story begins when a young boy finding his parents slain by a demon, only then to find his sister being turned into a demon herself. He then sets off to find a way to make her human again. Very well-written, captivating, and nice artwork. Highly recommended. 

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently devouring the releases of HIVE, which technically is a manhwa. 

A brief description of the HIVE manga:
This is not a typical invasion story. Gigantic oxygen-doped insects try to control mankind by turning the food chain around. Lee is a middle manager in a large corporation with only one thing in mind: to save his family from the beetle insect apocalypse.

I find the Korean take on end-of-the-world stuff really "vibes with me" as the hip kids say these days :lol:

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

Timo did you catch Netfli'x new release Blood of Zeus? thoughts? or too mainstream? I just love those old instruments they use in the scoring of this... oboes, and loads of strings... and more oboes!

:)

gogo

p.s. lol Flix isnt a fan :lol:

Didn't catch it. I checked the trailer and to be honest I'm siding with Flix on this. It just does not seem like an anime I would enjoy. 
To be fair, I like my anime techy or fantasy, preferably a little dark and some sprinkled gore. :cha(18):

Did you see Dante's Inferno?

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
7 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Did you see Dante's Inferno?

The one from 2010?  I loved that one!  I remember I had been writing a paper for a Medieval Literature class on the Inferno.  I rented that movie from Blockbuster in the summer of 2010.  One of the last times I ever visited Blockbuster.

• Like! 1