Dragon Boat Racing or Boxing

Hello... /blink

So as you might know, I like to dragon boat because I like to have fun in the water! ... I made really good friends in a highly competitive team in Montreal (we are in the top 10's among 100's in the mixed division (2 genders))

Well, I had a talk with Gogo, and he suggested to talk this in the Forum so that you guys can council me /lol

He asked me what bugs me ? what happened ? It took some time to know what was the honest answer. At first, I would say that it's because of paddlers leaving or absent. captains quasi absent ?!?! But it wasn't because of that !

Yes, it is lame that people leave and come. Deep down, I think I know the answer : it's not about the competitivity but the unity.

I don't feel that the team has a really good team spirit. we ve been together for a whole year working towards a common goal, to paddle amongst the best. but that dream was sort of shattered. I don't want to part of a REBUILDING TEAM every YEAR! It's just doesnt' make any sense. Do we have to restart from the beginning everytime ? it frustrates me.

Perhaps, that was the honest reason that gogo was looking for.

As for boxing. I am not sure whether I want to do boxin in lieu of dragon boating. I want to...maybe because it's so individual ? do you guys have done boxing or martial arts ? If yes, please give me some insights!

I have done Kungfu until green belt, but it wasn't a very satisfyiing experience. it happened when I was around 10 years old. the competion was just not there. I am not an aggressive person. but I like learning new stuff.

So I have to decide whether this year I am going to invest in dragon boat or boxing! Help me pls

but I like learning new stuff.

Well then I'd suggest boxing! I can even help you get started. First. Close the flaps on the underside and tape them shut, then... :)

hehehe :D

Heheyhey /lmao

Schot thanks for the suggestion :P

ERialc- /devil never thought of doing both- good question /woot

but now that I thought of it, no I can't

due to the following reasons :

1. cost - both expensive sports are expensively expensive

2. time - it takes too much time and energy to invest myself in one activity

3. motivation - Dragon boat- I have friends, but the team spirit is absent. I do not have faith

Boxing- I know no one- but when I visited the boxing gym there are many cool people there-

They do lots of cardio, and technique- pretty much what I have been doing on the boat!! but I think I will be making more partners than friends

what do you think ?

Guest gogoblender

Boxing is really dif from dragon boating

from boating you get a lot of energy from the team

from boxing a lot of it is derived internally while in the arena

I'd suggest goin down to the place where you first got info from, walk in and just hang there fer a while and watch.

check out how eveyone is with each other and see whether or not this is for you.

Atmo, attitude, professionalism

is this for wellbeing?

toning?

taking ogame out into rl and givin others the beats?

I figger you'll pretty much know when you walk into the boxing area and see what it's all about.

boxing is intense and extreme...my cuzin used to do it heavily for a while until my uncle got him to stop

the conditionning is incredibly intense and is very finickl on finding people who connect with it

time consuming, blood draining and cartillage damaging, he waked around with a crooked nose fer a few months before the surgeons used a hammer and saw to knock it back into shape

he's still a candidate fer teh next pinochio film that comes along

heheh

anyway, do the research

yer gut will tell you what's the best fit for you

cheers

:P

gogo

Freakisly AWESOME! /rofl

I just got home from my boxing lesson and my coach complimented me!!

/woot /woot /viking

I just feel like hitting the whole night long! but coach said not to over do it hhe /rofl I told him I am going back tomorow!

The only thing is that I forgot that I am supposed to have an 2 hour intensive dragon boat practice nearly at the same time!!

/sad ah well I guess I am gonna go boxing since I paid for it... /oooo ..

GOGO....I feel bad for your cousin for his nose and for his father lol. I wish I were as good as your cousin though. is he from montreal too :)

Guest gogoblender

yeah he's from mtl, and a pretty competitive little dude as well.

my uncle took him outta boxing and put him in basketball instead

right

heh, anyway...glad, yer first time in the ring went good

let's hope you get away with a good nose fer awhile

gluck

:(

gogo

Cool Cool for your cousin!! maybe your cousin is allowed to teach me some moves :( I dont want to anger your uncle tho lol....

your uncle seems more powerful than your cousin lol

/sad Unfortunately... I have a bad nose

THe thing is that I have trouble breathing at times because there was a septum narrowring and obstructing the narine. THus, making one side bigger than the other. and When the wind comes in from the outside, I get blocked nose :(

So my nose doctor (not a plastic surgeon lol) did cut off part of the septum. and I did great for a while. I am just scared that the septum might close up again. and my nose has been blocking for some time now. Therefore, I am going to see my nose doctor next week!

P.S. I am not in such an advanced level yet to get hit on the nose lol /rofl

WOOT /woot Boxing hey?

Sounds very cool HK /thumbsup ....but pulease be careful...I am sure it is a lot more dangerous than the dragon boat racing! /unsure

And good luck with the nose doctor, I hate having a blocked nose when I have a cold, I cant imagine what it must be like for you.....make sure you protect that nose of yours /viking, the sense of smell is so important especially when it comes to food /drool

I did! I did! I did!

OMG- I did exactly what you asked- however there's no boxing on the face- I have to keep it good looking B)

Anywyas I am extremely tired- I did more than 2 hours of punches and jabs, then I went in the ring and faced my first friend and my first oppenent! He's philippino and he is quite strong too!! MAN! is it crazy- we were like punching each other close to the word "fierce" /viking /viking /viking

I hurt myself as I was not thinking....I bit my lips while I got punched on the arm!! /whistle

wow HK It sounds excellent!! Apart from biting your lip lol!

Boxing is such great excercise!

WooT...now don't forget no more biting and Gratz you seem to have found something you're getting a huge buzz from :D

wow HK It sounds excellent!! Apart from biting your lip lol!

Boxing is such great excercise!

WooT...now don't forget no more biting and Gratz you seem to have found something you're getting a huge buzz from :P

Merci! /thumbsup