Sacred 2 Guides - BeeEffGee

some of you migth remember my seraphim bfg guide from sacred one, so I decided to make a new one here in sacred 2

this is not a finished guide at the moment but I will update it later.

I am currently on the secund verson (first died at level 36 or 37, dont remember :4rofl: )

level 2- Tactics lore ---------------------- BeeEffGee will boost this skill. put points in this skill every now and then to be able to modify Combat Arts from warrior Aspect

level 3- Ranged weapon lore-------------BeeEffGee will boost this skill. you dont need more than one or two points in this skill

level 5- Armor lore------------------------Try to keep armor lore high enogh to keep you around 100% armor penalty reg time or less

level 8- Revered Technology Lore------- Ponits in here for critical hits (wierd thing, dont seem to increase dmg)

level 12- Concentration------------------- Try to keep concentration pretty close to your own level so you will be able to keep 3 buff's up at level 80

level 18- Revered Technology Focus---- When you want tu upgrade your BeeEffGee level put some points in this skill so the regeneration penalty wont be to high

level 25- Warding Energy Lore----------- pump this skill up, this keeps you alive

level 35- Exalted Warrior Focus---------- whenever the Warrior Combat Arts have a too high regeneration time put skill points in this skill

level 50- Combat Discipline--------------- just a few points in here will boost your Combat Arts damage

level 65- Toughness------------------------try to put a point in this skill every level or more all the way to 200

Combat Art's

This build is a balance between Revered Technology and Exalted Warrior Aspects

Revered Technology:

BeeEffGee (buff) ------ This is your weapon, level it up whenever it needs a upgrade (look at weapon level)... Modification: Damage... Damage... Optional

Warding Energy (buff)- This is ypur main defese, keep it at a decent level... Modification: Stronger Shield... Optional... Optional

Exalted Warrior:

Soul Hammer----- Reg time 2-6 secunds... Modification: Critical Hit ... Optional ... Optional

Pelting Strikes --- Reg Time 2-6 secunds... Modification: Optional ... Optional ... Optional

Battle Stance (Buff)- This is the buff you equip when you have 75+ concentration... Modification: More damage dealt ... Optional ... Optional

For this build Endijian's Artifacts IS prefered

Edited by Erling
  • 1 month later...

Nice post there :woot:. I'm currently basing my build on this guide, with a bit of changing up. I found it rather funny when one of the Inquisition dropped a BeeEffGee rune back in Monastery of Light, so pretty much I was wielding one from the start.

Since it's my first post, I'd like to say hello to everyone that may read it ;)

Your guide works like a charm. Great work! I would really like to share some ideas though :(

2 days ago I started a BFG Seraphim based on your guide directly on Silver difficulty (bronze is a moot in my opinion). She got her first BFG rune through rune trading with the master after the quest (at level 3, sheesh, keeping in mind I ran straight away to Sloeford to do that), but that was ok.

I don't know whether you took into account the map exploration in the build (since some people tend to explore and area 100% while others just pass through it if it's irrelevant to the main quest), but if people tend to explore, I would say that:

level 25- Warding Energy Lore----------- pump this skill up, this keeps you alive

level 35- Exalted Warrior Focus---------- whenever the Warrior Combat Arts have a too high regeneration time put skill points in this skill

these two should be swapped. I took Exalted Warrior Focus on 25, since I wasn't even entering Thylisium (and the Gar'Collosus is miles away), and was using BFG and Battle Stance (which is based on Exalted Warrior) as buffs. This is a recipe for 1-shotting even the champion mobs, which means I hardly take any damage that would dent my seraphim's HP lower than 80%. As such, I'm planning on taking Warding Energy Lore on 35, or depending on the way the game unfolds, even at level 50.

I do realize that for people who tend to explore less, my idea may not actually work, but if one would like to experience the entire game as it is - beautiful and diverse, exploration of the entire map is a necessity :P

heh, thanks for the positive reply. I play online so I dont really follow the main line to much so I go harder areas earlier, but whatever works for you is the best for you ;)

I hope you have fun with this

I will most certainly have :( With any luck (and by that I mean my spare time) I may come and play online as well. Then I guess I'll follow your build to the letter ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I`m playing the build as I love the seraphim and prefer a more ranged playstyle. So far it looks great, but with regards to the combat discipline. Can you tell me why you went for this, as I would love to take either bargaining or enhanced perception, and think that this is probably the most likely to be dropped!

You say that a few points will boost CA damage. Would that be a great amount, and would the build have the points to pump into bargaining or EP?

It depends on your play style - whether you'll use Combat Arts or not. I must admit I'm asking myself the same question - why do I need CDiscipline? The only reason that comes to mind is the fact that when you reach Platinum and Niobium, you may need the extra damage. I am very close to dropping out CD, but still, I'm a bit unnerved. Will a build without CD survive niobium? Will the godly BFG be enough to get you through it with hardly any Combat Arts used? I can't tell, and I'm only 2 levels away from the final pick. However, my build slightly differs from the one Erling posted:

level 2 -> Tactics

level 3 -> Ranged

level 5 -> Concentration (use BFG and Battle Stance straight away)

level 8 -> Enhanced Perception (start making XP and MF sets of weapons and armor straight away, since this skill will straight away open up the respective mods for items and if you keep pumping it up, the +XP/MF will rise as well. This will keep you alive and powerful)

level 12 -> Revered Focus (to mod the BFG. Since 5 points on Concentration will open it, revered lore is not needed. You can pump it up to get a better weapon as well. Mine is 20 levels over my Seraphim's level and there are no penalties. Just don't put too many points here. Spend them here only if you feel the need of a better weapon - for example, at level 63 I have only 22 combined points here)

level 18 -> Armor Lore (armor is for wussies, as Unipuma said - and I support that! So delay picking it. You already have an overpowered weapon in your hands, so the mobs will rarely have a chance to swing at you. At this point I had about 340 def with 35% XP per kill with the shield and pistol, which is rather low at this point, and I never even got approached by a mob)

level 25 -> Exalted Warrior Focus (You will actually find out that you're using Soul Hammer, Pelting strikes and Dashing Alacrity from time to time. Pump this skill up to get better regen time on them. Keep them at 5 seconds maximum. They still do some nice damage to bosses even at CA level 1. Mod the Battle Stance buff ASAP to become an even greater killing machine - with Aggression, Flexibility and Retaliation for example)

level 35 -> Toughness (To reduce the damage you take. I feel confident that this skill will pay off in niobuim big time)

level 50 -> Warding Energy (Charity is level 63 and I'm still using BFG + Battle Stance buffs I started off with. I will add it when I get my 3rd buff. Actually, I may even have kept it for a last pick the way my game is unfolding)

An addition to that, I'm thinking of getting a mount - either with Exalted Warrior boost or Evade boost. I'm delaying that decision, since I still don't know which one will be better. And since you can ride it without the need of the riding skill, I see no problem making that decision later on in the game.

NOTE: I'm not using the BFG weapon at all. From level 9 I'm on Djalek's Annihilator or Pulsar guns + shield for more XP per kill.

As you can see, I didn't take Revered Lore. I didn't find much sense in it, since it will only add Crit chance and you will hardly use something more than an Archangel's wrath (which takes time to do, and my Seraphim already blasted 3 shots with the gun for that time). Pumping it up constantly only because of the crit chance didn't look good enough. I'd rather spend my points elsewhere, and that was my reasoning to pick enhanced perception instead of it.

Now I'm on level 63 with just 2 levels away from the final pick. What this build lacks, is CA damage increase. Combat discipline may well provide that. However, I'm still rarely using any Combat Arts, but I'm still in Khorum on silver (imagine what that XP per kill modifier does to you in terms of levels). I'm just not sure whether to play it safe, or go for another skill like Speed Lore/Bargaining/Combat Reflexes/Spell resistance.

I will not take bargaining, since I have a dryad trader, and she sports some amazing combined 78 points in bargaining at level 35, so I won't need it. But all of the other skills are important, and I was thinking of making 1-skill combos and with Combat Discipline, they will rock. This is my reasoning to take Combat Discipline in the end. If it happens to be a futile pick in niobium, I'll accept that, beat myself with it on the head, and let everyone know. I just can't dismiss the fact that Niobuim is downright hard. I know how it was in Sacred 1 and every singe skill that will support your char through it will count.

So this is why I'll take Combat Discipline, but I will pump points in it regularly. It will add damage, it will decrease the regen time of Combat Arts. I will, of course, be counting on my dryad to shop some nice +all skills/+ death blow and/or +crit/ + death blow rings and amulets. This should offset the slightly lower crit chance this build will have.

Edited by Dobri

Hey, Erling! Love the build (we made the same one with only one diff, I don't have CD skill in mine). I'm wondering about the mods for the bfg. Is there any point to taking at least one regen or is taking both damage mods kind of a trump to the reduced regen times? I ask this because I'm using Combat Arts with my bfg and the regen times get kind of stupid on the bfg. Coupled with the two other buffs. . . ouch. To me it seems like it'd be a good idea, but there's something like 400+ damage that I'd be missing out on and I'm not sure if that's worth it (Combat Arts can't really make those kinds of points up).

If you want to play a BFG Seraphim, you cannot deprive yourself of the weapon damage damage that the mods increase. So the best BFG modding is: Damage/Damage/Accuracy. If your CA regen times are way too high, invest points in the required focus (exalted/revered), concentration and armor lore to lower them.

Von Bek, I'm intrigued. Which Combat Arts do you use?

It depends on your play style - whether you'll use Combat Arts or not. I must admit I'm asking myself the same question - why do I need CDiscipline? The only reason that comes to mind is the fact that when you reach Platinum and Niobium, you may need the extra damage. I am very close to dropping out CD, but still, I'm a bit unnerved. Will a build without CD survive niobium? Will the godly BFG be enough to get you through it with hardly any Combat Arts used? I can't tell, and I'm only 2 levels away from the final pick.

Well my playstyle has usually been a very lazy 1. 1 CA as a primary attack and a secondary switch for boss mobs. As for nobium/platinum I have never reached that far, not making it past gold as yet.

Always restarting as I find the char sucks later. Even looking at builds, I end up switching, somewhere along the lines.

Like now lol. Your build changes make sense and allow for EP. I have a trader char but again being to lazy to mess about loading them up and runnning around looking for stuff, I want it all on 1 char lol

Ofc if I should try your build that will mean restarting as I have already taken Rev Tech Lore. :)

It depends on your play style - whether you'll use Combat Arts or not. I must admit I'm asking myself the same question - why do I need CDiscipline? The only reason that comes to mind is the fact that when you reach Platinum and Niobium, you may need the extra damage. I am very close to dropping out CD, but still, I'm a bit unnerved. Will a build without CD survive niobium? Will the godly BFG be enough to get you through it with hardly any Combat Arts used? I can't tell, and I'm only 2 levels away from the final pick.

Well my playstyle has usually been a very lazy 1. 1 CA as a primary attack and a secondary switch for boss mobs. As for nobium/platinum I have never reached that far, not making it past gold as yet.

Always restarting as I find the char sucks later. Even looking at builds, I end up switching, somewhere along the lines.

Like now lol. Your build changes make sense and allow for EP. I have a trader char but again being to lazy to mess about loading them up and runnning around looking for stuff, I want it all on 1 char lol

Ofc if I should try your build that will mean restarting as I have already taken Rev Tech Lore. :)

Well... you may get away without restarting. If you use Archangel's wrath, flaring nova and the other spells from the rev tech tree, rev lore and focus will surely do well for you. However, if you find yourself like me, using exalted warrior Combat Arts more than usual, then in my opinion, rev lore is sort of useless... And besides, about all that restarting - I feel for you. I'm the same - this is actually the 4th BFG Seraphim I'm currently working on. The first 3 were all deleted (inventory saved, of course) because they just didn't perform as well as I expected.

Until this one :) Gaining levels like crazy, barely getting hit even without Energy Shield up and running... It is then, when you realize that you are starting to enjoy the game and to like your character :)

Edited by Dobri
Hey, Erling! Love the build (we made the same one with only one diff, I don't have CD skill in mine). I'm wondering about the mods for the bfg. Is there any point to taking at least one regen or is taking both damage mods kind of a trump to the reduced regen times? I ask this because I'm using Combat Arts with my bfg and the regen times get kind of stupid on the bfg. Coupled with the two other buffs. . . ouch. To me it seems like it'd be a good idea, but there's something like 400+ damage that I'd be missing out on and I'm not sure if that's worth it (Combat Arts can't really make those kinds of points up).

hey Von Bek :) well, it all depends on your play style, myself, for this build I like massive damage with spikes now and then by Combat Arts, but some prefer the attack Combat Arts as the basic attacks and wants lower regen, however I still recommend the damage bonuses as the reg time decreases in the higher level and with more points in the right skills.. remember its 200 levels and hunderds of skillpoints to use.

Form your toon after your platystyle, in sacred 2 I feel builds is more like a point in the right direction for a toon then a build you need to stick to all the way as its so many diffrent mods.

-Erling

btw, I know I repeated some of Dobris points but as the post was adressed to me *proud* I wanted to state my full personal opinion

Edited by Erling

Just got done with class :) Thanks for the info. In response to Dubri's question (What Combat Arts do I use), I'm currently testing which ones, but primarily Pelting Strikes, Archangel's Wrath, Flaring Nova, and Dashing Alacrity. Sorry for the delay, but class, I have to go :)

Well, with this posture, Revered lore is actually required in order to get better Area of Effect Combat Arts. In that case, Erling's build will be the better one for you, since it will focus on the Combat Arts you will actually use :)

Well, using this build, with the changes proposed by DOBRI, I must say that single mob damage is off the charts lol. I`m at 1k damage at level 39, which when you compare that too my 50 dryad(seriously messed up build though), which can only manage 600, is amazing. The BFG weapon is defiantly what it says hehe. It maybe due to the higher buffs, as I`m not really a heavy CA user, The regen is about 7s, when I do need it, but at moment, even on silver, I can 1 hit normal mobs, and 2-3 on champs.

It is lacking in Area of Effect/multi mob damage, but defensively, she can take it.

It will get better :D At level 69, with level 72 djalek's annihilator, she does about 2.5k damage with battle stance and 1 or 2-shots normal mobs on gold, which more than suffices to keep her alive and get the BIG XP bonuses (at about +89% now, should've been over 90, but I accidentally sold a belt that was increasing it even further). With the BFG weapon her damage is once again off the scale - over 4k, more than enough to keep everyone at bay... save for those ghost thingies in the jungle.

However, what the BFG build is lacking by default is the Area of Effect. I've been experimenting with the Nova in the revered tree, but it doesn't cut it. The weapon damage is just way better than that skill. It's much better to slap a 1-shot on 5 mobs that surround you than wait for 3-4 nova casts.

a way to deal Area of Effect is a right modded Assailing Somersault, its not the most powerful but still, Nova is most useful to stun in higher levels, for me anyway

I should add that with each passing level, I'm thinking that since I use hardly any Combat Arts (don't need to use them at all) bargaining is starting to look better and better instead of combat discipline. A well-built equipment of rare items may well outgun and outplay even a set or a full unique item equip - since you can't just expect the game to give you exactly what you need. However, while shopping for rares, you can well influence that. Besides, with all those money piling up, there is no better use for them. I guess I should start a new BFG Seraphim to try this out...

Edited by Dobri