SacredWiki - Interactive Sacred 2 Map of Ancaria

Ok... I'm not sure what's going on here but I'm completely perplexed. I have been having a terrible time connecting to the Interactive map for about a week now but only on one pc here at home. On a spare pc the map seems to load reliably every time I try with it. Is anyone else having frequent trouble? I'm looking at it right now and on my main pc it has refused to load at all for days and days but on the spare pc it loads just fine. Ugh! I think when I set up my Hamachi that it kinda messed my net connection somehow... :evil:

This loading ok for everyone or no?

Map of Ancaria

Ah thanx Stéphane. lol @ :) Yeah, that's pretty much how I was feeling. ^^ Found what was causing the problem on my end. Whew!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Elestel, I know this his quite late in answer, but the dragon is there, Schot just added the cave structure leading to the dragon.

• 2 weeks later...

I skimmed the posts, so not sure if anyone said it already. There is a portal that's not listed on the path south of the Merigold fields in the swamp region. follow the path south and you will find it on a bit of high ground.

GREAT JOB on the map! I've been using this thing like once a day lol. Just started this game on console (PS3) a couple weeks ago, so still trying to figure it all out and this map is a great help. :crazy:

Thank you Megalink. I'm glad it's been of help to you. :) Might be time to update the maps eh? I'm going to see if I can do that in the coming weeks.

• 7 months later...

I am trying to print a full map of Ancaria which shows all the stuff you currently have on SacredWiki. BTW, great job on that. I am not figuring out the printing of the full map. I know it would take quite a few pages and I am great with that. I just can't figure out the 'how to'.Any help you give me would be appreciated.I originally tried having SacredWiki in one window and alt-tab between the two but Sacred2 is not real fond of that idea and often crashes when I have done this.

Hey hey there Celtic. I've been meaning to get that printable map out. At the moment I'm afraid I don't have any useful advice on the matter. Presently the maps available for download are of very low quality. Although they look pretty sharp online they don't seem to print out very well at all. I need to work on the quality of the map which I've been finding somewhat challenging. As soon as I've got it all figured out I'll be sure to post it!

• 4 months later...
*Crawls up out of the darkmatters dungeon*

Ok... So I've been a bit preoccupied eh. Here we are folks. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but this one... This one really only sends one message. Just how deep Schotie's degree of obsessive compulsive nature runs. :twitch:

Welcome to the SacredWiki Sacred 2 Map of Ancaria at last! This is more or less a starter map which I've been working on for about a month now that I'd like to make available to you guys for inspection and experimentation. The map has been uploaded to my Maplib account which provides Google Maps API interaction. There are some touch-ups I will be making yet and would also like you guys to have a look over it and let me know what mistakes you might find. (Be gentle! :P ).

One thing I noticed on this map (and on the ORIGINAL Sacred 2 map as well) is that the FOURTH leg of the Blind Guardian quest isn't marked. (It's easy to find if you're doing the quest, but your map has the path to Sonnenwind starting at the point you pick up the second guitar ... you still have to get the drumsticks from the Undead Camp at that point. :(

Is there a DOWNLOADABLE version of the Ice and Blood map ... some people dislike having to connect to the internet to view the maplib map :( . It doesn't apply to me anymore as I spent 45 minutes converting the 8 PDF files into a single jpg image :smart: , but I'm thinking of all the others who would prefer a single image file like that available for original Sacred 2 :D .

Whoops! Thanx for the heads up on that mistake Crashman. I haven't provided a jpg download yet but it's comin. Been trying to work out the kinks and whatnot. Keep an eye on the board. With any luck I'll be able to provide something tomorrow. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the downloadable version of this map and I also checked the online version just a minute ago, and I think there's one resurrection monolith missing. It's located roughly halfway between Thylysium and Sonnenwind, beside the main road, atop a small hill.

• 3 weeks later...

I registered here because I cannot download the map from the mediafire site, I even registered on mediafire to see if that was the problem. the message gets as far as 'starting download' but it never starts. I have tired in Firefox and IE and same problem. Is there another place to download the map? Thanks!

Reason I need it is I was a bit annoyed that the Sacred 2 Gold version didn't come with a map that the Ice and Blood expansion alone DID come with!

I registered here because I cannot download the map from the mediafire site, I even registered on mediafire to see if that was the problem. the message gets as far as 'starting download' but it never starts. I have tired in Firefox and IE and same problem. Is there another place to download the map? Thanks!

Reason I need it is I was a bit annoyed that the Sacred 2 Gold version didn't come with a map that the Ice and Blood expansion alone DID come with!

Welcome to Dark Matters!

Check this topic out. Schot put up a couple versions of a downloadable PDF map. This may be helpful

Ice & Blood Map for Print - Help Needed!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't think I ever expressed my gratitude for this map. I've been using it for quite a while, not even knowing who made it. So a big THANK YOU! to everyone involved.

The first version; of the map for original Sacred to figger out all the coding took him months to figger out and then put in place.

It was also maybe the first google map with api technology to be released for a game, and was quickly copied.

Game changer

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...