Best leveling place in all of Sacred 2?

This is the best spot in the world.

th_bestlevelingarea.jpg

It's down at the farthest South East part of ancarian map. You'll have to slog your way through the swamps to get the portal nearest it...but it's worth it. Swamps can be sort of okay, except for the fact that you have those undead skellies that keep coming back a few times before they die. Staying in that part of the swamp where skellies are will suck up your time and mean a less efficient leveling run. It's a time and damage sink...not at all useful for leveling runs.

For best leveling runs you need to find monsters that

• Spawn with highest density in small area
  • Give good experience
  • Have their lowest resistance either via Poison or Fire which are the DOTs.
  • And which stack on top of your Elemental Damage v.s. their weakest resistance tactic.

The Oims, Weaver Spiders and the werewolves will become your prey and they can be found south east of where most peeps hunt. If you want a simple way of getting the Elemental Damage v.s. weakest resistance strategy, Ice and Magic will work across all of those monsters in that small area.

However... you'll lose out on the Dot Strategy, which you want to have to clear screens very quickly. For that, you'll have to bring two weapons, both poison and fire damage.

In the area where you have Weaver Spiders and Olns, use Fire damage. In the Area where there are only Werewolves bring your poison to bear as they have massive fire resistances.

Happy hunting everyone.

:)

gogo

p.s. Tip: Always try to match the poison or fire DOT to a monster that has it as it's weakest resist. Key to finding good leveling run areas.

For my pure magic seraphim I find the jungle a very nice area to level.. Heaps of mobs that are easy to kill, doesnt hit hard, and give about the same xp as orcs and abit below..

Just teleport into the portal on the desert/jungle border, run southeast to the place where the Something Wonderful easter egg starts, enter the ruins to respawn creeps topside, then run down to the temple where you fought/fight the flying machine boss and hit F12..

Rinse and repeat for fast levelness :)

• Respect! 1

oooh, that was my favorite place too! I was always running between that one and the orcs. Both have their pros and cons. I've always found the drops to be much better in the jungle. But leveling in the jungle only uses Elemental Damage v.s. weakest resistance strategy. If you use the only element that the Jungle denizens are weakest to, Ice... it's not really a DOT and so you miss out on the extra damage and that comes out to more time spent.

Orcs are fantastic. Poison is a wonderful DOT and the orcs are weakest against it. You can really make levels fly here, but I've found the drops aren't as good.

And of course... jungle natives have packs of champs...tough ones (At least for me :))! lol, and they're buggy now so when they go invisible, you have to wait till it wears off and you can land more blows in, or just run away.

The new area I'm in love with allows both leveling strategies to be used, not one of the three monsters mentioned has ONLY resistance to ice or magic, hence we can switch between the two dots to maximize kill speed.

Xodusness, remember ingame once you were saying you wanted to find a place where the mobs were just streaming in?

This is the place ^^

:D

gogo

"and they're buggy now so when they go invisible, you have to wait till it wears off and you can land more blows in, or just run away"

Or have Reflect: Close Combat: 33.5% like I do, and just watch them suicide.

Their misses count as reflected (if you evade, they still get damaged their attack-power's worth).

I prefer the portion between the two portals (entrance of Jungle, versus port of Jungle). Or make a long run and go up to Dyr-Lain. Then from Dyr-Lain, teleport to the jungle entrance, or save, exit and start a new game.

I never worry about DoT. I use Magic because apparently Freeze only slows movement speed (good for Dryad...but otherwise). It's Weaken (Olms use it in Swamp) that slows down attack speed (grey cloud in the character's face).

So I mod both my swords to have conversion to Magic.

PS: I'd really like to know how to take screenshots without the relevant info (every menu etc) going away when I press print-screen...

Edited by Little Sara
  • 1 month later...

Posting back to this thread. It's still Swamps for me. I snack on Olms and spit em out as decoration.

I'm still using Fire... it works nicely... now I'm just wondering whether in a fixed comparison of kill speed times...would magic damage condition actually beat out a fire dot?

;)

gogo

Honestly gogo, when I've been in the swamp lately, I just go with poison... sure the spiders are a bit resistant to it, but they still die faster to it than weres to fire, and the DoT helps a lot too.

Of course the lovely rusty hue of weaken on your foes is quite useful as well.

As to the invisible garemas... as a Dryad if you can use DA against another mob in the right direction, the invisible one can get hit.

As to the invisible garemas... as a Dryad if you can use DA against another mob in the right direction, the invisible one can get hit.

Or try switching to a bow & using Ctrl-click to fire behind them.

Or try switching to a bow & using Ctrl-click to fire behind them.

Good point.

hmmmm, which makes me think the magic could do well... Do you think magican conditions actually compete effectively with the dots?

;)

gogo

Do you think magican conditions actually compete effectively with the dots?

They're all the same Gogo. Burnign is burning regardless of whether the target was set on fire from a spell or from a weapon.

I mean magical effect v.s. the fire dot effect...the two conditions... is there circumstances that magical would do better than the fire DOT? I love the fire DOT a ton... but that weaken condition sounds good...but would/could it result in faster killing speed>

gogo

Ahh, Weaken doesn't actually do any damage on it's own, IIRC, it reduces the stats of the weakened foe, but if you proc Weaken on a monster & then leave it, after a while it'll wear off & the monster will be the same as before. If you proc burning on a monster it'll take damage & it can die... Weaken is probably more useful for bosses, as it should make it easier for you to damage them (due to their reduced Dex) & reduce their chance to hit you & damage they do (reduced Str & Dex).

I received an interesting piece of info from the devs a few days ago, you can proc multiple secondaries per hit, but only the first one to proc will get a graphic. So if you had 100% chance to proc each secondary, you would always proc all the secondaries on each hit (assuming monsters don't have any mods that reduce your chance to proc secondaries).

Ahh, Weaken doesn't actually do any damage on it's own, IIRC, it reduces the stats of the weakened foe, but if you proc Weaken on a monster & then leave it, after a while it'll wear off & the monster will be the same as before. If you proc burning on a monster it'll take damage & it can die... Weaken is probably more useful for bosses, as it should make it easier for you to damage them (due to their reduced Dex) & reduce their chance to hit you & damage they do (reduced Str & Dex).

I received an interesting piece of info from the devs a few days ago, you can proc multiple secondaries per hit, but only the first one to proc will get a graphic. So if you had 100% chance to proc each secondary, you would always proc all the secondaries on each hit (assuming monsters don't have any mods that reduce your chance to proc secondaries).

This is excellent info Llama. I'll write that into the wiki sometime today.

:o

gogo

p.s.s. hah, I see you already did :D

I love Torrent's post here from the SIF:

"Swamp is THE best area in the entire game (in terms of xp/minute), for

any class that can Area of Effect, anyway. Start in the Southern town with the

portal and run around in a reverse L shape following the edge of the SE

mountains until you reach the watery patches (with the Olm's, Olm's are

bad), and then press F12 and port back to the southern town and repeat.

EDIT: Picture, red zigzags demonstrate that you can deviate from the

mountain a little for mobs. Sorry that it's in French, had to use the

boss map."

2ryhiky.jpg

No better leveling area exists in Sacred 2 because of this area's crazy crazy spawn rate. I have gone to all areas in game and timed with fifteen minute increments, and this particular small area is tremendously ahead of anything else in the game.

The thing to perhaps do when speccing your build out at the beginning and planning on making it to niob is plan on how you will get your experience at higher levels.

If you can spec so that you can take this area out very very quickly, you're set. And if your toons is primarily a close combat melee, then through some trick or whatever...be imaginative and find a way to make this area work for you.

Leveling in any other area in gold or above will have you miss out on the benefits of what this zone of the swamps offers.

Great map Torrent.

:weary:

gogo

I'll take a gander in it with Darth Vad- I mean Dragnilar (my Inquisitor). I've been very impressed thus far with how strong he has become. And also, judging on how he has faired against the likes of Olms and other detrimental magic casters... I can definitely say that Spell Resistance still works, despite the display saying otherwise.

Edit: I must admit, the experience is awfully nice. However, I prefer the Jungle Region south of Bengaresh/Khorium... mainly because the hero statues are easier to locate. But still, I can see how the Swamp could be better overall.

Edit #2: If you're curious, I mainly stick to the northern part of the jungle, starting from the western port town (I can't remember it's name off the top of my head) and loop all the way around down to where the Kral is chilling and then start over again.

Edited by Cthulhu
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried the Northern part...but I'm a huge stickler for timing my runs. Having to swig pots is a distraction to me and it's pretty much the only way to take out those irksome undead that just keep coming back over, and over, and over...

The skellies are fun to blow up though...probably one of favorite sounds in the game. But after I almost gave up on the Swamp a while back I just kept moving in and made a new home in the South Eastern Corner of the swamp.

:hugs:

gogo

• 2 months later...

I've come to understand that *cough* best leveling up spot in all of Sacred 2 is prejudiced towards non ranged builds!

Everytime I've taken my last couple of melee dryads in there they keep getting sapped by those awful awful spiders and their crazy damage/attacks that just all add up and before you know it you're redlining.

Anyone here know exactly what those spiders are doing and what is the best way to negate that damage?

:P

gogo

Have to say that area of the swamp is my favorite leveling spot. Though instead of F12'ing back I just cut over to the west and then south down along west side of the town. The whole area around Lizurath is filled with mobs :)

As far as the spiders go...other than some kind of poison attack I'm not sure

I've come to understand that *cough* best leveling up spot in all of Sacred 2 is prejudiced towards non ranged builds!

:dance:

Everytime I've taken my last couple of melee dryads in there they keep getting sapped by those awful awful spiders and their crazy damage/attacks that just all add up and before you know it you're redlining.

Anyone here know exactly what those spiders are doing and what is the best way to negate that damage?

gogo

Now you know how I feel... remember when I made a big stink about the spitting spiders in Sacred 2 a couple of months ago? Hmm?

As for what they're doing... physical DOTs. As for what to defend against it, the only thing that seems to really make a difference is constitution mastery or spell resistance mastery. You can try using -physical damage over time equipment bonuses, but I've never noticed those mods making any significant difference versus spiders.

Shadow Warriors & Grim Resilience helps a LOT too, but that's only if you're a SW :dance:

It's a shame that -opponent's chance to cause wounds bonuses are bugged right now and cause the player to lose a chance to cause wounds instead.

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, great info you guys! Cthulhu, you sher it's a physical D.o.t and not poison? hmmm,. this would explain why my attempts to socket poison dots were massive fails ^^

I'll try socketing some anti physical dot stuffs in a shield, and see what kind of a dif that makes.

Ty

gogo

Would an Area of Effect build like a Flaring Nova Seraphim work here? EX. If you took Easy Rider's Rev Tech build, would the build do mass dmg to all the things here?

I am testing out his build on my 360 and I like it so far, though as he said it is slow to develop.

Anyway if FN would work well here I am definately going to try out this area. After kobolds and the HE Thysilum area experience go down in silver, this would be a great place farther in the game to increase lvling rate.

Thanks for the info,

Bof

It does stun which helps out in pulling. If you can pull a ton of mobs at once and stun 75% of them, or better yet kill all of them in 1 Flaring Nova then your speed of clearing the area goes away up. You do not have to stop and heal when they are dead or stunned.

This also depends on how well all of them pull. I've found that most range enemies don't pull well. ( I am thinking spiders)