Best leveling place in all of Sacred 2?

• 4 years later...
17 hours ago, lujate said:

In vanilla Sacred 2, Jungle runs were my most favourite.   In I&B, I mostly did the first half of the Cursed Forest chain.

Thank you for the idea lujate. I will have to give that a try (when I get ready to) - My map is indeed from vanilla. I wasn't able to get a chance to play I&B yet. (the humanity!!! ) I was able to import it, but life took over and I was unable to focus on anything gaming for a while. I'm looking forward to trying it out. A nice little gift for me, to be able to experience something new in Sacred 2 (along with the Community patch) and I think I will be installing Flix's Enhanced Edition (even though I will be choosing the Original Spells for now).  (And the enhanced textures, even though I know they are for the vanilla parts of Sacred 2 only). I did enjoy having those when I played through the first time.

-DarkWolfNine

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

I'm biased of course but I think this is the ideal setup currently to play the game.  :D

The Original Spells version has become the "true" version of what the Enhanced Edition is supposed to be.  I keep "Enhanced Spells" available just for fun.

Highly recommend getting the "Elite Textures Trimmed" that dimitrius154 uploaded.  They're optimized for performance without a visual quality loss.

Thank you Flix! I did get the Trimmed version yesterday (along with the full on version that my own UK discs would have. But already digital :) )- I will install the Trimmed one, thank you!

I'm looking forward to trying out your EE. I can't wait.

Now the question becomes... Can I convince my wife to try out S or Sacred 2.... She isn't a big gamer. (Although She loved 7 days to die on PS4, and we dabbled a bit in Diablo 3 on PS4) I just am trying to get her to give PC gaming a try. - I'd love to co-op with her, if she'd enjoy it. Then the next step Pinky, is to take over the world! (aka get her to play online with me and this wonderful community, if it is possible still.. I haven't yet looked into Sacred 2 online since the servers went down!) :)
I might try the original Sacred Gold, to see if she can get into it. (Easier controls on PC due to the stationary camera). Then go for Sacred 2.

Edited by DarkWolfNine
  • Like! 1
On 3/5/2020 at 1:50 PM, DarkWolfNine said:

Jungle Run
For those interested. I have mapped out the path I made to get Dark Phantom (Inquisitor) up to Niobium. It didn't start out like this, but running loop after loop, I eventually found a couple extra turns here and there, that brought it to what is is today.

Keep in mind, that the loop might be able to be made bigger for some. But I could guarantee this loop would keep monsters flowing for me, so that I didn't miss my 40 second kill window (in order to keep my Soul Reaver buff building up. (I even got my Attack Value and Defense value over 4 million once because of that. Crazy high... I was only getting hit like once every half hour. I took a screenshot. I'll have to post it sometime. )).

I think this run is by far the best place for an Area of Effect character to level. (Well, I could be wrong. But I tested quite a few different places).. The monsters here, are in tighter proximity (because of the forest), and they respawn farily quickly. I would give it an A++ for Inquisitors and High Elfs at the very least. I'm sure it will also work great for any character too (Non-Area of Effect).

I created it at a high resolution, so that you could see the path easier. (especially near Kral area. (the Jungle Boss)) Feel free to shrink the pic, as needed.

Warning: This run contains Garema Ghost Warriors. If you have a hard time fighting them in ghost mode, then this run probably isn't for you.

Without further ado,

DWNs_Jungle_Run.jpg

View my Astute/Gruesome Hybrid Inquisitor Build guide
View my Jungle Run Map

The Garema Ghost Warriors... ! lol I remember the first time encountering them when playing HC... almost invisible and impossible to hit as our toon started to flash while taking damage and quickly redlining then screaming and rushing to make the mouse get the toon out of their way and into safely...

nasty!!

:4rofl:

gogo

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

The Garema Ghost Warriors... ! lol I remember the first time encountering them when playing HC... almost invisible and impossible to hit as our toon started to flash while taking damage and quickly redlining then screaming and rushing to make the mouse get the toon out of their way and into safely...

nasty!!

:4rofl:

gogo

Seriously! That was so terrifying to get to them your first HC run and see your health start to dwindle and wonder why? Poison, what? Then see those faint things and desperately try to get your toon to safety.

Seeing that huge flash of red that your health bar makes right before your about to make your grave and you see all of your toons experiences flash before your eyes.

So scary.

Then when your out of there and you catch your breath, realize your safe (for now), you grin with the adrenaline not yet dissipated, what a rush!

HC changed my outlook on how incredible games can be.

- DarkWolfNine

(Sacred 2 was the game that I tried HC for the first time)