How to get your Sacred 2 Unique Mount

Talk about a quest being a quest. Whew! gogo and I tag teamed against the forces of the Unique Mounts quest which was quite an undertaking. This was quite a learning experience and I am now able to really appreciate the work involved in creating a quest walkthrough like Promatolya made. :P

So here it is. For those who aren't sure you just follow the yellow brick road. Or rather the link just below. :P

Unique Mounts Quest Walkthrough

• 5 months later...

In the Sacred Wiki the starting point of the unique mount quest is listed at Orchish Byway. Did the location change during the rush to get the game to consoles, or are the Xbox and PC versions also at Urthak's Moxie and the Wiki is wrong.

Unless it changed on PS3 the first portion of the quest should be in Orcish Byway (the town next to Gar Collossus), when you get there there is an NPC with a yellow sunbeam shinning down on her, you talk to her to get the first part of the quest, that sends you to Urthak's Moxie, and from there you can complete it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

In the ruined village in the bloody forest there is also a quest, A roof over the head. The second "?" if you follow the main road in to it.

Might not be easy to do, or even to get there but but on open play players tent to do the normal one. And thus make it impossible to let anyone else get there, because the ship will not show up for them.

• 3 months later...
Is there any specific level you need to be able to make the quest / get the mount? Or can you run and get it at level 1? :bounce:

Yup, any level toon can do it :D

It's even easier if, instead of running, you buy a horse and ride like the dickens. You do have to complete the main quest first as far as Dragonmaw Pass in SP but can teleport past the pass in MP.

And completely the mount quest at level 1 would require some really good skill a more than a bit of luck. yes, it could be done in free play but you would most likely die in the process. I recommend a few levels before attempting. although at level 1 as long as you don't mind the deaths you could give it a try

Actually it is impossible to buy a horse at level 1 since you have to get to a horse trader first. That means several fights along the way and near the trader which will increase your level past 1 as the experience needed to get to level 2 is so low. I should have mentioned that earlier. My HE was level 31 and still took damage from arrows and close hits while riding the mount quest road from Dragonmaw Pass. So get some levels under your belt and ride like the wind!

I never buy a horse. You can't perform your Combat Arts from it and fighting from it doesn't go well. I always travel by foot until I got my special mount. So first on foot to Thylysium and Dragonmaw Pass and then to Black Oaks, Wargfels, Orcish Byway and Urthak's Moxie. Yeah, you can use a horse to flee and get tons of mobs right after you (which go back to their position after a while). However, you miss some xp and when fetching the map you run into several goblins and boars, who chase you all the time when you sit on your horse.

Just perform the MQ, fight your way to orcish byway and get the quest.

Actually it is impossible to buy a horse at level 1 since you have to get to a horse trader first. That means several fights along the way and near the trader which will increase your level past 1 as the experience needed to get to level 2 is so low.

That's assuming you kill anything on the way & that you're not in some form of MP & can't get a lift from a friend...

Actually it is impossible to buy a horse at level 1 since you have to get to a horse trader first. That means several fights along the way and near the trader which will increase your level past 1 as the experience needed to get to level 2 is so low.

That's assuming you kill anything on the way & that you're not in some form of MP & can't get a lift from a friend...

Okay Llama8 I got a question for you. I have not played MP as yet so I don't know the answer to this:

In MP does the person who teleports to mount isle to join another player after that player gets through the three test battles and gets his mount also have to go through the three battles? Or does the priest sell mounts to everybody in the party after only one of them gets tested? If the first scenario is correct then the joiner will increase his level from 1 by the end of the test if he doesn't get killed first.

Candesco, I do not ride any horse I buy until after the main quest takes me to Dragonmaw pass. After riding and getting to mount isle I use my unique mount to cover all the territory I rode through earlier and get the battles, quests and experience. So I don't really lose any experience or fun in the long run.

Yea, in multiplayer if one person in the party has completed the quest, then everyone can buy a mount.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess if you are a level 1 player you have to rely on the kindness of the other party members to accumulate enough gold to buy the mount?

Yea, in multiplayer if one person in the party has completed the quest, then everyone can buy a mount.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess if you are a level 1 player you have to rely on the kindness of the other party members to accumulate enough gold to buy the mount?

That would also be correct :)