How to get your Sacred 2 Unique Mount

Yea, in multiplayer if one person in the party has completed the quest, then everyone can buy a mount.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess if you are a level 1 player you have to rely on the kindness of the other party members to accumulate enough gold to buy the mount?

That would also be correct :)

And if you happen into a server with anyone from [D.a.r.k], you have a great chance of getting both the mount and a chunk of gold. We like to share. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just happened upon this forum while browsing the Sacred 2 wiki. Nice place you've got here.

I have a couple mount-related questions. I'm playing single-player Ice & Blood with a Seraphim who has recently completed the mount quest. I wanted a generic orange tiger with the evade mod on it, but the special mount merchant has never offered me one. He only sells the weird-looking ones that offer reduced cooldowns on one specific aspect. I'm level 40 or so. Are the "generic" ones only available at lower levels?

Also, I went ahead and purchased one of the Revered Tech tigers because the other one wasn't available. It's okay, but I'm noticing it is gaining levels very quickly. It's already level 50 and I've only been using it for a little while... the dumb thing is now giving me more of a penalty than it's regen bonus is worth.

I'm primarily interested in the mounts for looks & fun value, so I guess I won't be crushed if my game has been messed up somehow and I'm stuck using one of the mounts I don't really want...

With the addition of ice and blood you are unable to get any of the generic mounts. Unfortunately that's about the one disadvantage to the mounts, they level fast and end up providing a minor disadvantage to your regen. Still, compared to a normal mount not allowing the use of your Combat Arts I guess it's a small price to pay.

Aww, they took the generic ones out? That makes me sad for some reason. I wonder why they were removed... :)

In this case, can anyone point me toward which script file has the effects for the mounts in it? I've tried looking around in a few of them but don't really know enough about the variable structure used by the game to tell.

• 4 weeks later...
Talk about a quest being a quest. Whew! gogo and I tag teamed against the forces of the Unique Mounts quest which was quite an undertaking. This was quite a learning experience and I am now able to really appreciate the work involved in creating a quest walkthrough like Promatolya made. ;)

So here it is. For those who aren't sure you just follow the yellow brick road. Or rather the link just below. :)

Unique Mounts Quest Walkthrough

MountQuestPicture-1.jpg

Hi, I have a question about this quest.... I have just played Sacred2 for the first time (SP only) and have handed in the map but there is no boat when I go down to the waterfront.

Is this a bug (there seem to be quite a few so far), or have I done something wrong? Can somebody help me here pls, it would be appreciated :bow:.

Hi, I have a question about this quest.... I have just played Sacred2 for the first time (SP only) and have handed in the map but there is no boat when I go down to the waterfront.

Is this a bug (there seem to be quite a few so far), or have I done something wrong? Can somebody help me here pls, it would be appreciated :) .

After you get to the waterfront do you find and talk to the captain that is walking around? He is on the northwest side of the buildings with a ship's wheel icon over his head. It is the captain, not the boat, that teleports you at any seaport in Ancaria. Also, make certain your map is not zoomed all the way in or you won't see the mount island after talking to the captain.

Edited by rnarchlord
Talk about a quest being a quest. Whew! gogo and I tag teamed against the forces of the Unique Mounts quest which was quite an undertaking. This was quite a learning experience and I am now able to really appreciate the work involved in creating a quest walkthrough like Promatolya made. :)

So here it is. For those who aren't sure you just follow the yellow brick road. Or rather the link just below. :)

Unique Mounts Quest Walkthrough

MountQuestPicture-1.jpg

Is this a bug (there seem to be quite a few so far), or have I done something wrong? Can somebody help me here pls, it would be appreciated :) .

Welcome Jocz!

there are about 4 steps to the quest before you will be able to go to the island. As rnarchlord said talk to the captain and you will then see the mount island to teleport to.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies,,,,, there is no captain and no boat as indicated on the map in this post --- however, I gave up on looking and went west along the coastline until I found a captain near the orc town which took me to the island and I got my mount. ty. Looking forward to maybe playing online sometime soon as I get my wireless networking sorted out O-o.

Hey there,

I recently just set out to get the mount for my character but the boat is not where it is on your map.

I have looked everywhere...

is it a glitch or a problem with my game?

:sigh:

Heya,

might be a glitch. You could save at the monolith and reload your game, assuming that you are playing in campaign mode.

Another option is to take any other ship.... you could set sail from Thylysium for instance :sigh:

AND! Welcome to FDM!

Greetz

Hey there,

I recently just set out to get the mount for my character but the boat is not where it is on your map.

I have looked everywhere...

is it a glitch or a problem with my game?

:)

Just wondering, did you talk to the archeologist before and after finding the map? Was there a dock but no ship or did you not find either the dock or the captain by the waterfront? After you talk to him the second time take the path by him north to the buildings by the waterfront then head west to the last building and then north. Should be a dock with the captain pacing on it; if not either the game is glitched or you missed a step on the quest.

• 4 weeks later...
I never buy a horse. You can't perform your Combat Arts from it and fighting from it doesn't go well. I always travel by foot until I got my special mount. So first on foot to Thylysium and Dragonmaw Pass and then to Black Oaks, Wargfels, Orcish Byway and Urthak's Moxie. Yeah, you can use a horse to flee and get tons of mobs right after you (which go back to their position after a while). However, you miss some xp and when fetching the map you run into several goblins and boars, who chase you all the time when you sit on your horse.

Just perform the MQ, fight your way to orcish byway and get the quest.

Yeah, same with me...I just bought horse to travel across land, which is slower if to get by running. Whenever encountered with large mob, I would get back to my foot for fighting.

I never buy a horse. You can't perform your Combat Arts from it and fighting from it doesn't go well. I always travel by foot until I got my special mount. So first on foot to Thylysium and Dragonmaw Pass and then to Black Oaks, Wargfels, Orcish Byway and Urthak's Moxie. Yeah, you can use a horse to flee and get tons of mobs right after you (which go back to their position after a while). However, you miss some xp and when fetching the map you run into several goblins and boars, who chase you all the time when you sit on your horse.

Yeah, same with me...I just bought horse to travel across land, which is slower if to get by running. Whenever encountered with large mob, I would get back to my foot for fighting.

You can actually pick up the map while riding a horse without stopping. As you get close to it just hit "Q" and keep going right back to the archeologist. Yes, riding through the route doesn't get you XP but after you get the unique mount you can collect all the XP you want as all those mobs will still be there. I ride the horse to get my unique mount early in the game before I do the rest of quests in Thylisium and Tyr Lysia. Also getting the unique mount early allows me to get through the desert and jungle area to start the "Something Wonderful" portion of the Epic Office Quest then through the T-energy pools east of Teardrop Hamlet to Libi's Pratfall for the second poart of the Epic Office Quest activation. That way I can retrace my path while fighting on my unique mount to get the office personnel in Tyr Lysia before continuing to Atarmark. But to each his own as to play style.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem, hoping someone could help me with right quick..

Sooo I got the unique mount when I was around 15 on my SW, and I'm now 28 and accidentally went under the amount of health where my mount got killed.

Now, whenever I go to the 'Mount Island', the guy is NOT there for me to buy another unique mount.

Where the hell is he?

Maybe because I have to be on bronze.. or silver.. or multiplayer ?

Please answer . :P

If you completed the quest in a campaign difficulty then it should be saved with your progress for that difficulty, moving to another difficulty starts you afresh, however you can go back to the previous difficulty and go to the mount island. If you completed it in a freeplay online server then you will have to do the quest again.

• 11 years later...
On 8/16/2010 at 4:34 AM, candesco said:

is there a map of this quest?  The map link on the first post is broken, I have Dragon Maw revealed on map but not the rest of the path , ie where is Black Oaks? 

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hi welcome to DarkMatters! I’m sorry about the broken link in the first post I replaced it quickly this morning and it’s linking to sacred wiki

Are you able to get you the information? It’s a long very rewarding journey I remember doing it the first time I got the game and was delighted upon completion. Enjoy the quest the game and this beautiful little gem of a game

😀

gogo

Yep. With your link plus the interactive map of Ancaria on the sacred wiki site, I think that I can find my way . My Seph is level 15 so hopefully I'm not too low of a level for the quest. I have a Charger horse that, so far, can outrun enemies, which helps.

I was trying to find the Orcish byway was at a tavern pretty far East of Griffinborough. I was definitely going the wrong way! 

thx.