How can I reduce lag on Sacred 2

Keep working on it Jaws. It took a lot of tinkering on my end before I was happy with what I got. I'm only using AA x 4 when I'm on Lan, and Elite Grafx as well.

And ayup...the dragon sure is a handsome looking thing.

:P

gogo

Gogo,

I don't know what you have internally;but, this is what I have...

I've got 2 bfg 7950 gt 512 mb. OC PCIe 2.0 video cards SLi'ed together;but, this game only wants to see one of them--and, pushs the setting to reveal this. I have gone in and re-set the Nvidia Control Panel(For this game---specifically..) ,and made the "correct" adjustments,which are : for Mulit-display/mixed-GPU accelleration is set to Single display performance mode, and under the setting for SLI performance mode: set it to NIVIDIA recommended. But, I have to check this every so often,due to the fact that Sacred2s' internal programming whats it set,to SEE only one of my two SLI'ed cards--weird... Putting ALL the burden on just one of the two cards--go figure!:)

I can't make sense out of that. I have sent an e-mail to OCZ due to their TWO matched set ram modules both FAILING the Microsoft ram tester program. I had taken ALL of my ram modules out--then, tested each--one of them --individually. My corsair matched set--tested PERFECT--no problems;but, the two OCZ modules both individually failed--right off the bat in the same testing phase. I wish when I had purchased these 4 modules I had aquired 2 2pair corsair. I kind a remmeber at that time,for some reason--- I couldn't locate 2 2-pair matched sets of PC 3200(1 gig each) dual channel corsair ram. I indicated my concern of possible "compatiblility" issues which was brought to my attention by a Tech(adminstrator) at Sacred2s' Tech forum. I, in turn have recently sent an e-mail--back to OCZ of my concerns of "compatiblity" issues,which--was atttached to my "already" existing/assigned ticket number(and, OCZ has already assigned an RMA number to my tickect number --concerning their failed ram.) So, that's my story--and I'm stick'in to it...

What your "take" on this:) And, yes--it's a very cool wallpaper. Especially set to the max rez.

Joe :D

Keep working on it Jaws. It took a lot of tinkering on my end before I was happy with what I got. I'm only using AA x 4 when I'm on Lan, and Elite Grafx as well.

gogo

Gogo,

I've got 2 bfg 7950 gt 512 mb. OC PCIe 2.0 video cards SLi'ed together;but, this game only wants to see one of them--and, pushs the setting to reveal this. I have gone in and re-set the Nvidia Control Panel(For this game---specifically..) ,and made the "correct" adjustments,which are : for Mulit-display/mixed-GPU accelleration is set to Single display performance mode, and under the setting for SLI performance mode: set it to NIVIDIA recommended. But, I have to check this every so often,due to the fact that Sacred2s' internal programming whats it set,to SEE only one of my two SLI'ed cards--weird... Putting ALL the burden on just one of the two cards--go figure!:)

I can't make sense out of that. I have sent an e-mail to OCZ due to their TWO matched set ram modules both FAILING the Microsoft ram tester program. I had taken ALL of my ram modules out--then, tested each--one of them --individually. My corsair matched set--tested PERFECT--no problems;but, the two OCZ modules both individually failed--right off the bat in the same testing phase. I wish when I had purchased these 4 modules I had aquired 2 2pair corsair. I kind a remmeber at that time,for some reason--- I couldn't locate 2 2-pair matched sets of PC 3200(1 gig each) dual channel corsair ram. I indicated my concern of possible "compatiblility" issues which was brought to my attention by a Tech(adminstrator) at Sacred2s' Tech forum. I, in turn have recently sent an e-mail--back to OCZ of my concerns of "compatiblity" issues,which--was atttached to my "already" existing/assigned ticket number(and, OCZ has already assigned an RMA number to my tickect number --concerning their failed ram.) So, that's my story--and I'm stick'in to it...

What your "take" on this:) And, yes--it's a very cool wallpaper. Especially set to the max rez.

You shouldn't run Elite Graphics without 768 MB VRAM or more on a single card, unless you like them crashes.

I run the game on a 8800 GTS 320 MB just fine at medium in 1280x1024 settings.

I put PhysX on CPU and the card to performance, its not noticeably worse graphically, but its definitely rendered faster.

gogo

Gogo,

You shouldn't run Elite Graphics without 768 MB VRAM or more on a single card, unless you like them crashes.

I run the game on a 8800 GTS 320 MB just fine at medium in 1280x1024 settings.

I put PhysX on CPU and the card to performance, its not noticeably worse graphically, but its definitely rendered faster.

I'm not running Elite Graphics. And, With the 2 cards, I have over 1 gig!? of ram(whatever ram these cards support--it comes out to 1 gig.) I explained what video cards I had--in detail.. I do not understand what your trying to tell me. IF--I had an 8XXX series card, then I might have an idea where your comming from. But, I don't. I have what I described..

Now, with what all I said in my last e-mail, do you not understand what I tried to explain:)

Joe

Its 768 MB VRAM minimum, but to run it smoothly I'd say 1-1.5 GB minimum, and IMO its not worth it.

It makes your FPS plunge and even normal play (without elite) can make your card overheat after enough time. My card kept making me crash after about 12-14 hours of play.

I'd actually read on the SIF some peeps that were having problems with their SLI setup for Sacred 2. One person just went back to a single card, and he actually got better performance!

:D

gogo

Its 768 MB VRAM minimum, but to run it smoothly I'd say 1-1.5 GB minimum, and IMO its not worth it.

It makes your FPS plunge and even normal play (without elite) can make your card overheat after enough time. My card kept making me crash after about 12-14 hours of play.

Little Sarah,

My "last" response was to Gogo, not to you--so don't think I was angry--either with you, or Gogo.

Joe

• 1 year later...

Do you mean you are getting low frames per second?

Because I think of lag as having to do with the connection to multiplayer. Lag is when I hit an enemy 5x and no damage is done even though I can 1 shot and have 150% chance to hit. Then 10 seconds later he dies when I am not hitting him.

Is this always or at times? Is this in single player or multiplayer with an internet connection?

Listen its always and I have good internet connection but im playing single player and dunno on what ever graphic I put it doesent lag but when I move or attack I lag like crazy...:s

Got any idea of problem?

Aniway tnx

Edited by Bloodemon96