Sacred 3

I know there's a hint about this in a quest in game...but is that for real? Any real confirmation on this?

And honestly...where can the game go from here. Sacred 2 just got released... where else could they possibly go with the series...

Anyone got any ideas on what they would create that would be so fundamentally different from Sacred 2 that just got released that they would even think of a Sacred 2 this early...

mmorpg?

:D

gogo

- S3 should have better storyline than in first sacred and in sacred 2. Story that would make me want to complete my greater goal (main quest) atleast ones. Something that makes it more like adventure than running around where the compass points and kill all the random foes that comes near you. Sometimes you should be able to use non-violent way also or use random items around the map to kill foes (like dropping a huge rocks from higher ground or something similar)

- Less useless and boring sidequests in series of "go there, kill them, find this" and replace them whit quests that gives more unique type of rewards and maybe even let try things what are not possible otherwise (like use other characters some spell or something in purpose of getting something). Something that makes me want to find and complete all of them just to see what they can come up next or just to get some item/rune/some sort of medal/special add to my CA.. to make my character even better.

Also it should effect on your karma or something similar, what type of quests you are taking. Like if you are taking only killing sidequests, you would receive some "perk" or amulet or what ever what gives you permanent boost into your weapon lore and armor and loose some barter skills and make your character more evil as long as you are doing only killing. Same thing if you like to do helping out nice guys to find something they can't find, you would get similar effect, but you should then gain barter skills, maybe boost to constitution and make your character more of good guy.

- This leads to one big problem.. dark and light side.. good and bad, which currently has no difference or I haven't seen it yet. They should have huge differences so the player has more options to choose from and even during his andventure player should have opportunity to turn good or bad by doing good stuff or bad. This good vs. bad system is too big for me to come up in so sort of time whitout anything getting it even if I would came up whit totaly perfect balance, so I'll leave this to Ascaron if they ever even plan to even make S3 or use this anymore in it. I just say, it should have major impact on skills, CA damages, barter prices and everything else that matters the most. No win-win situation is the best result.

some ideas that came in mind in a few minutes..

This leads to one big problem.. dark and light side.. good and bad, which currently has no difference or I haven't seen it yet.

Besides the obvious differences in main quest, and class quests, there are side quests that you can only take if you are x character, have y deity, or are z alignment (good or bad).

High Elf can take the "Order of the Seraphim" quests, where she kills an elemental, kills kobold gravepillars, and then goes to check on the Abbess, inside the "sanctuary" (that's actually a rather creepy dungeon).

Seraphim can't take it, even though she's Light inherently.

Any Shadow Campaign character will instead get a quest from an Inquisition Guard to "strengthen the demon-controlling spell on the Abbess", but none of the others.

A Temple Guardian will have someone asking them to get oil stones, to help their joints.

A Seraphim gets to save another Seraphim trapped in a cave.

and so on

hmmmmm... well just thinking... sacred 2 is 2000 years later* than sacred.. right? so if sacred 3 could be... that you are playing the gods?

well personaly I would think than could be a bit fun :P

edit:* meant earlier :)

Edited by Erling
hmmmmm... well just thinking... sacred 2 is 2000 years later than sacred.. right? so if sacred 3 could be... that you are playing the gods?

well personaly I would think than could be a bit fun :P

Earlier than Sacred.

Getting rid of T-Energy in the world apparently gives way for the stage of Sacred 1 to be set, where High Elves aren't even there instead of being the dominant race.

@ Obsession:

I like your ideas. Would if they would do that and keep the current engine it would be everything that Ultima 9 was not.

I have often wished for more interraction with NPC's ie, being able to kill them--and dealing with the consequences.

Why not not have another prequel to the prequel ? In the introduction (in the manual) it says a great war was fought during which dragons, Temple Guardians, Humans and Orcs went up against the High Elves. Sacred 2 takes place right after. So just make S3 take place during the Great War. Plus I would like to see some aerial and/or sea battles. Fighting on dragons or having a giant squid attack the ship you're in

In S3, the races of Ancaria have to prevent a demonic incursion of a horde of rampaging demon Llamas. Who cares when it's set, we just want halberd/polearm-wielding killer Llamas.

And the end boss would be a dual twohanded sword wielding one...

Did some research guys...well looks like our favorite company has already bought http://www.sacred3.net

This data is provided by united-domains AG

; for information purposes, and to assist persons obtaining information

; about or related to domain name registration records.

; united-domains AG does not guarantee its accuracy.

; By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data

; only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances, you will

; use this data to

; 1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass

; unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via E-mail

; (spam); or

; 2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply

; to this WHOIS server.

; These terms may be changed without prior notice.

; By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

DOMAIN: SACRED3.NET

RSP: united-domains AG

URL: http://www.united-domains.de/

owner-contact: P-JVG34

owner-organization: Ascaron Entertainment GmbH

owner-fname: Jan

owner-lname: Grocholl

owner-street: Dieselstra?e 66

owner-city: Guetersloh

owner-zip: 33334

owner-country: DE

owner-phone: +49.5241966640

owner-fax: +49.5241966610

owner-email: admin@ascaron.com

admin-contact: P-JVG34

admin-organization: Ascaron Entertainment GmbH

admin-fname: Jan

admin-lname: Grocholl

admin-street: Dieselstra?e 66

admin-city: Guetersloh

admin-zip: 33334

admin-country: DE

admin-phone: +49.5241966640

admin-fax: +49.5241966610

admin-email: admin@ascaron.com

tech-contact: P-NCT21

tech-organization: united-domains AG

tech-title: Herr

tech-fname: Hostmaster

tech-lname: Hostmaster

tech-street: Gautinger Strasse 10

tech-city: Starnberg

tech-zip: 82319

tech-country: DE

tech-phone: +49.8151368670

tech-fax: +49.81513686777

tech-email: hostmaster@united-domains.de

billing-contact: P-JKH21

billing-organization: united-domains AG

billing-title: Herr

billing-fname: Billing

billing-lname: Master

billing-street: Gautinger Strasse 10

billing-city: Starnberg

billing-zip: 82319

billing-country: DE

billing-phone: +49.8151368670

billing-fax: +49.81513686777

billing-email: hostmaster@united-domains.de

nameserver: server1-ns1.udagdns.net

nameserver: server1-ns2.udagdns.net

nameserver: server1-ns3.udagdns.net

; Please register your domains at

; http://www.united-domains.de/

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited

Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited

:D

gogo

• 6 months later...

like sacred 3 should be out now it be awesome if can

id want tons of dragons and mage life simulator

who wants a Sacred 3?

and guns and swords would help also

Hopefully they don't make an MMORPG, it will just kill the game really. If they just improved on their current aspects and pic a new setting/time it would go well. Instead of making light/dark your actions should determine your standing such as what quests you do and who you kill.

I was thinking about this a while back. I don't think it's possible to use Sacred's style of game mechanics in a mmorpg. Sacred's not really a game, more of a sand box. It's supposed to give players unlimited freedoms and creativity when creating their toons. There's no accountability at all except to a toon's own mechanics via modifiers, skills Combat Arts etc. Accountability to the greater whole of a community doesn't work in Sacred, and that's why you can have toons playing together that are built so differently with outrageous socketables.

For Sacred 3, if they're actually planning on putting together something that has some kind of accountability to a community regarding economy...they'd definitely have to change the way modifiers work...no more vagaries ^^

:)

gogo

I am also hoping, as others have already said, for better storyline.

While Sacred 2 has great gameplay and graphics, the storyline is incredibly poor, and that much poorer when compared to the other two main titles, Diablo (1&2) and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. I like Sacred 2 and the other games I've just mentioned because I like this kind of RPG best, so that's why I've said "other two main titles". That's from my personal perspective. :)

Things that should be addressed

1- Finally a real economy

2- Accountability for damage tween different classes and Combat Arts, which would finally lead to...

3 PVP ! :bow:

:)

gogo