1500 Members at DarkMatters !!!!

• 1 month later...

Bumping this one just to let you know that there are almost 2500 members (2468 atm to be exact).

That would mean that FDM got 500 new members since January 31st.

This is great!

Max

Looks like we passed the 100K mark with no comment ...

Our members have made a total of 101,831 posts

We have 2,470 registered members

Looks like we passed the 100K mark with no comment ...

Our members have made a total of 101,831 posts

We have 2,470 registered members

You missed the topic, it was here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9572

:)

gogo

p.s. Was just seeing these stats, thanks for the bump metal_max64... only a few thou more to go till ten thousand! :)

lol

Actually...what is the pop of Uni nine these days... has it really dropped that much? And I remember when this forum was less than a hundred for the first few months... was cool days meeting up everyone bit by bit from ogame, vendetta and Sacred... then GW... and on and on

:P

gogo

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about this after knuckles just passed me the link to this thread from a few years back. I think we got about 90 percent of all our members in one year after Sacred 2 opened up!

:4rofl:

gogo

I remember when 1000, 1500, and 2000 felt like such an achievement...and now we sit at 22,000 :P

It's really amazing when you sit back and think on it. We've come a looooong way :D

The very intersting part about all this is, I think, we're still a very small community. Our active members still produce about the same number of posts daily that we always did. So while the database of members who join up is huge...it's mostly readers, and member supporters. In a way, I think it does kind of impact the "feel" of the forum and whether or not someone who comes here thinks it's cool, reputable and worthwhile...all of those being important aspects of reasons to join or contribute.

In fact, during the days of the Sacred 2 console's initial release there was almost too many posts going up... Knuckles I used to think your fingers would get calluses from the seeming infinite number of posts and information essays you would have to write out for that huge wave of members always appearing!

I actually like a smaller forum though with fewer posts, kind of like we have now. There is a certain finite number of posts that I can read in a day...if the number of posts written actually goes up above that number we start needing more moderators...and my need to read every post that goes begins to get washed away in just performing doggie-paddle so that I don't get overwhelmed by info overload!

:lol:

gogo

yeah I never was a big poster until the game was released on the consoles and we had a flood of new members join up. Seemed we doubled our size every few months :D Of course I think gogo knew this and made me a mod just before it all happened. He's devious like that :P

Seemed we doubled our size every few months :D Of course I think gogo knew this and made me a mod just before it all happened. He's devious like that :P

:o

That you should say such things!

:devil:

gogo

yeah I never was a big poster until the game was released on the consoles and we had a flood of new members join up. Seemed we doubled our size every few months :D Of course I think gogo knew this and made me a mod just before it all happened. He's devious like that :P

Rings a familiar bell! :)

There is a certain finite number of posts that I can read in a day...if the number of posts written actually goes up above that number we start needing more moderators...and my need to read every post that goes begins to get washed away in just performing doggie-paddle so that I don't get overwhelmed by info overload!

:lol:

gogo

You may only be able to read a finite number of posts...but you sure can reply to an infinite amount :)

Sounds just like gogo...thats what you get for looking/acting knowledgeable in times of need...although I reckon there have to be worse places to mod, this place is usually fairly easygoing.

But yeah, 22k members...its so much...just think about how it will explode next time around ;)

Edited by Dragon Brother

Holy Nr 2... 22k members... alot of them must be lurking in the shadows, since you'd think 22k members would make huge noise ;o

guess I don't know enough members to realize how few I know ^.-

I'm happy to be part of the mass that joined during the Sacred 2 console release :D

The Delete function isn't available at this time. We've had times before where users deleted some of their posts and the thread stopped making sense in some cases. You should still be able to Edit though. If you submitted the same post twice by accident, don't worry, I've had it happen to me a few times when my connection slowed down.