Sacred 2 HC Graveyard

On those Guardians you basically have it right Claudius. Wear 3 magic relics for the first, 3 Fire for the next, 3 Ice for the third, and for the forth I use my biggest and best relics of Magic, Fire, and Poison on him. Usually I have gotten one of the Blessed Relics of ice that has poison also for that bit of added protection. And if it is at all possible get an Artamark's Amulet socketed in. The level 90 Centurion until just yesterday used a level 35 this entire time and I think it has really made a difference.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to use your relics in the correct order or they'll crush you 'fair' and square. Only the fourth is a bit special as he seems to use both poison and magic. I still always used poison relics for him.

From my pre IB Seraphin I could do some test : I used a LL %Sword for them with an usual Niokast's set. As it's a Queen of Blade using a 2 handed sword was boring (hopefully I had taken Sword mastery to unlock special modifiers on swords so I had decent chances to hit and attack speed with a 2 handed Sword). After many runs in Gold I gave a try to changing my set for the Celestial (iirc) for the built in %LL in order to use my double Orcish Shock. In the end it was much longer as missing the Niokaste's set (and all the good bonuses in it) made me kill the Guardians much slower than with a crappy two handed sword.

From that I coul see that the forth Guardian doesn't do his devastating special attack (say good bye to 80% of your life if you're kinda lucky, say good bye to 100% of it if you aren't) on a % of his life but simply on a timer. After XX seconds he gains the right to do it and ... he does it. I think I had the same elemental resistances with both configurations, the only thing that changed was the time needed to bring him down.

For the first one (and 3rd one as they share the stun capacity) it's a stun so you can use gear with less chances to be stunned but that's pretty rare. The best thing to do is to aggro them and when they come close to you run in the opposite direction. They will stun you even if you're far but they'll need time to reach you and you won't have to endure them while stunned for long. Another thing is that in Sacred you can pot while stunned. So don't even think of it : you're stunned you get one hit you pot, another hit you pot and that should be enough to be out of the stun and begin to work with your %ll.

As since one week now I have IB I redid a Queen of Blade in closed HC. I tried once (twice in fact) the Bronze Guardians and found them so difficults and dangerous that I decided to go to Silver without farming them. I had top relic for my level but I had an heart attack every 5 seconds and the fight was very long. Definitly not worth losing my character. As she's low level she doesn't have Sword Mastery (and will prolly not have as her goal is to go with dual Kaldur) and oh my God ... using a 2-handed sword without mastery is a pain. You attack once every 2 or 3 seconds and got something like 30% chance to hit even with not too bad gear ...

I'll do some more runs in higher difficullty when I'll get better equipment and if possible a Kaldur or two ... damn stupid orcs drop me that weapon to change my life ! ^^

I ate the big one today with my campaign runner going for the last few checkpoints with loco... Ate several level 90 traps from TGs and I didn't have the sense (a little drunk) to run rather I kept spamming spacebar..

Avoidable and I learned something about veiled shadow warriors. Never play with others in same space...

Rebuilding..

But on the other hand I do have a silver through plat templates now.. the templates were unhurt. Yay!

DAMN damn double damn... Hope that is ok just venting

So sorry Claudius. We were both nailed by those traps. When I flashed and heard that horrible somebody died sound I thought it was me.

Well we did get you template done

dang claudius, sorry to hear.

Glad to read your Rebuilding though!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ hope you dont feel to bad, lost my level 65 TechSera on Friday before family and I left. She was doing a "kill job" on everything that came in her screen. We where just about to farm the Boar. My son had come over asking for help getting a toy out of the closet. I cleared the entire region before leaving, standing right next to the Boar quest giver. Come back after maybe 1-2 minutes afk. Saw her body on ground with a rouge bear running off the consume a large mounted elk. Shame Shame...If not for this afk death. She had the tools to make it to & through Niob.

Lesson learned: never afk, even if you know the area is secure and safe. The "rouges" will make contact.

Ouch etherian isn't it always hard to build up again. I am running the rebuild in parellel with a shopper I need anyway.. Slow going they were slaying level 6 kobolds... Have just suited the shopper with some blacksmith arts so that should be fun, a dragon mage...

I wish there was a button you could go afk as long as when you 'started' the button you were not in combat music so it couldn't be used cheaply.. Just wishing!

I'm feeling better about the death but it did put a quirk in my plans ie not as I expected.

I wish there was a button you could go afk as long as when you 'started' the button you were not in combat music so it couldn't be used cheaply.. Just wishing!

F8 is the magic button for me. Sux if you are long way from a portal to return too, but start isle is safer than anywhere else.

Yeh, I'm with loco, if in doubt portal out!

The time taken to run from the closest monolith is definitely less than the time required to rebuild.

Edited by dreeft

When running fullscreen mode, if no enemies are around, and I alt+tab out; the enemies walk all around the char but don't attack until I alt+tab back into the game. I have the feeling it's lag, so it's not foolproof :superman:

When running fullscreen mode, if no enemies are around, and I alt+tab out; the enemies walk all around the char but don't attack until I alt+tab back into the game. I have the feeling it's lag, so it's not foolproof :superman:

Wouldn't count on it as the window may appear to pause but the closed net server continues to run. so best bet is to return to Start Isle

I'm sorry to hear of your loss claudius and etherian.

Re: Guardians: I was getting 224 life leech off the first three Guardians in bronze, and 408 life leech off the 4th Guardian. I suspect beside having double hit points he also has higher level CAs. Which means more pain for the players since he does rainbow damage with melee (which then makes even melee more dangerous than normal one or two elements).

re:afk F8 (trip to start island)--to be more sure go inside a building on the start island. Then you'll be less like to suffer from someone's accidental Sakkara summoning. People sometimes press G (for God Spell) by accident when trying to chat on start island.

re:afk F8 (trip to start island)--to be more sure go inside a building on the start island. Then you'll be less like to suffer from someone's accidental Sakkara summoning. People sometimes press G (for God Spell) by accident when trying to chat on start island.

pricelss info FrostElf!

I remain, Etherian

pricelss info FrostElf!

I remain, Etherian

I'm pretty sure he was patched so as to not aggro unless you attack him at some point so unless you have a damaging buff that shouldnt be an issue.

pricelss info FrostElf!

I remain, Etherian

I'm pretty sure he was patched so as to not aggro unless you attack him at some point so unless you have a damaging buff that shouldnt be an issue.

Correct. He won't attack anywhere where there's "townpeace", ie, the island & towns, unless he's attacked first.

• 3 weeks later...
level 15 fire he aced by a kobold with a purple circle of "I'M GOING TO EAT YOUR FACE!".

Sorry about your loss Kriv!

I know your a family man, with little time to spare. This makes the rebuild that much tougher.

Come back fighting... :)

I remain, Etherian

level 15 fire he aced by a kobold with a purple circle of "I'M GOING TO EAT YOUR FACE!".
I accept partial responsibility for this :)

The kobold was level 39!

I accept partial responsibility for this :)

The kobold was level 39!

Ouch. Bad luck kriv. If you ever need any help just give any of us a yell.

I accept partial responsibility for this :whistle:

The kobold was level 39!

Ha! No worries!

That is the fun of playing HC! So far, the only HC character I have gotten past 20 is my SW (because he is sneaky sneaky and hides in the shadows). I guess the lesson I should learn is to slow down. Hope to catch up with yall tonight, I may dry a dragon mage this time.

Edited by kriv
  • 2 weeks later...

Well now its my turn to be honest and tell about my little loss :)!

I tried to make my own TG, and it was quite amazing and doing really well. But if by well I mean FECAL MATTER! against the scorpion boss then I'm speaking the truth! I rushed into the Scorpion boss in campaign doing lots of damage myself, but building a pure dmg character, ain't recommended in HC apparently, anyhow I died after a split second with full life!

bang it said and instant death by the fatty scorpion boss and its two ascendants!

Well you better feel sorry, because this was my first character who actually found 100's of set pieces.. Stupid stupid me :)

So any recommendations for a new TG build? :)

Edit: For people who is playing Ice&Blood if you wanna prevent this I will recommend you to export the char and try out bosses (Inside caves without mount, risk of dying). This could have been prevented by just trying it out, but well I didn't, stupid me, I hope that you learn from my mistake, and I myself learn from it, but I prolly will post more dead chars :P!

- Bye bye pure devout guardian!

Edited by Kryptoz

Too weird man! Yesterday my pure devout guardian died at 54 in gold against the guardians. He had a buttload of uniques and sets on him as well. Guess we'll both have to come back stronger :sigh:

Too weird man! Yesterday my pure devout guardian died at 54 in gold against the guardians. He had a buttload of uniques and sets on him as well. Guess we'll both have to come back stronger :sigh:

Sounds like a good idea to me! I was really enjoying the time I spent on him.. Well sad, anyhow my dryad @ 40 now revenged him!