Kaiden's HC SW Defence Build & Guide

I'm following this build with my Shadow Warrior, so far very pleased. Does anybody know the exact list of combos to use with this build, as its not 100% from the first post?

Sorry guys, I stopped playing for a while, but I'm back at it. I'll try to edit the original post later, as I need to at least link to Qwalens post for clarification, and I'll make the combos I use more clear, although they are in there.

Combo 1 - DB / FR

Combo 2 - SS / FR

Combo 3 - KS / RC ( duration buffs)

Non-Combo 4 - I mostly keep Augmenting Guidon here, but switch it out for beligerent vault when I need that.

Also, while I seem to be notorious for late answers... The problem with FR hitting is sometimes due to the "chance to recharge" mod, if DB happens to activate the recharge, the combo will instantly reharge and FR won't fire.

@Gogo, Is the wiki guide editable? If so, I will edit both guides. I'm about to do another play through. I do not have the expansion though, so I am not sure how much effect it has on all of the skills and attributes... Do you know of any major changes I should include?

Thanks for the update. Makes it clear. What I found helpful about your guide more then others is that you give an idea of how to spec whilst leveling up from the beginning progressing through to the higher levels. This makes it easy to follow for the beginner as most other guides just tell you where to put the points (not when). I've now reached level 42 and found it an absolute breeze to follow and my characters been solid the whole way. Thanks again

Edited by fraz

Thanks for the update. Makes it clear. What I found helpful about your guide more then others is that you give an idea of how to spec whilst leveling up from the beginning progressing through to the higher levels. This makes it easy to follow for the beginner as most other guides just tell you where to put the points (not when). I've now reached level 42 and found it an absolute breeze to follow and my characters been solid the whole way. Thanks again

You're Welcome :) I stopped playing before I hit 200, although I'm chopping at the xp bar intermittently now and I'm 147.

You will go through some rough patches in Platinum where you just aren't killing fast enough to make all that defense worth it, but those levels pass, and you just do the best you can to adjust your skill point allocation and attributes. Adjust some equipment to lower regen times and eat a few more runes or find some better weapons and then you're back on track within 10-20 levels which are easy enough to come by.

Also, if you have Ice & Blood... I've been told that higher damage becomes more important against the mobs there, so you may consider taking either Combat Disciplin or Damage Lore, and dropping one of the last 4 defense skills (Con, Tough, Spell Resistance, or Combat Reflexes) That would be a tough choice for me, and I think I would go with Combat Reflexes to drop, the other 3 are way more important IMO.

Edited by Kaiden

You're Welcome :) I stopped playing before I hit 200, although I'm chopping at the xp bar intermittently now and I'm 147.

You will go through some rough patches in Platinum where you just aren't killing fast enough to make all that defense worth it, but those levels pass, and you just do the best you can to adjust your skill point allocation and attributes. Adjust some equipment to lower regen times and eat a few more runes or find some better weapons and then you're back on track within 10-20 levels which are easy enough to come by.

Also, if you have Ice & Blood... I've been told that higher damage becomes more important against the mobs there, so you may consider taking either Combat Disciplin or Damage Lore, and dropping one of the last 4 defense skills (Con, Tough, Spell Resistance, or Combat Reflexes) That would be a tough choice for me, and I think I would go with Combat Reflexes to drop, the other 3 are way more important IMO.

We'll I'm playing through with my brother is is playing an inquisiter. Between the two of us, I've found I've got ample defense and would favour going more dps. How would you modify this build if you were going to go for high DPS? The only two skill slots I've got left, so I'd have to drop either spell resistance or toughness.

Edited by fraz