Discontinued foods/The foods you miss

Thanks for the advice, but although I have managed to find what apples I think were commonly kown as 'Spring Larks' http://www.orangepippin.com/apples/cornish-aromatic I have not found anyone that grows them, just a single nursery that sells the trees. I don't know if anyone actually grows them commercially at all in this country anymore. And much as I would love to grow some myself, there is no way I could even gorw asingle tree where I live.

Edited by podgie_bear

Hmm. Just by looks alone, I would almost swear that looks like a Fuji Apple. They have a similar coloring - green with red just like the one you were looking for. No idea how close they come to your apple as far as taste or texture.

The Wiki article I posted to mentioned something called a "Dwarfing Rootstock" - which turns regular trees into miniature, Dwarf versions of itself. Maybe there's a dwarf version of the tree...? That way it could be kept in a much smaller space. Don't suppose that's an option.

I had considered it up until recently (or at least a dwarfed pear tree), but have had to start looking for a new place to rent, so don't feel able to make any form of commitment to something I might not be able to take with me. I could grow a dwarf variety here in a container on my patio (just, maybe) but don't know where I will be in the future.