The Queen of Blades

In my opinion, Sword lore is not entirely trumped by dual wield, but in order to select it you must be pretty damn sure you'll end up using sword weapons who have specific modifiers unlocked by it by the end of the game.

There is a number of swords that have modifiers unlocked by sword lore/sword lore mastery. Since this build has bargaining, the sword lore skill can be utilized well - you will be able to shop for a number of decent rare one-handed swords with unlockable modifiers or for a good two-handed sword with lots of life leech +% which will actually help all your battles versus bosses in the late game, because you will be leeching much more than you're taking as damage.

I'm personally not a fan of taking two skills that serve the same purpose, but for this build, it's a good choice. You can use the duals to kill anything on the map (it's much faster than using a two-hander), then switch to the big sword and go slay some bosses. As such, sword weapons becomes more of a utility skill for this build than anything else, but unless a player has at least 1 Kaldur's Legacy axe, it will work well for this type of gameplay.

Edited by Dobri

Thanks for the clarification.

So it's using my Dual Weapons skill to boost my attack speed and rating, while the Sword Weapons skill is simply unlocking the attributes of certain weapons. That's good to know... too bad I didn't ask a week and a half ago! Oh well, SW stays where it is (for now) and DW gets boosted.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm new with this game but I liked it very much. I was trying to play with Seraphim, High elf and Shadow warrior but I'm leveling up to slowly... For example I had Seraphim 38lvl bronze at the dryad island but I couldn't go further because monsters killed me all the time. It will be very appriciated if someone explaine to me how to play with Seraphim. I'm following this order- tactic lore 7, armor lore 4, dual wield 4, enhanced perception 4. I'm level 9 now in elven teritory but not reached Thylisium. I spent all my points in Stamina is that alright? Magic that I use is Pelting strike, flaring nova, battle stance. I'm not a big gamer so all the help you give me will be appriciated. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm new with this game but I liked it very much. I was trying to play with Seraphim, High elf and Shadow warrior but I'm leveling up to slowly... For example I had Seraphim 38lvl bronze at the dryad island but I couldn't go further because monsters killed me all the time. It will be very appriciated if someone explaine to me how to play with Seraphim. I'm following this order- tactic lore 7, armor lore 4, dual wield 4, enhanced perception 4. I'm level 9 now in elven teritory but not reached Thylisium. I spent all my points in Stamina is that alright? Magic that I use is Pelting strike, flaring nova, battle stance. I'm not a big gamer so all the help you give me will be appriciated. Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

Are you using the Queen of Blades build, or something different?

If I am using an energy shield (e.g. Warding Energy or Divine Protection), I put all my points in Willpower since it improves the shield. Otherwise I go all Vitality since more HP can never hurt.

Welcome aboard!

Are you using the Queen of Blades build, or something different?

If I am using an energy shield (e.g. Warding Energy or Divine Protection), I put all my points in Willpower since it improves the shield. Otherwise I go all Vitality since more HP can never hurt.

Yes, I'm doing the queen of blades build. Is that alright? Or I should fowoll another build? Vitality you say, alright then. But what do you think about the slow leveling? I do all the quests that I find. My character says that we should move on and truely the monsters here give me only 6 xp, but when we move on she isn't strong enough to fight the enemies there:)

hi Eleinta. I'll tell you, staying in bronze after a certain level isn't a good idea because, well, you level too slowly. you should try changing the difficulty to silver. also try following dobri's advice in this topic (click me). I doubt you have a niob smith, so I can give you a level 180 Temple Guardian with blacksmith maxed out and he is also a shopper. just ask :)

hi Eleinta. I'll tell you, staying in bronze after a certain level isn't a good idea because, well, you level too slowly. you should try changing the difficulty to silver. also try following dobri's advice in this topic (click me). I doubt you have a niob smith, so I can give you a level 180 Temple Guardian with blacksmith maxed out and he is also a shopper. just ask :)

Great, thank you! I'm level 12 now, time for silver?

definitely. go for it. :)

if you find you're having a hard time, I have some advice for you.

start a high elf in bronze and take it to level 2. that's it. stop right there. when you level up, have her take the bargaining skill and put your extra point there. now find a player's chest on this site with rare items, preferably high level, and sell them all. now you have a level 2 bargaining toon with lots of cash. buy some +bargaining relics and items, put them on and start shopping for good gear for other classes, in this case the seraphim. once you have all you need, put them in the shared belongings part of the player's chest, start a seraphim, and once you're in the game press the X button (assuming you have ice&blood installed). the carrier imp at your side during character creation will spawn, and you can access the player chest. just equip the gear you've bought and start rockin'.

you may want to look out for +x% damage and +all skills jewelry. you should get to at least level 8-10 without any trouble with that gear, and by then you'll be "mature" enough to climb up on your own.

cheers ;) if you have any doubts regarding my post, ask away and I'll be more than happy to help :)

I agree, go to Silver, just start out slowly. Once you hit the enemy level cap like you have in Bronze, you are just spinning your wheels. Keep your targeting circles at least green for now.

oh, and congrats for level 12 in bronze. I would've ran out of patience much earlier. :P

That's true. :Just_Cuz_21: Btw I have another question(stupid maybe) how do I choose my weapon? For example if you have two swords one yellow, the other blue but higher level? And I know that there are many places when this is disscused but what magic is the best? Now using Battle stance(6 runes) flaring nova(4 runes) radiant pillar(1 rune). I need better magic for mobs because killing them one by one is driving me insane but flaring nova isn't strong enough... What should I do?

uhm let's see. when choosing a weapon, you should generally be wielding two identical items. of course, finding another identical copy of an item is insanely hard in sacred2, so what you do is clone it using the player's chest trick. here we go:

1) put the desired weapon in the "shared belongings" section of the player's chest.

2) save the game, and exit to main menu.

3) go to "C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_NAME%\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2" and find the chest.sacred2chest file. it should be right above your "heroXX" save files.

4) right click and copy it, then paste it on the desktop (or wherever you want, just not in the sacred 2 folder).

5) now back to the game. go to your player's chest and withdraw the weapon.

6) save and exit.

7) go to your desktop (or wherever you pasted the chest), copy it and overwrite it in the "C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_NAME%\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2" folder.

8) back to the game. go to your player's chest and you will see that inside shared belongings there is an exact clone of the weapon you withdrew before.

9) enjoy.

this trick essentially doubles the damage you deal. if you find another weapon and you see that equipping it alongside the other weapon increases the damage, then just clone the better weapon and equip it.

the key to your questions is PELTING STRIKES. you want to keep this spam-able, so low regen time. if you see that the CA is fully recharged while you're still executing it, you may eat another rune. the thing is, you want as much damage as possible in as little time as possible. pelting strikes is a better choice for a non-magic seraphim than radiant pillar is (obviously). you don't need any conbat arts outside the exalted warrior aspect, and you better not use them since they'll prove to be inferior in the long rune, and they will diminsh your rune find chance. so stick to battle stance and pelting strikes. other good Combat Arts to use (beside the other two) are soul hammer, dashing alacrity.

Thank you this is amazing! Now I have two swords exactly look alikes :) But I found another weapon it's a legendary maybe but I can use it with one hand and a sword in the other hand!

You will deal more damage if you apply the trick I showed you, since the legendary is better than the other one so equipping two of them will result in more damage output than you'd get equipping the legendary and the other weapon.

Help! I'm failing again and I really dont know why... :( I built the seraphim like in the queen of blades, I found The officer saber but when mobs come around me I'm dying. I cant deal with the mobs and I must run like a hunted animal... I'm 37 level silver. Is there way to make things right and easy:)

Lesee if I can help out.

This game is literally so deep and wide in the way you can build a character it takes a whole community to reach expertise. And this is the right place to be.

I found when I ran this build the first time (when was still running fallen angel like you're doing now) I was having problems with pressing the health button bar a whole lot, and with most of my builds it was completely unnecessary. The reason for me is I had no idea what bargaining was and how to use it. I just wanted to go out and whack stuff around. Then, when I started trying bargaining out, it became a quintessential tool to enhance all my toons, and the game would definitely be different without a strong bargainer for me.

I gotta screen shot of a strong bargainer queen of blades that might help.

Now I run PC, and have Ice and Blood, so some of the stuff isn't gonna be the same, but it'll show you better than me typing stuff.

SarahJane.jpg

Notice a few things in this pic:

Although I have a box full of plus rings and amulets, all the stuff I have on her has been bought through bargaining w Sarah Jane.

She has plus ten to all skills, and pluses to all kinda stuff that I bought.

This character would look quite a bit diff without my bargaining maxed. Right now, when I put on my mini-trade suit (which if I spent more time shopping could be much larger) I have 43 bargaining.

Veterans here will tell you that's not much at all for a bargainer. I could get it much higher and get much better stuff if I went on a shopping spree.

*Shrug* My plan for her is to get through to some of the higher levels of diff and slow her down, and start punching out serious bargaining, so I'm only getting a few items to pump her up for now

Bargaining is the strongest skill in the game, in my not so humble opinion, hands down. No contest.

If you're buying good stuff, you won't be running from anything at all with this build.

Although I don't XBox and don't know the mechanics of the store from what you experience, I do know if anything bargaining power was much stronger in Fallen Angel than I experience with Ice and Blood (and the mighty community patch) so I'm assuming it is that way for your situation

But, as Taylor Dane said in Under Siege 2, 'Assumption is the mother of all (a extremely dirty word is used here, so I will just say 'mistakes' instead :4rofl:)'

So lemme instead ask.

So I can help, help me to know where you is and answer some stuff:

1) what area are you currently fighting in

2) how much do you use your bargaining

3) how much plus all skills do you have

Thank you, Jk the wonderguy for answering my not very clever questions. I'm in human territory, I have 20 points in bargaining skill, level 36. I'm sorry but I dont know how to make pic to my bonus overview so unfortunately I have to write the most important:

Faster increase of survival bonus +12.8

Xp per kill +3.4

Chance to halve reg time +10.5

Life leeched per hit+10

Opponent chance to death blow +30.76

Chance to find valuables +12.1

Chance to fear opponents away +4.8

Chance to reflect projectiles +6.0

Chance to banish undead +13.6

I think I'm missing something important about the bargaining skill... And I'll be glad if you tell me what's that.

Absolutely. You sound like you've found some cool stuff.

Alright.

To bargain, you need a 'trade suit' to put on right before you go into a shop. You use it totally for the shop, and you switch your armor back to battle.

The way I see it is you need a suit to battle monsters and a suit to battle the shop keeper, to make him give you the absolute best stuff.

If you look back to my picture, when you look at the divine devotion button, you see the place where you pack items in there that have pluses. You see I have two sets. One is for enhanced perception when I'm hunting, and the other is for bargaining when I'm shopping.

You'll also see when you look at my inventory I have three items I'm carrying. That's my 'mini trade suit' Each one of those has a plus two to the bargaining skill. As I go, I'll pick up more items and eventually have all eight (excepting gloves, cause I never find bargaining on gloves) item pieces that have a plus to bargaining.

I had a level 95 that died recently, which I was bummed about for sure, but that one had, with 75 hard bargaining points invested, 232 to bargaining when I went into a shop. Vets will tell you that isn't really high, although it was a decent amount. I wasn't trying to make her a hard bargainer, where I shopped and shopped and shopped, or it coulda been higher. I've had it higher on another character I took to 82 with fallen angel. I erased all my guys when I went to ice and blood, or I'd pic her to you.

Point is the trade suit and getting as much plus to bargaining as you get makes your shopping much cooler. You get all kinda plus items.

Aahhh, and you found a set item. That is really cool, and you'll see that if you start putting together different sets you get stuff that is phenomenal in bonuses.

Each set has a different bonuses you get when you get lots of the same set. Most sets will give you a certain bonus with three items of the set, then with five and additional, seven an additional. It's cool.

Look at this link on Seraphim set items Shows you the bonuses you can get when you put em together.

The second thing that is cool about set items is they have slots you can put rings into with the blacksmith. It is a key to power. Do you do that stuff?

Post Script: If I'm posting too much info lemme know; I can simple it up

• Like! 1

That's ok,thank you I love long answers :) And detailed answers also :P So you are saying that I must have another "bargaining suit"? Ok. And you say that's enough? And how you get chance to find set items? What must do?

Lesee if I can help out.

This game is literally so deep and wide in the way you can build a character it takes a whole community to reach expertise. And this is the right place to be.

I found when I ran this build the first time (when was still running fallen angel like you're doing now) I was having problems with pressing the health button bar a whole lot, and with most of my builds it was completely unnecessary. The reason for me is I had no idea what bargaining was and how to use it. I just wanted to go out and whack stuff around. Then, when I started trying bargaining out, it became a quintessential tool to enhance all my toons, and the game would definitely be different without a strong bargainer for me.

I gotta screen shot of a strong bargainer queen of blades that might help.

Now I run PC, and have Ice and Blood, so some of the stuff isn't gonna be the same, but it'll show you better than me typing stuff.

SarahJane.jpg

Notice a few things in this pic:

Although I have a box full of plus rings and amulets, all the stuff I have on her has been bought through bargaining w Sarah Jane.

She has plus ten to all skills, and pluses to all kinda stuff that I bought.

This character would look quite a bit diff without my bargaining maxed. Right now, when I put on my mini-trade suit (which if I spent more time shopping could be much larger) I have 43 bargaining.

Veterans here will tell you that's not much at all for a bargainer. I could get it much higher and get much better stuff if I went on a shopping spree.

*Shrug* My plan for her is to get through to some of the higher levels of diff and slow her down, and start punching out serious bargaining, so I'm only getting a few items to pump her up for now

Bargaining is the strongest skill in the game, in my not so humble opinion, hands down. No contest.

If you're buying good stuff, you won't be running from anything at all with this build.

Although I don't XBox and don't know the mechanics of the store from what you experience, I do know if anything bargaining power was much stronger in Fallen Angel than I experience with Ice and Blood (and the mighty community patch) so I'm assuming it is that way for your situation

But, as Taylor Dane said in Under Siege 2, 'Assumption is the mother of all (a extremely dirty word is used here, so I will just say 'mistakes' instead :4rofl:)'

So lemme instead ask.

So I can help, help me to know where you is and answer some stuff:

1) what area are you currently fighting in

2) how much do you use your bargaining

3) how much plus all skills do you have

JK, but dang, what an answer, and pretty inspiring for anyone who is wanting to try out a game that's got real meat on it's bones.

Great read!

:)

gogo

JK, but dang, what an answer, and pretty inspiring for anyone who is wanting to try out a game that's got real meat on it's bones.

Great read!

:)

gogo

Awww. shucls bro.

I just know for me I've started to play games before, and I get stuck, and wish somebody would just answer my questions thoroughly so I can get unstuck.

I hate that feeling.

That's ok,thank you I love long answers :) And detailed answers also :P

Cool. I can get real long winded about anything. Just part of what makes me me, so I'm glad it can be of use in some situations :drinks:

So you are saying that I must have another "bargaining suit"? Ok. And you say that's enough?

For bargaining, yes. You suit up to 'battle the shopkeeper' with the highest level bargaining level you can get.

I forgot also to mention when you find plus item weapons in the shop, you put them in a slot into your weapon inventory.too. It's a part of your 'trade suit' as well. And if you can find weapons with slots to forge more plus items into, you can forge those plus items into the sword/shield/hafted weapon too, Use every possible opportunity to punch the bargaining level as high as you can get it.

It is recommended to get your bargaining to at very least double your character level through your trade suit to really start seeing cool useful stuff. You're probably saying 'yeah right' now, but it really isn't as hard as it sounds once you get usta doing it. Takes a bit of practice to really start making it pay off, but you pick it up if you stay patient with it.

And how you get chance to find set items? What must do?

That's the other part of this build that is ultra cool in helping: enhanced perception and (again) bargaining.

There are certain items that you can only get through 'drops', either through what an enemy leaves you after you whack it or completing a quest. Like your desert saber (which is dang helpful to this build). Enhanced perception, although the game doesn't show it until you get it to level 75 hard points (which is one of the 'bugs' that 'bugs' me about the game) also gives you a bonus to find cool stuff. The higher the perception, the better quality items that drop. That includes stuff like the 'uniques' (the desert saber kinda stuff) and set items.

The best place to find set items is to do what the question mark guys ask you to do.

When you click the question mark, the text there sometimes will have 'stars' on top. The more stars (you can have up to five), the more chance they'll drop cool stuff. And the harder it is to complete the quest generally, so keep that in mind.

That's not the only place you'll find set items, but frankly the major reason why I complete any quests at all is the chance to pick up set items. I can get experience other places, but not nearly the amount of set items. Quest completions often times drop not one but two set items, and in rare occasions even drop three! At least eighty percent of the set items I find are through either whacking a boss or through quest completion.

And with bargaining at 75 hard points, you get a bigger bonus to get better items through completing quests. Yay bonus!

You gotta gotta be careful though. Until you get kinda usta the utility skills, you may be tempted to put so much into those skills that you forget to put anything into other skills at all. Then you may be back where you are now, running for your life or using three or four potions every time you go into battle. That's no fun.

My suggestion here is to leave enhanced perception at five for a while, and pump bargaining only. That way you'll still have enough points to drop into stuff like tactics lore, armor, constitution, et cetera, but still be able to get some really cool stuff both for drops and through shopping. Once you get kinda used to using utility skills, you know more about how much to add to them and still keep your character strong at the same time.

---

Finally, should ask, do you use the blacksmith to 'forge items'? You gotta gotta do that too. I been thinking about doing a write up on forging (cause there just isn't a good one for sacred 2), but I'm frankly just not as good as others I've seen at it.