Farmer Schot's Guide to Growing Lvl 20 Sets

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly gogo? I love walking up to the griffin rather than saving next to him. It's prime kobold hunting grounds, even if you skip the boss that area is very dense in monsters at low level.

My run lately is griffin, boar only... and this is for set item running though.

Mono to Griffin, then f12, then portal to boar.

Reset server

Rinse

Repeat

Just running those two over and over again usually gets me enough sets to keep me happy for a while.

Course...you need good kill speed to get the sets to drop regularly. Boar is just splendid for this.

:)

gogo

My run lately is griffin, boar only... and this is for set item running though.

Mono to Griffin, then f12, then portal to boar.

Reset server

Rinse

Repeat

Just running those two over and over again usually gets me enough sets to keep me happy for a while.

Course...you need good kill speed to get the sets to drop regularly. Boar is just splendid for this.

gogo

Alright, lol

I just killed the White Griffen and got a Head Set peice. :)

Now, do they spawn after I turn off my xbox?

or after a certain amount of time?

I quit the server and then restart another one. Do you have the equivalent of doing this for console?

Congratulations on the find...get the portal for Castle (dang forget it's name :)) and you're set.

lol...set...joke, get it?

gogo

I quit the server and then restart another one. Do you have the equivalent of doing this for console?

Congratulations on the find...get the portal for Castle (dang forget it's name :)) and you're set.

lol...set...joke, get it?

gogo

Lol...

Well, I just turned off my xbox, but I dont wanna keep turning it off like this.

Xbox's durability sucks.

I won't be surprised if I get RROD if I do this 3 more times :P

OR maybe I can quit, and start the game over again?!

Ima try that riiiight now.

Edited by Kingy
Woot!

Thank JR

gogo

Haha, you sire, are a genius.

I already have like, 3 set items (all different set catagoreys).

But man, do they ever look cool! :)

gogo FTW! :unsure:

Our own Schot was the one who pioneered the entire Griffin + Boar run combo.

His guide and video is compelling proof of the use of ribs, sauce and wings for every meal!

Merged these topics, enjoy the vid everyone

:woot:

gogo

the factors that u mntion help but Survival bonus is key, if u have a high survival bonus ull get better drops. Being a level 60 like u are and kill level 17 monsters, your survival bonus is probably pretty high (60-70%). Im a level 23 dryad and have gotten set pieces from just regular monsters, like the armour of time for a dryad.

Good stuff

I'm playing on PS3, going to try this for a bit and I'll post my results. Also going to kill these bosses on Silver & Gold a few times and see if the results are similar as far as set drops go. I'm playing as a 64 IceElf with a devastating Glacial Thorns. Killed the boar pretty easily last night on gold campaign, was too tired to remember what dropped. Also, howdy all. I lurk here quite a bit, but I've been playing Sacred 2 since it came out and I have a 69 seraphim and a 40 SW also. Probably contribute a bit more now that I've actually activated my account :)

Edit: Just checked, got Legwraps of the Dead from the boar last night on gold.

Ok, I just spent an hour running the Griff & the boar, and here are my results:

Bronze:

Boar

1 - nothing

2 - nothing

3 - nothing

4 - level 20 Robe of Innocence - 3 slots

5 - level 20 Velaria's Wristguards

Didn't do the griff on bronze because I pretty much skipped bronze. Had Kufferath Castle portal on bronze for some reason though.

Silver:

Griff

1 - nothing

2 - level 35 Greaves of Storms

3 - level 35 Robe of Innocence

4 - nothing

5 - nothing

Boar

1 - nothing

2 - nothing

3 - nothing

4 - level 50 Chestplate of Storms - 2 gold slots

5 - level 50 Chestplate of Storms - 2 gold slots

My SB is about 85%

I also killed all 4 nameless guardians on silver to see if the boss drops would be similar but I got junk from each of them. I played for about 6 hours yesterday on gold and completed probably close to 40 quests and the only set peice I got was from killing the boar before I went to bed. So I'd say that this farming method is pretty viable on PS3. At level 64 I can 1 shot the bronze bosses and 3 shot the silver bosses, not sure if that makes a difference. But I got more set peices in 1 hour doing this than I have in 200+ quests thru campaign mode on gold.

Edited by Seventy5

Good stuff here. I farmed about 30 set pieces on Sunday afternoon. Just running Griff and boar for like 2 hrs. Got level 20 Niokaste full set almost full Endjians? set. Thanks Schot.

Is there a cap limit for silver and gold because I've found that as I level in silver so do the monsters?

Also I was wondering if the Dragons also drop sets like this and what level is their cap on Bronze?

The Grinwald dragon is close to a portal and could easily be farmed.

PPL I have a problem, I have 4 chars, I tryed to do thins run, but im unable to find the bosses. I am exactly where the mb spawn and I cant find. I have a seraph 38. any one can halp me? ty

Little note regarding this guide. It was made quite some time ago and things have changed in game somewhat. Ascaron changed the way bosses are found by associating mini bosses to quests which is relatively new and not included in the video. For the Griffon you must start it's associated quest with the NPC that is beside the Monolith. For the Boar the Quest NPC is nearby where the Boar would spawn. A bit north-east of the Boar's spawn location.