Farmer Schot's Guide to Growing Lvl 20 Sets

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little note regarding this guide. It was made quite some time ago and things have changed in game somewhat. Ascaron changed the way bosses are found by associating mini bosses to quests which is relatively new and not included in the video. For the Griffon you must start it's associated quest with the NPC that is beside the Monolith. For the Boar the Quest NPC is nearby where the Boar would spawn. A bit north-east of the Boar's spawn location.

On that same note, I believe this 'change' to be only affecting the PC version. I was able to fight the Griffon without doing any sort of quest over in Copper Peaks on the PS3. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Granted, there are still quest-related bosses, like the Ghost Village quest to restore sunlight. (Neat quest btw)

Edited by nilihanth

Are you guys just getting the off number sets the entire time? The reason I'm asking is I have been doing this farming run for a while now looking for one specific piece Niokaste's Wings which the set goes by 15's (15,30,45,etc) But all I'm getting are the set pieces that level up wierd (20,35,50etc) Is there a reason why I always get a level 65 set piece instead of the level 60 I'm actually looking for.

Little note regarding this guide. It was made quite some time ago and things have changed in game somewhat. Ascaron changed the way bosses are found by associating mini bosses to quests which is relatively new and not included in the video. For the Griffon you must start it's associated quest with the NPC that is beside the Monolith. For the Boar the Quest NPC is nearby where the Boar would spawn. A bit north-east of the Boar's spawn location.

On that same note, I believe this 'change' to be only affecting the PC version. I was able to fight the Griffon without doing any sort of quest over in Copper Peaks.

I did Griffin on 360 last night without picking up a quest for him

I Personally Love This Guide.

Was Farming Them On Silver And Gold Last Night On My Seraphim, Got Full Niokastes Blade Dance, Full Endijians, Wristguards Of The Dusk, And Sofias Protection. ;).

-Jamie.

Yeah I've been doing this quite a lot on my xb 360. With my dryad at 90 SB, I got poor drops. Not many sets at all. But I do get very strong unique weapons =]

But what I do for anyone who's wondering, I kill the minibosses, save,quit,create game,free-world on bronze, REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT .

Outstanding, thank you.

Added note:

You don't need to be uber level to do this. I am farming it with a 23 Inquisitor and it is going really well. The Greedy Body Mutilation aspect (I believe) gives you a second chance at the good stuff also, because I am occasionally coming up with more than one piece after a kill. I have 12 pieces now in what I think was about 8 runs (sometimes kills netted me no set piece.)

After reading farther in to this thread where you say fewer hits and quicker time makes them drop more, I am just going to kill the bird; with a beefed up Cluster I can kill it about as fast as the 60 elf.

:gogo:

Edit added: There is some other unknown factor here. My 19 Seraph with ~10 in enhanced observation can 2 shot the bird with archangel's wrath (better than the inquisitor many times) but I still can't get a single drop from either mob. Once at level 20 and over 50% survival bonus, she is able to get drops now. It seems like about 60-70% of the time but I really haven't been doing the math.

Edited by sitri

Seems to be much more reliable on the 360 if you create an ONLINE free world instead of an OFFLINE.

Did 5 runs in offline and not a single 3 star drop.

Switched to Online and I'm getting at least 1 set piece per run. *Knocks on wood*

Do certain mini bosses only drop certain types of gear? I am noticing a lot of repeat items and still haven't completed one full set. I was assuming this was the case, but was just wondering if anyone could verify? Can you get a full set of anything from just one or two bosses?

ok I know that the Griffen and Boar Drop sets But I just knocked off two Dragons :blush: one in the human Realm and one on the dryad Island and got some ok stupp and lots of XP do they ever Drop sets

The Greedy Body Mutilation aspect (I believe) gives you a second chance at the good stuff also, because I am occasionally coming up with more than one piece after a kill.

I am certain it gives you a second chance at it now. I have watched it pop from the corpse.

Would just like to report that this method works on the xbox version of the game too. Hadn't seen a single set piece in like 40 levels and now in 30 minutes just got 4 complete sets. And killing the miniboss faster does make a difference. I tested and when I oneshotted the whitegriffon, I got 1 or 2 set pieces. Then, when extending the battle to a minute, all I got was a bunch of crap. So monster killing faster = better drops :)

• 3 weeks later...

hello all,

I'm new to this forum and thank god ive found it im quite new to sacred 2 but currently have level 42 shadow warrior playing silver 0 deaths. I used this brilliant trick Schot and it worked like a charm but of course I didn't get a set item everytime I killed the white griffin by the way I only did it with white griffin, too lazy to go to kefferath castle and active the portal :sigh: .(By the way I play on PS3). I got about 6 set items in 30 minutes too and all for my class...

...But one problem since I started using this trick, I can no longer trade :agreed: , everytime a friend attempts to request a trade it says that he is not allowed to trade to me and im not allowed to trade to him and the problem isn't with him because I tried trading with a couple of friends but unfortunately same result. :dance:

By the way Schot can I please have a build similar to your high elf I'm thinking of creating an elf .

Nice to know it's working well for you guys. :)

I'm not sure why you're having that trade problem hanssen but if you were to create a new topic about it in our console section I'm certain you'll be able to get some help with it. I'm a PC user myself and haven't had the problem. Unfortunately my experience on PC wouldn't help you very much. As for the build... That will be coming out in a couple weeks. :lol:

Nice to know it's working well for you guys. :D

I'm not sure why you're having that trade problem hanssen but if you were to create a new topic about it in our console section I'm certain you'll be able to get some help with it. I'm a PC user myself and haven't had the problem. Unfortunately my experience on PC wouldn't help you very much. As for the build... That will be coming out in a couple weeks. :)

ok thanks Schot :) but it didn't work for about 2 days but then on the 3rd day I traded with a friend to test it and it worked :)

thanks Schot, this works great!

Using my 39 dryad right now, and odd thing is the Griffin is lev 4 and gives me nearly 20,000 xp per kill :thumbsup: , but the boar is lev 17 and gives 118xp and 25 xp at the same time.

But I have gotten several set pieces and some good yellow items too :P

I just love mad lewts

What the most effective way to mini boss farm on ps3 is? which bosses are the fastest to get too?

side question: after killing a mini boss around the map......do they dissappear forever in your save game? or do they have a respawn timer?

any help is appreciated.

edit: by mini boss I mean mobs like the white griffin, harpy queen, etc....

Edited by xs0u1x

Best thing to do is use Schott's farming guide.

Essentially, start up a new Free World game, then work your way to where the White Griffin is. Activate that regen post and then kill the Griffin. Then, provided you have Kufferath Castle's gate activated, teleport to there and then walk to the centre of the forest south of the castle and kill the Giant Boar.

Save, then leave the game. Start a new Free World game, then do the same again and again and again....

In single player, the minibosses are gone forever when killed. In multiplayer, they reappear with every new game started.

Both of them drop set items regularly, but they're level capped. I think the highest item I have from the Griffin is level 50 and the boar is level 40. I haven't tried the other minibosses as yet on account of playing the game as it should be, but if you want some fast set items quickly, this is your best bet.

Edited by Blokeymon

so it can't be a campaign new game it has to be a free world on the ps3? Cuz griffin and the boar never respawn and I've made many of games. Free world is different how? Regarding to campaign?

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Playing on the 360 version, using a level 27 HE.. Killing the griffin in one hit and the boar in two..

Getting set items about 3/5 times that I kill the pair.. Working really well.. Also, I've noticed that similar set items drop compared to what you're wearing, so if you're looking for a full level 20 set then it'd be smart to put whatever piece of that set that you have on while killing each, and you'll see similar drops appear.. I killed each at least 15-20 times and kept seeing different sets, but as soon as I stuck the pieces of the sets that I had found similar ones to the rest of the set started dropping left and right.. Using this method I've gathered three full level 20 sets in the last 45 mins or so..

Also, whoever mentioned that it works better online was completely right..

No drops for the first half hour I tried this, offline.. Switched to online and they started showin up like crazy.. I play online free world, public games with a level gap of 2.. Do it this way so there arent many people joining getting upset that I'm constantly quitting and rejoining :drool:

Thanks for the guide Schot, helped out for gathering sets and it's a good way to earn money too :drunkards:

Man. You guys are just raking in the sets eh? lol. It's actually been a looong time since I've had a chance to do some farming myself. Probably something to do whith the fact that all my chests are full. Argh. I need another account, (4th, account. eh heh...), to hold my "crops". :D

Keep on farmin guys!

For those who haven't read it yet please read the first post in this topic. Learn from my "Farming with Schot" video and you too will soon have a wardrobe for any occasion. Only $19.99 for a limited time!

See order form for details. ^^