Farmer Schot's Guide to Growing Lvl 20 Sets

Man. You guys are just raking in the sets eh? lol. It's actually been a looong time since I've had a chance to do some farming myself. Probably something to do whith the fact that all my chests are full. Argh. I need another account, (4th, account. eh heh...), to hold my "crops". :)

Keep on farmin guys!

For those who haven't read it yet please read the first post in this topic. Learn from my "Farming with Schot" video and you too will soon have a wardrobe for any occasion. Only $19.99 for a limited time!

See order form for details. ^^

Do you accept American Express?

:mafia:

Edited by jburrke
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I farm kobold cheiftan and scorpion and harpy and banshee along with dragons etc with my 81 Shadow warrior DW/AL Hybrid mostlywith Grim resilience CWmastered (lots of stamina and regen minus gear etc. (malevelent dw and astral focuses) high tatics sword adn hafted (yes I di two weps for both optiions).

He has a great set aramantins/dendrins cross for 3 bonuses and 54% valuables withoutlosing any damge/ hps. def or DWstats orregn per hits I crafted into pieces.

He can kill any boss except fog moster fast and gets multiple drops of all character types EXCEPt stupid isguard pieces I need ror inQUISITOR lol.

He owns soloing he soleod silver main and is doing gold main now.

makles about 3 million and a set piece or 2 and 4 uniques per griffon/grunwald dragon and quest/boar and bloodclaw run if not 4-5 million (GOLD).

Makes a tomn when I run the dryad island and the other dragon cave and in about 50 minswith scorpion only runs in gold I can make 10 mil and get 5 unique wepssome cool shadow warrior only armor or HE only uniques and usually 2 3 star rings

I used to do orc cave but I get so bored with that

and those orcs are not as fun to fight as a boss when you kill and use his own t energy scorps to help you unload on him as u spam DB and SS with your banner up and an experience pot at 81 I get 79k ex per kill with some experience bonus in gear and dfrom banner mod.

no officer sabers or such but a scarbs (only 2 befoe boss from save point) have dropped me 3 starrings and my level 90 aramantins helmet off a SCARAB lmao.!

I got an officer saber 65 off a zombuie in the start area the second kill when I opened gold with his 56% v aluables starting main quest in goldhow funny is that?

its all luck but I am certian valubales % makes money drosp go to 160k in cash sometimes on a one mob and morerare stuff drops JUST not a lot bnut when it does it is NICE>

MY inquisitor canntop solo andfarm the bosses as well as SW of course he has def/hp gear andmad damge output and 109% valuables :D project of mine without EP trying ot get him to 200% with gear for farming lol.

he gets really nice drops but few and far between mostly for dryad nad inqusitor only though unlike shadow warrior who gets seraphin HE, dryad SW drops a lot.

the strat that this thread started on by Schot, oh yea it works! 18 set items in 30 minutes! level 29 shadow warriors!!

oh and a 3*** shield and a 3*** ring taboot

Edited by Anty
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

:whistle: if this is a stupid question.

So far I've only played on Campaign mode. I keep seeing on the forms about farming bosses mini bosses for better items and set items. Was just wondering how you do it, and if its possible in single player. (been looking around and seems like u need to multi player to do so?)

Anyways pre thxs.

EDIT:

woo looks like some one moved my post to this one...read the above and think I got it now..thx

Edited by Palico

Welcome to DarkMatters, Palico! I merged your topic with this one by Schot. It's pretty much the best guide there is for farming in the game

Hope this helps, and enjoy the boards!

:whistle:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Legend Schot.

Might just be chance but ive been doing this for a few days now, not too hardcore, 10 or 15 runs a day, and I keep gettin the same items dropped, is this just chance or do some items have a higher % to drop than others?

If I get 1 more robe of revenge I might cry is all...

• 3 weeks later...

Been a long time since I've done this myself. Love this lil gem. Still works and quite well I might add! I was playing my level 52 Shadow Warrior who just broke into Gold difficulty and just had to try this. Worked like a charm and a couple times I even got 2 sets drop on a single boss kill. Almost got replacement set pieces for all body parts now. Mixed set peices sadly but new none the less!

Whether certain bosses are most likely to drop certain sets I could not say.

Been a long time since I've done this myself. Love this lil gem. Still works and quite well I might add! I was playing my level 52 Shadow Warrior who just broke into Gold difficulty and just had to try this. Worked like a charm and a couple times I even got 2 sets drop on a single boss kill. Almost got replacement set pieces for all body parts now. Mixed set peices sadly but new none the less!

Whether certain bosses are most likely to drop certain sets I could not say.

I especially like it when you get 3 drops :o Sometimes the quest itself will drop a set piece which is where it doubles/triples up sometimes...its like 2 chances at getting a set :D

• 5 weeks later...
Little note regarding this guide. It was made quite some time ago and things have changed in game somewhat. Ascaron changed the way bosses are found by associating mini bosses to quests which is relatively new and not included in the video. For the Griffon you must start it's associated quest with the NPC that is beside the Monolith. For the Boar the Quest NPC is nearby where the Boar would spawn. A bit north-east of the Boar's spawn location.

Oh maybe that is the key. I have been killing the bosses over and over without activating any quests. I never knew there was a NPC for those bosses :)

If you don't take the quest the boss doesn't spawn, I don't think there are any quests related to them on console but I could be wrong though...

If you don't take the quest the boss doesn't spawn, I don't think there are any quests related to them on console but I could be wrong though...

Ok well then that explains why I never saw a NPC. On console the bosses are there, but I get no drops. I died by the nameless guardian just before finishing silver so now my Survival bonus is low. Working to build that up and maybe that will make a difference.

Console doesn't have the quests like PC. you just run in and find them.

Currently I'm a level 58 BFG, and I've looking for armor sets. I've basically been farming bosses hoping to get those last few pieces, but my luck has turned sour, even with a 75% survivability bonus. I'm looking for tips, advice, methods to increase my chances and not spend too much time. O..O

Depends on what set pieces you are looking for, aspect sets drop more often from campaign bosses than mini bosses, and non aspect sets drop more often from mini bosses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Depends on what set pieces you are looking for, aspect sets drop more often from campaign bosses than mini bosses, and non aspect sets drop more often from mini bosses.

Dude, no wonder I haven't found what I'm looking for. Just a mopment ago I took out the poison Lord and got the Meho's Wristguards that I've been needing for the last 30 levels.