Ranged weapons + Magic Coup

I have been looking through the guides on the site, and have been wondering if anyone has tried using ranged weaponry with Magic Coup. I am especially interested in how this will work with the Stray Damage gold mod. If this ends up working as well as I am hoping, then I'll be sure to write up a guide for it and post it here.

Thanks

Edit: I am currently working on this build, and will let everyone know the results.

Edited by P.E.B.K.A.C.

Ranged...with magic coup? Interesting...does this mean that leech could be had? Or because it's partly spell, no possibility?

And btw, P.E.B.K.A.C., welcome to DarkMatters!

:unsure:

gogo

Haven't had a chance to get far at all on the build as of yet. I review PC components, while also holding down a full time job, so I am not able to play nearly as much as I would like.

Once I get far enough to really give it a test, I'll let you know. It's just hard to find other players in the EU servers sometimes. Well, at least ones that speak english anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed it does work, quite well even. There is a slight catch though: You'll probably have to waste a skill pick and 5 skillpoints in an offensive skill you won't use as Ranged Weapons is a secondary skill in the High Elf's offensive bracket and you have little use for Tactics Lore as a Magic Coupster.

Haven't had a chance to get far at all on the build as of yet. I review PC components, while also holding down a full time job, so I am not able to play nearly as much as I would like.

Once I get far enough to really give it a test, I'll let you know. It's just hard to find other players in the EU servers sometimes. Well, at least ones that speak english anyways.

There's a lot of us in the servers in lower levels P.E.B.K.A.C.. Check out the time to play thread in the Sacred 2 General Discussion thread. Members here post when they're going in, and you can as well so we know when someone's online. You can hook up easy with players this way.

:agreed:

gogo

didnt pyrobelle play ranged HE's? :)

im sure pyro knows loads about this :yay:

Off topic but I will use my mod powers :agreed:

Erling where the hell have you been and why havnt I seen you online? :D

• 2 months later...

I am playing a magic-coup-elf without a weapon skill but with alchemy at level 134 in niob. Since I have no weaponskill I use alchemy to give some extra hit chance versus bosses while I do the hit chance versus champions with jewels: enemy can't evade.

My experiences with ranged builds:

Stray damage is working and Life leech is working at magic coup. But the damage you do with ranged magic coup is way lower than if you do melee, given same weapon class and both weapons affected by dexterity.

I use ranged mainly in combination with shurikens with x% life leech. So a boss with 500000 hitpoints and a weapon with 2% life leech are 10000 un-resisted extra damage each hit.

My opinion: going for the ranged skill is probably a waste, because of the lower damage in ranged magic coup. If you play PC and want to test ranged magic coup builds, I would do a build which unlocks alchemy with bargaining, because you will need really good equipment.

• 2 weeks later...