Look what I found - Excalibur!

I have wandered Grunwald forest many times and never come across this before. I saw a ray of light from the heavens and a crowd of soldiers gathered around a large stone in the middle of a clearing. As I approached they attacked me so, of course I summoned and air strike and Boom! they were all burned to dust. As the smoke and flame cleared, I was so surprised to see a real treasure of mythic proportions.

King Arthur's fabled Sword Excalibur!

sac3fa-20100523-224311.png

sac3fa-20100523-224908.png

Good find!

And by that I remember it was a similar sword in "Fable: The lost Chapters" where you could pull a sword from a stone if your strength was high enough.

Ah, great memories from that game!

Ahhh, one of my favourite easter eggs. The Forrest Gump scene also makes me smile everytime I visit there.

Although I was hoping some kind of quest would've started when I noticed the sword, "guards" etc...

Nice pics!

Ahhh, one of my favourite easter eggs. The Forrest Gump scene also makes me smile everytime I visit there.

Although I was hoping some kind of quest would've started when I noticed the sword, "guards" etc...

Nice pics!

The forest gump scene isn't ringing any bells. describe it, please?

I can think of the bench in the desert with the chocolate box as a Forrest Gump reference.

Edited by Spunky
I can think of the bench in the desert with the chocolate box as a Forrest Gump reference.

I remember a bench in the desert with a skeleton. can't remember where is way south side above the savanna or north by the oasis.

And there's a bus stop sign eh?

Great pics of Excaliber loco. If only we could pull it. I remember coming across that and getting all excited in the hopes there would be more to it. Sadly it's jammed in there pretty good. :)

haha, nice! The pics turned out great Loco :)

My dryad is hiding behind the tree :)

I would have shown your face, but then I would need you to sign a waiver of release for the photo. lol

Yeah... bus stop/timetable, skeleton, box of chocolates and a book. The book confuses me, so it may be more obsure than at first look?

My first impression was "Run, Forrest.. the little scarabs will get you!" :)

ohwait, this is the excalibur thread... :)

Edited by essjayehm

Whats the trick to getting a close picture? I sometimes get a close up coming out of caves but I can't control it. Is it because you have a diff screen resolution than me maybe? I have the lowest one that fit (stretching) my screen (I have a mac accessory thats a pretty big honkin screen).

Tapir, Loco's using the ciSacred mod, in this thread. Nice find Loco, would be awesome if you could randomly pull it out.

Thanks, I could extract the file I was looking for (t_ui-healthbar_do.tga). :4rofl:

• 3 months later...
Wolfie just added this link to the Easter Eggs on Wiki!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Excalibur

:)

gogo

Don't forget the Forrest Gump one either... It's up there now as well.

Great and thanks Wolfie!

I got a new frontispiece for it as well, and Munera has resized all the images to look neat

:)

gogo