Introducing a new Legendary Molotov Cocktail

In the graveyard north of Orcish Byway in the Human region, there's a conjourer who managed to summon a succubus. After you've defeated the succubus for him, he will send you on a grand tour of the various regions of Ancaria - the orc region, Seraphim Island, Dragon Caves, the swamps and finally the desert region. You're told to collect various items along the way. When you've gathered everything, the 5 conjourers will summon the beastly succubus and reveal it's true form before banishing it from Ancaria forever.

As a reward, you get a bunch of goodies - including a rather nifty new Legendary molotov cocktail throwing potion:

post-14586-0-85346900-1295959971_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's right. The Essence of Dark Matters! Named for this very forum!

This thing's wiki page is up for some time already. Here: Essence of Dark Matters. I told about it in the wiki section, but sadly our admins weren't enthusiastic enough to tell all the others. By the way, looks like the damage of this potion varies from time to time, at least the one pictured here is different from the one I put on the wiki... which means that there would be more then one entry on the wiki page later.

Thank you for the info, Wolfie. I'll be looking for other varieties of this thing.

About the name... It's such a nice way to thank the community, isn't it?

By the way, since the quest is bugged in CM v100, it's not quite clear that these conjurors are the infamous Brotherhood of Sakkara, and that they just subdue the demon and teleport it somewhere instead of banishing it.

Edited by Silver_fox

This thing's wiki page is up for some time already. Here: Essence of Dark Matters. I told about it in the wiki section, but sadly our admins weren't enthusiastic enough to tell all the others. By the way, looks like the damage of this potion varies from time to time, at least the one pictured here is different from the one I put on the wiki... which means that there would be more then one entry on the wiki page later.

Thank you for the info, Wolfie. I'll be looking for other varieties of this thing.

About the name... It's such a nice way to thank the community, isn't it?

By the way, since the quest is bugged in CM v100, it's not quite clear that these conjurors are the infamous Brotherhood of Sakkara, and that they just subdue the demon and teleport it somewhere instead of banishing it.

Really? When I read the first bits about it on Mantis and PM'ed 'em about it, they were quite thrilled...

It looks like the damage amounts and damage TYPE also varies - mine is all physical/poison while yours appears to be fire/poison damage. Keep in mind the one I have is 20 levels above yours as well. That will, by itself, vary the damage amount on it's own.

The last dialog I had with the master conjourer dude before he handed me the potion and other goodies and they vanished, the guy pretty much admitted they were the Brotherhood of Sakkara. But given the fubar nature of the quest in my logbook, I didn't bother taking screenshots. Ah well.. Hopefully the next release won't be too far along.

It looks like the damage amounts and damage TYPE also varies - mine is all physical/poison while yours appears to be fire/poison damage. Keep in mind the one I have is 20 levels above yours as well. That will, by itself, vary the damage amount on it's own.

Sorry, I meant the damage type, not values, since the values depend on the level, and the type doesn't. It also comes in various appearances. There are 9 (yes, nine) types of this potion, so we'd have fun times finding them all.

Ah ha, this has finally made it out as a topic... great post Wolfie! Silver actually had the item page for Essence of Dark Matters up in Wiki for a whee while, and I remember being pretty thrilled when I first saw the homage to the DarkMatters community on this.

Congratulations you guys!

One day we'll have to round up all the new pages that have gone into the wiki for CM patch just to get everyone's interest perked. Munera has put in VERY excellent work for a lot of the new CM Patch Items, and he's received no super topic for it yet... we'll have to target him next!

:bounce:

gogo

Ah ha, this has finally made it out as a topic... great post Wolfie! Silver actually had the item page for Essence of Dark Matters up in Wiki for a whee while, and I remember being pretty thrilled when I first saw the homage to the DarkMatters community on this.

Congratulations you guys!

One day we'll have to round up all the new pages that have gone into the wiki for CM patch just to get everyone's interest perked. Munera has put in VERY excellent work for a lot of the new CM Patch Items, and he's received no super topic for it yet... we'll have to target him next!

:bounce:

gogo

Eh.. I dunno bout finding EVERY new bit. The CM Patch crew is fairly busy - always looking for new stuff to add. As long as they keep crankin' out the goodies, I doubt that section would ever be quite done...

Eh.. I dunno bout finding EVERY new bit. The CM Patch crew is fairly busy - always looking for new stuff to add. As long as they keep crankin' out the goodies, I doubt that section would ever be quite done...

Heheheee.....fasten your seatbelts for things yet to come. :devil:

Edit: How come I got this nifty purple text bittie there in my profile. *excited*

The more interesting stuff is offered by CM, the funnier the game is! Thank you for creating lots of new things. And it's OK that the wiki work on them would never be done. It's a nice work. It's always interesting to find something new.

And you're right, gogo. We just HAVE TO advertise for Munera's wiki work as well as the new sets it shows. I think it would bring more attention to CM patch, since many people like to search for set items. It may even make some people to play the game again, since there is new stuff to be found in it. Not to mention the simple fact that a good work on these pages just have to be praised.

Edited by Silver_fox

At last! I get to see it. Essence of Dark Matters That's soooo cool! Thanx czevak! :D I've been so busy with the sites I barely have time to think of anything else so a big thank you wolfie for making this topic. :thumbsup:

I believe the purple text there is a bit of gogo magic. ^^

Ah, you noticed Czevak, awesome! We've put together some new group colors for all the teams here on the site, and we wanted to show all the official reps of the company and the dev CM Patch as recognition.

Schot and I have cleared up some room now for some posting and work with the CM Patch in the wiki, and we're going to start making regular announcements in their own topics of the most exciting news, here on FDM and at SIF.

And so we begin:

Introducing a new Molotov Cocktail - Brand new Legendary!

:)

gogo

Ah, you noticed Czevak, awesome! We've put together some new group colors for all the teams here on the site, and we wanted to show all the official reps of the company and the dev CM Patch as recognition.

Schot and I have cleared up some room now for some posting and work with the CM Patch in the wiki, and we're going to start making regular announcements in their own topics of the most exciting news, here on FDM and at SIF.

And so we begin:

Introducing a new Molotov Cocktail - Brand new Legendary!

:)

gogo

Gogo - Er... You posted a link in the above thread that links back directly to the reply you posted above. Wouldn't it make more sense to post a link to the top of the article instead?

At last! I get to see it. Essence of Dark Matters That's soooo cool! Thanx czevak! :D I've been so busy with the sites I barely have time to think of anything else so a big thank you wolfie for making this topic. :thumbsup:

I believe the purple text there is a bit of gogo magic. ^^

You're welcome... I'm actually kind of surprised it hasn't been brought up sooner. Geeze.. The 0100 patch has been out for a bit over a month now.