Slow/choppy/laggy gameplay

recently me and my GF have noticed that sometimes the game will get pretty slow when we are fighting, I think it might be caused by my Blazing Tempest spell tho, and its really effecting the gameplay. most noticeable areas so far are the jungle (down from desert) and the dryad island. :P

its not that we have been playing for like 23 hours non stop either, we only played for an hour and a half last night and it still did it.

I checked for graphics to turn down (used to PC gaming lol) and there was nothing under options either.

does this happen to anyone else that plays PS3 co-op? is there anything I can do, last night I tried to restart the whole ps3 and reload that seemed to kind of help but when it slows down it kind of makes me not even want to use that spell lol!

thanks for the help!

cheers!

me too! I have kept it at about 1.5-2 seconds this whole time and while I would love to spam it, any more than 2 can cause a huge lag spike. its really scare seeing as how me and my GF have SB of about 80% and we are both 56 and hunting stuff on dryad island and wastelands, in silver until ready for gold.

that got me to thinking do you think it would benefit from a huge level of runes read with like a 5-7 cooldown and was only used in dire situations? kinda defeats the purpose of my idea for the BT spell but I dont see another way around this :P

cheers!

me too! I have kept it at about 1.5-2 seconds this whole time and while I would love to spam it, any more than 2 can cause a huge lag spike. its really scare seeing as how me and my GF have SB of about 80% and we are both 56 and hunting stuff on dryad island and wastelands, in silver until ready for gold.

that got me to thinking do you think it would benefit from a huge level of runes read with like a 5-7 cooldown and was only used in dire situations? kinda defeats the purpose of my idea for the BT spell but I dont see another way around this :)

cheers!

Heh... if you think Blazing Tempest causes lag... try a Temple Guardian and Firey Ember or Icy Evanescence :P The amount of lagginess is directly related to the # of monsters on-screen, so it totally defeats itself in that regard (because you want the max # of enemies affected by your CA).

With my current toon, I did read quite a few (25-30) runes into BT, and it now has a 12 (on foot) or a 20 (mounted) second regen time and it works good for groups, with Glacial Thorns or Magic Coup to finish them off. I actually prefer this method to the "spam BT" method, since only one fire DoT can be affecting the monster at one time.

I've never been killed by that particular lag-monster, but I've locked up the console too many times (and lost lots of experience/levels/items).

well what is odd is for the first 28 levels of her life she spent running up and down the path over by the white griffon and I would literally have 30+ kobolds on the screen and spam BT :(

I didnt really notice the lag there but what I think something that might of affected it too was the rain! both places I had really noticed it there were a ton of baddies on the screen, 2-3 BTs and rain, so maybe just an overload of wicked looking graphics :)

its ok im starting to learn to love AF and its 2 mods greek and the 40% increase in damage lol I can spam it every 1.0 second! highest crit is 8k so far :)

I noticed that your regen time is higher on your mount? did you get another mount other than AP? I run at 145% so I rarely use my mount :P

I think I will try the higher regen on BT and just use it when overwhelmed by mobs or maybe just see how the next couple nights play out.

last night was fine but we spent most of the night shopping and orc caving :)

yeah, I got into a server on line where one of the other players was spamming BT and the lag ended up killing me (well, griffon that was a little big for me actually killed me but the health potion didnt register in time due to the lag and I was done...that was with my hybrid dryad.).

anyway, 4 wks to GT5 and I'll be on that through the end of the year I suspect (but I love this kind of game too so I'm sure I'll keep coming back).

Try turning off all buff effects and numbers. When I got rid of the all the numbers on the screen the game runs better.

Do turn off buff effects and number values that pop. It helps.

I never used a fire HE. At higher levels my Ice Shards didn't slow me down much but like two raging nimbus' would drag the game down to chops.

Really go for a Ice Shard spammer. You can spam that forever. Use a pistol or something for aiming early on. Same deal as Blazing not as god like early on tho. Plus I enjoy the Ice buffs more.

I'm used to it getting laggy every now and then, when it gets that laggy all it tells me is that there are a lot of monsters close by me waiting to be killed. It is also an indicator that the game is getting close to freezing though, so when I see it slow down, I immediately start killing every monster I see to speed things up and avoid a freeze. Haven't had the game freeze on me in quite a while now...

The placement of your console and it heating up is usually a key to this kind of stuff. If you have it in a closed area it might not be getting enough O2 so it's hardware is over heating.

This is a problem with consoles that has become more and more previlant as they become more advanced. Some of the companies aren't taking internal temperatures into account when they make them and they end up over heating. Sony Playstation is notorious for it at this point as many have had the problem with every thing from the original PS to the PS3. Xbox had a similar issues but it can be rectified by keeping the power box and console off fabric surfaces.

And if you think that is laggy, try the Dryad exploit with VD and wait for lots of stuff to die at once. I had the console freeze for a second as he tried to register the amount of experience coming in.

I actually got some rubber things from target, I got like 6 different sizes for like 5 bucks and put 4 in each corner of the playstation so now it sits about 1.5 inches off the entertainment center, it really seemed to help as the bottom used to get really hot.

kinda nerdy but w/e

cheers!

I play on the xbox360. Things I do to reduce lag are: turn off the damage details and experience counters, turn off buff effects under the display section and keep gore off. A lot of my character builds use very few spells, magic area effects are a pain with a few people in a room.