[REL] Diablo 2 Fallen

Flix

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have 2 things that worry me about the french version:

*the fonts are not replaced with D2 ones (they are well installed, I've checked it).

*the text still shows Sacred 2 text in french; I would have think it would have been new D2F speech in english at least, knowing that the french translation is not finished yet.

Please, can you confirm? Thanks (you can move this post if it's not the right place to talk about that)

The French version isn't going to work at all right now. The French locale folder is completely absent in BETA 7, which explains both of your questions.

I'm sorry but the French translation just wasn't ready in time. Maybe you can contact VAMPIRE and help him out in some way, to speed things along?

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a new mirror link up in the lead post to download Diablo 2 Fallen from Kirmizi Perfect, a fansite dedicated to hosting mods from various ARPG's like Sacred 2, Titan Quest, Diablo 2, Torchlight, and more. There's no version difference but you might find the download a little faster than from Google Drive.

D2F (and other mods I've worked on) are hosted there with permission. If you get D2F from any other source than my Google Drive link or Kirmizi Perfect, it is an unauthorized and unreliable source. I have admin access to the Sacred 2 section of the site so I will try to keep things tidy and updated there as well as on here.

It was a sobering event when titanquest.net went under and all the mods, tools, guides, and resources nearly vanished with along with it. Big thanks to grinninglich for picking up the slack and keeping these myriad projects alive. It's nice to have eggs in more than one basket. :)

Excellent! I hear you on sites always going down. Specially with big files like this, but so happy seeing gininglich putting up the site and helping out...he's carrying a torch!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Flix, I think Schot has access to a massive storage account from Microsoft...for a while anyway, would it help if he could carry the file as well?

gogo

Oh yeah! I remember him mentioning that. The idea was that we could have entries added to our DarkMatters downloads section, but the file itself would be hosted on and retrieved from the Microsoft Drive? How do you want to set that up? I can prepare the file for upload later today.

• Like! 1

Flix, I think Schot has access to a massive storage account from Microsoft...for a while anyway, would it help if he could carry the file as well?

gogo

Oh yeah! I remember him mentioning that. The idea was that we could have entries added to our DarkMatters downloads section, but the file itself would be hosted on and retrieved from the Microsoft Drive? How do you want to set that up? I can prepare the file for upload later today.

Yes, exactly as you said. DarkMatters is " trusted" so if the link is at least "here" on this site, I'm thinking doesn't really matter where the file is being held since our site is vetting it.

This is a good project then

Ill chat him up this afternoon and have him do a run to see how fast the speed is, how long he has that space for.

gogo

OK I have the file ready whenever you want to try it.

• Like! 1

Tada! Oh rats, wait...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmXw7Xsgdss6gmHZUfLlMdgTYrcR

Ta... Daaaaa!

I put it up a couple days ago which I downloaded from that other site. I hope it's the right one. Great work Flix. Clearly you are insane, (to have done all that), lol.

P.s.

I gave you power to link to an external file source in the Downloads section Flix. Let me know if you get stuck! It's a bit finicky.

Wonderful. It worked out really well, thanks! Could you by any chance make the "Support Topic" button link to this topic? I deleted the auto-generated thread since this topic already has it covered.

So, Diablo 2 Fallen has a file page in DarkMatters Downloads now:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/628-diablo-2-fallen/

Version 7b is the new version, but all it means is that Patch #1 and the French Patch are integrated. No need to re-download if you already have Beta 7 and those patches.

I updated the download link in the lead post in this thread to go straight to the new download page. I took my Google Drive links down but left Kirmizi Perfect as a mirror.

Great! I'll see about the support topic. Might be a bit tricky but as a temporary means maybe I could restore the deleted auto-generated support topic, delete it's contents and put a link in it to redirect visitors to your topic here.

In the past I know I've edited the database for this sort of situation though it's always an unnerving endeavor, haha. I could also move posts here to the auto support topic after restoring it but of course there's the issue of time stamps... I fiddle around and see what happens.

• The topic was featured